Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 29-05-2012, 11:14 AM
AbSoul

New to this whole signs/talking to universe thing...

Hi guys, recently I've introduced myself to this new realm of spiritualy that I'm still tyring to figure out. I already read a couple of articles/blog posts about listening to the universe and signs and all that and I'd just like to further my knowledge, so any links or your own explanations would be helpful.

As of now I only have a couple of specific questions...

1.How do you distinguish between an intuition(that's divine I guess) and a regular urge? Or are all urges meant to be followed? Personally I feel like things always go for the better when I follow my gut feeling/heart but I'm not sure if that's wise to always do.

2.Are all coincidences and things that relate your problem or question to the universe signs??

3.Last mourning I asked the universe to give me signs on whether or not I should go after this girl... and directly after I turned around and we bumped into each other hard(that stuff only happens in movies lol). And then I asked for one more sign and the chair next to her freed up. Of course I was still too much of a pussy to make a move lol. A couple more signs appeared later that night (on FB) lol that I can elaborate on if you desire. One thing that slightly but just slightly bothers me is that I'm in gr.12(18 yrs old, going 19 this summer) and she's in gr.10(16 yrs old).

edit: I forgot to put an actual question in my 3rd point, but what I wanted to know is if these look like legit signs that I should pursue her?

Last edited by AbSoul : 29-05-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 29-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbSoul
Hi guys, recently I've introduced myself to this new realm of spiritualy that I'm still tyring to figure out. I already read a couple of articles/blog posts about listening to the universe and signs and all that and I'd just like to further my knowledge, so any links or your own explanations would be helpful.

As of now I only have a couple of specific questions...

Welcome AbSoul, learning to use the energy of the universe and read the patterns that are broadcast to you is an exciting and inspiring lifelong journey.

1. My simple answer (no expert) is that you should look inside of you when you notice this urge, does it bring forward feelings of rejuvenation and lightness? Or is it closer to an addiction and lowers your vibrational energy?
Follow the good feelings and that can lead you to a path that is true for you.

2. Again, revert to your inner feeling when you notice such synchronicities. If that burst of energy follows your realisation of such coincidence, it is probably a message.

3. I don't think this is a question haha but as in number one, follow the feeling...

And for what its worth I think 18 is a great age to start learning about spirituality. If you interested you can read some books/articles on the Law of Attraction. This should give you some sound principles on broadcasting your true desires and receiving answers. Anymore questions you have feel free to ask, these forums are very friendly and helpful ;)

Josh
Old 29-05-2012, 01:04 PM
AbSoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralJosh
Welcome AbSoul, learning to use the energy of the universe and read the patterns that are broadcast to you is an exciting and inspiring lifelong journey.

1. My simple answer (no expert) is that you should look inside of you when you notice this urge, does it bring forward feelings of rejuvenation and lightness? Or is it closer to an addiction and lowers your vibrational energy?
Follow the good feelings and that can lead you to a path that is true for you.

2. Again, revert to your inner feeling when you notice such synchronicities. If that burst of energy follows your realisation of such coincidence, it is probably a message.

3. I don't think this is a question haha but as in number one, follow the feeling...

And for what its worth I think 18 is a great age to start learning about spirituality. If you interested you can read some books/articles on the Law of Attraction. This should give you some sound principles on broadcasting your true desires and receiving answers. Anymore questions you have feel free to ask, these forums are very friendly and helpful ;)

Josh

Thanks a lot!

A couple of things tho, what is a vibrational energy and how do I feel it/get in tune with it?

And for number 3, lol, I forgot to put a question mark somewhere in there, but what I wanted to know is if you think these are legit signs that I sould pursue her?

Any good books/articles you can recommend me?
Old 29-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Quintessence

1.How do you distinguish between an intuition(that's divine I guess) and a regular urge? Or are all urges meant to be followed? Personally I feel like things always go for the better when I follow my gut feeling/heart but I'm not sure if that's wise to always do.

The methods of distinguishing - if you do it at all - are always very personal and bound in in your specific worldview and metaphysics. For example, AstralJosh's interpretation of "vibrations" makes not a lick of sense in my worldview and isn't something I would ever consider using as a litmus test. Figuring out how you answer the "big questions" in the metaphysical arena is what will help you sort this out. For example, to me there is nothing that is not divine, so there really is no difference between "regular" urges and "divine/intuitive" urges. Everything is divine. It is my responsibility to choose what to do with the information I receive and how I go about it will depend on the specifics of the situation. It's not different than deciding to act on the advice a friend gives you (or not, as the case may be). Ultimately, it's up to what you Will.

2.Are all coincidences and things that relate your problem or question to the universe signs?

This is completely up to you. You're responsible for interpreting your own divinatory omens. Personally, I would be very leery about making everything in the universe all about you. Although we're each the perceptual center of our own personal universes, the universe does not actually revolve around you. Thinking every little thing that happens somehow relates to you or is a sign is rather (and possibly excessively) self-absorbed. So long as you don't start getting delusions of grandeur - or if your path is deliberately ego-centric and you don't care about a grandiose sense of self-importance - interpret as you Will.

The same above things pretty much applies to the third question. It's completely up to you, and it is your responsibility to take what you perceive (or not) to be a sign and translate that into action. Again, think of omens like advice, not as commands. Use discretion, common sense, be smart, and don't just follow advice blindly. Do what YOU will and don't just do something because someone else (be it a friend or an omen) told you to. Consider the consequences, both on yourself and on others. If you want to "pursue" her than do. If you do not, then don't. It really is YOUR choice. The gods are definitely nudging you in that direction, but it is still YOUR choice.
Old 29-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbSoul
Thanks a lot!

A couple of things tho, what is a vibrational energy and how do I feel it/get in tune with it?

And for number 3, lol, I forgot to put a question mark somewhere in there, but what I wanted to know is if you think these are legit signs that I sould pursue her?

Any good books/articles you can recommend me?

Yes, I got started on 'The Secret' by rhonda byrne, or you can just watch the movie version and it will give you a quick overview on what I mean by vibrational energy and 'The Source'. You can then feel free to move on to books like 'Manifest Your Desires' by Esther Hicks or any others you find along your search.

If you are asking for my opinion on whether you pursue this girl or not, I don't know if I can give you a helpful one based on the information I have. What I will say is once you read about the power of coincidence you will gain an intuition on when you are receiving signs. If it is a question on needing more confidence to approach her then i am afraid i don't have a spiritual solution for that :)