Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 07:34 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ces
When the forum kicks you out - as you post the response or thread, it often comes up with a window to log back in. If you log in at the point in the centre of the screen and not the right hand corner - it will post what you have written. I have found it tends to be the posting point that logs you out if your writing a lot

good advice Ces, someone else mentioned that to me - it works !

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 03-07-2011, 07:42 AM
Master
I used to encounter this problem when writing a long post ....... I discovered that if you periodically press the "preview post" button as you are writing, you don't seem to get logged out .........

Hope this works for you.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:49 AM
Aylesha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ces
When the forum kicks you out - as you post the response or thread, it often comes up with a window to log back in. If you log in at the point in the centre of the screen and not the right hand corner - it will post what you have written. I have found it tends to be the posting point that logs you out if your writing a lot

Thank you for replying, most times this works for me too. Though initially it was trial and error to start out with. I personally have had work lost as well, where this method has failed.

What would be helpful to forum members, is to know how long one has before automatic log out occurs. There must be a set automatic logout time which is normally set in the Administration part of this forum. To know what that automatic log out time frame is would be helpful.

I am aware that automatic log out most likely has been put in place for security reasons.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:09 AM
Master
Even now, I always do my long posts in Word and copy them to my HD. Then copy and paste into the forum. Just common sense really !
Old 03-07-2011, 08:17 AM
mattie

Technical Issue That Can Be Worked Around

This happens to me frequently when writing a long post. Just takes a second to log back in. I hope you reconsider as it is a very minor thing IMO.

I like to write up replies on a word processing page (pages in Mac, a word document on a PC), as it catches spelling errors & I can use a larger font that is a little easier on the eyes, then cut & paste.

Interesting note from pre-dawn that this might be something to do w/ the type of internet connection.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Inesophet

Yes i agree that this forum is ANCIENT!

It is like a timemachine back to 2000.
It Seriously needs an update. And i can understand why people wont put up with it.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Master
I have had it happen too ... but I prefer and I choose to think of it this way..

.....mmmmm well maybe I wasn't meant to write that.......... LOL :)
Old 03-07-2011, 11:17 AM
mattie

Timing Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiler
I have had it happen too ... but I prefer and I choose to think of it this way..

I think there is just a much simpler explanation of timing out. Happens to me all the time when writing a long reply, but not w/ a short one.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Master
matte

quote : I think there is just a much simpler explanation of timing out. Happens to me all the time when writing a long reply, but not w/ a short one.

True ... but Id prefer The Life of Brian Approach .. via looking on the bright side..simply because it makes me feel better.

Cheers :)

Old 03-07-2011, 11:25 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiler

Actually, Smiler's explanation isn't that far fetched ... I have had similar thoughts when my post has disappeared !

hmm, or as I was reading thru the replies here, isn't this a creative way of getting replies to a welcome ? already on page 2 ! just a way out there thought !! kind of like those posts where someone says " goodbye " and everyone jumps in and begs them to stay...... not saying this is one of those, it just reminded me of those other posts. Obviously most of us have had issues with this signing out and losing posts and become wiser, listening to all the replies and helpful suggestions.

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Closed Thread