Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 22-01-2015, 06:01 PM
--Star-Nancy--

I think I am going crazy or maybe i am just depressed

I think I am going crazy. I feel like everyone wants something from me and I just want to lock myself. It isn't normal. I might be seen as selfish, but I am not imo
Just there is so much problems all the time
Old 22-01-2015, 06:11 PM
Master
It's perfectly healthy to lock yourself for a while :)

Just set some boundaries with people in a mature and peaceful way, so they will learn to respect your private space.

In order to help others, first you should help yourself.

About the depression have you tried some exercise or start a new hobby?
Old 22-01-2015, 11:12 PM
dreamextremes

I have depression also and I deal with what you've described on a daily basis.

I agree with Lucyan. You have to get yourself in a better spot before you will ever be able to put energy into helping others the way you want to. Those who truly care about your wellbeing should (ultimately) support you, regardless of the steps you must take to get yourself in a better place mentally, emotionally, spiritually.

Depression can become a pervasive mental illness, if you let it. The fact that you are at a point where you don't feel "normal" means that you are recognizing that you need some sort of change in order to get back to "normal."

When dealing with depression, every moment may seem like a battle. Everything becomes too overwhelming. So, the most important thing for you to do is to focus on yourself in order to get better and to get to a place where you feel like you can deal with life again. Others may not fully understand, but remember that right now, you do need to put yourself first. It's not selfish, in fact, it's the right thing to do imo.

I hope things get better for you really soon.

"It's a moment to moment journey."
Old 23-01-2015, 02:22 PM
Master
Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamextremes
I have depression also and I deal with what you've described on a daily basis.

I agree with Lucyan. You have to get yourself in a better spot before you will ever be able to put energy into helping others the way you want to. Those who truly care about your wellbeing should (ultimately) support you, regardless of the steps you must take to get yourself in a better place mentally, emotionally, spiritually.

Depression can become a pervasive mental illness, if you let it. The fact that you are at a point where you don't feel "normal" means that you are recognizing that you need some sort of change in order to get back to "normal."

When dealing with depression, every moment may seem like a battle. Everything becomes too overwhelming. So, the most important thing for you to do is to focus on yourself in order to get better and to get to a place where you feel like you can deal with life again. Others may not fully understand, but remember that right now, you do need to put yourself first. It's not selfish, in fact, it's the right thing to do imo.

I hope things get better for you really soon.

"It's a moment to moment journey."

This explanation is both wise and clear dreamextremes
Old 27-01-2015, 05:03 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by --Star-Nancy--
I think I am going crazy. I feel like everyone wants something from me and I just want to lock myself. It isn't normal. I might be seen as selfish, but I am not imo

The only way to win in a satan ruled world= Matthew 16:24--one must disown themselves to be a real follower of Jesus. Yes this world throws nothing but sad news constantly dragging ones heart into a pit. If one throws themselves out of their heart and replace that with Jesus' love--- things can look much better, then one can be assured inside that they will be allowed into Gods kingdom. there isn't a mortal living that has the right to tell another they are saved or born again, not a single mortal has seen even one name written in the book of life, nor can they read a heart--they just have theory, that is all.
As well this helps too. Hebrews 10:24-25--- incite to love and fine works, do not forsake the gathering of yourselves together--- many seem to think going to worship on easter and Christmas is enough--they are fooling themselves--helping each other to find joy in hearts is a real blessing. and besides every encyclopedia warns of the added pagan practices off the table of demons( 1Cor 10:21) in both of those holidays. not something Jesus would be associated with.
God told all they must do this--Few bother----This is my son the beloved in whom I am well pleased--LISTEN TO HIM-- that entails learning and applying every single truth Jesus taught in their lives daily.
Old 06-02-2015, 06:10 AM
DaveAdams

It's not selfish mate it's essential if you feel the way you do to get away from people that bother you for a bit, but don't close yourself off from the rest of the world..What I used to do when feeling like you, was to go for long walks or bike rides where there are no people to bother me..Or like someone mentioned find a new hobby or passion, because love is motivation & motivation is love..So if we want to feel really motivated in life & excited, we have to be on the look out for all the things we might love doing in life....However i did along the way stumble upon the cure for all negative emotions feelings & thoughts, & the cure is to learn 1st why we get them, 2nd how to combat them when we do get them, & 3rd how to eliminate them forever....So my best advice to you would be to go for a few walks/bike rides to clear your mind, & look into the training on the net regarding negative emotions feelings & thought control & become a serious meditator....Check it out over the next month, but do the walks etc to help clear your mind..Then start the training with all the people who now bother you, & your'l eventually find that their essential for your own training..When you realise that it's a great day, because you then realise why your actually here. :-)
Old 06-02-2015, 03:24 PM
Guide
We do receive happiness from giving. But your giving has to be your choice, not others
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 06-02-2015, 07:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by --Star-Nancy--

You'll be fine, life is filled with cycles. Take time for yourself when you need it and make it ok to do so.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:56 AM
karmasama

Depression is a very individual thing and it's impossible for anybody to give you really good advice until he knows your situation as best as possible.

Generally, yes, you should give yourself space if people bother you, you should try exercising and look for some new hobby. These all WILL help you to keep your mind in a better shape, but what also needs to be done is to look deeply and to find the reason you're depressed in the first place.

Deal with the source. More often than not, you'll find the source of depression inside yourself. You have to look for it and stand up to it, otherwise it's just distracting yourself and running away. You will feel better for some time, but unless you resolve the real source of depression, it can come back to you later some time or another.

First of all though - if you feel uncomfortable with some people in your life - look for ways to spend less time with them, if that is possible.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:47 AM
Experiencer

Check out the words "introvert" and "empath" ...