Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Acupuncture & Acupressure

Old 09-05-2011, 10:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
Doctor said chiropractors working on your back is O.K. but not on your neck. Working on the neck can be dangerous.

That's because they don't want to lose business.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:20 PM
Pathfinder

I periodically get neck and right shoulder tension. My massage therapist will put her knuckles up near the base of my skull and my chin gets pushed upwards, she will every so gentle rub the space between the skull and spine. I asked her about it and she told me there is a disc up in there (she showed me on the skeleton) that gets compressed. A certified massage therapist could help.

I like to lie on my bed on my back, with my head hanging over the edge of the bed... I line up the bottom of my skull with the edge of the bed and let my head hang. I will slowly move my head back and forth and let it hang for a few minutes again. Sometimes I get a crack sensation and I feel a lot of tension leave.

I have been told that there are theories that the base of the skull holds spiritual energy and tension there needs to be released for spiritual fullfillment.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:35 PM
Administrator
Hello

If it was not for the Ciro Dr. I would not be possibly even here. I was slated for BONE FUSION in me neck and I did not like that idea. So me Family Dr. suggested I see a friend of her's a Ciro Dr. just to see what he thought first. I had daily migrains and the med's were effecting organs. I had to come off them.

YES I was scared to death when I heard the crack happen and I walked out of the office thinking OMG can I honestly do this . In less than an hour for the FIRST time in year's I had no headache. It too a year....almost daily appointments BUT I was blessed to get me neck stableized. NOT fixed but better than plates and pins.

I have just got Level III Reiki BUT I so know that it is in no way a replacement for a Dr. but an assistance to the Dr.

As for supports and pillows again if the neck is REALLY bad I would too suggest that a professional fit ye with one. I got one that was "as seen on TV" and I did a lot more damage using it than good. I got fitted with a GOOD one and yes it was costly but was so worth the investment.

Lynn
Old 09-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Master
I've been having my back and neck 'adjusted' or cracked for since before 1974 as I said earlier, the last visit was within the past month and he got a mighty crack out of my neck and when I walked out, I felt more balanced as I walked, so chiros have my vote.

Old 20-05-2011, 08:25 AM
Master

I spoke to someone today and he said the doctors said to him, not to go to a chiropractor for neck problems as it can be dangerous. I would advise to ask your doctor on his/her opinion.
Old 20-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Medium_Laura

Suzy, doctors don't believe in chiropractors for the reason that they don't believe in surgery. Most doctors will opt for fusions or disc replacements.
Old 20-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Prokopton

Quote:
I have a really personal question here. I wanted to know if anyone knows what helps neck problems my neck always hurts and i feel like the weight of the world is on my neck bone. i have my mom rub it all the time and does relieve some pressure but it still hurts. What do I do

The other issue is negative energy. It attaches to the neck via the 1st vertebra and makes stiffness which can spread.

If that applies to you, use rubbing alcohol. Soaking basil in it first makes it work better. Just wipe it on the back of your neck. If you feel an instant relief, keep using it.
Old 20-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Medium_Laura

I do agree that negativity seems to set in the neck and shoulders area. Self worth and fears are big ones for that area.
Old 20-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Administrator
Hello

I dont think any GOOD Dr or Chiro would do something that does more harm than good in intenstions. At times its more the lack of resources in our medical systyem that bring on issues.

I know that the Chiro Dr. I went to wanted a full set of x rays HE TOOK himself so that he knew exactly what he was dealing with as mine was such an OLD injury.

Like with all things maybe dont take the ONE opinion but seek two.

Lynn
Old 21-05-2011, 03:00 AM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I wouldn't be scaring people off of chiro, as I've been going to one since before 1974 and if it weren't for them, I'd be much worse off. Also, my ex had a severe back problem that the regular docs did nothing for in spite of giving shots and pills. But the day he took my advice and went to my chiro, he was on the mend. He couldn't even walk up the stairs to sleep in bed, so he had to sleep on the couch, he was messed up bad and the chiro fixed him.

Jules is right, though, go see your own doc or shop for a chiropractor near you.

The thing about chiropractors is, there are some bad ones out there. I had one really hurt me. I should have sued. He really pounded on my back and really shoved his knee in my side. I was always sore afterwards. Plus, he really threw my hips out of alignment. My right hip started going out on me. I'd be walking along and then all of a sudden I could not bend my knee. If I tried, excruciating pain. It took almost a year for it to get better. Some of them are out right dangerous, they rush and and some use too much force. Ask around... don't just pick one out of the yellow pages.

A cranial-sacral therapist can do wonders for neck problems though.