Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 05-10-2019, 10:36 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
This is a priceless example of how the idea of "awakening" can be (to me) overhyped (along with the word "enlightenment"). I've never believed there can be just one awakening (or enlightenment) unless the person thereafter shuts themself away from further interaction with anything - or simply refuses to acknowledge any further experience of anything. And that's hardly awoken! We experience life until the moment it ceases. Our awareness and consciousness are being broadened continually. It's a continuous process to me that can come in fits and starts. "Suddenly one awakens to..." sort of thing. Even the person suddenly hit by gnosis doesn't stop there: it can be overwhelming but things are seen in a new light so to speak.

I still believe this vacillation (between self-sufficiency and a loneliness after losing a companion of whatever sort) has to be pulled out of the shadow into the light and looked at. Maybe developing a little more assertiveness is the answer...I don't know. It seems perfectly natural to want companionship of some kind, maybe several kinds, unless one can be totally self-sufficient (which I'm not).

It is perfectly natural to want companionship of some kind, but not from an energy of "get me out of my loneliness and lack".

We need to be living a happy life and seek companionship from a positive energy. That's what I am learning. Otherwise we keep attracting abusive people.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:48 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by olhosdeamendoa
It is perfectly natural to want companionship of some kind, but not from an energy of "get me out of my loneliness and lack".

We need to be living a happy life and seek companionship from a positive energy. That's what I am learning. Otherwise we keep attracting abusive people.
Dead right!
Old 05-10-2019, 12:27 PM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Well for starters I couldn't care less about the "new age movement". I know very well what I have been through and it's not my imagination.

I have been in a journey of empowerment and stepping into my true self. I'm not special or an average person. I'm just a normal soul with a specific life purpose.

We are ALL in an ascension process in this planet, the difference is some are aware of it, some are not.

My business didn't give me a sense of "grandeur", it just showed me how much I can achieve when I am true to myself and stand in my power.

It was easy to do that in my business, not so in my personal relationships. I think it's more due to certain patterns of behaviour.

I only feel the need to have a romantic partner when I am feeling vulnerable and lonely for some reason, otherwise I am happy living my life. And instead of going within and address why I am feeling vulnerable and lonely, I go to the external world trying to find someone to lean on.

And then from that energy of weakness and loneliness I end up attracting all sorts of abusive people and predators that try to manipulate and take advantage of me feeling that way.

My last relationship was a clear example of that. Even after we broke up, he was still sending messages emphasising how lonely and vulnerable I am and how much I need him! That was a BIG eye opener for me.

I feel like I need to address what is not right in my life that makes me feel like that, and create the happy life I want.

I am soon moving back to my country, after living in a very cold and dark north country for several years. I love the beach and warm weather and have been depressed living here.

I'm starting to understand that I need to feel empowered and abundant and joyful and then try to find a partner from THAT energy instead.

Well you seem to know it all yet you have not applied it in your life and gotten the results you want so either you don't know it all or you do and you just refuse to actually do what you know is right? Which one sounds more viable?
Old 06-10-2019, 01:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
Now I'm not saying all of this to be mean I'm saying all of this to point out to you your imagination. The first step is to realize how your imagination controls your life and this goes for the majority of people not just you and how the realization of yourself and where you really stand will help you to get control of yourself so that yourself doesn't destroy yourself every time desire is triggered
Profound!

Blessings!
Old 06-10-2019, 05:58 PM
Master
Quote:
I have been in this massive spiritual awakening since 7 years ago.

My biggest struggle has been with consistency. Basically my journey has been to live a life aligned with who I truly am, and in certain areas like work I have achieved that consistently (I now have a successful business), but in others I struggle and it impacts everything.

That is true with relationships. I am happy on my own, doing my thing, but then I meet someone, ignore the red flags and my intuition, get involved with them, it crashes and burns and it impacts everything: I lose motivation to work, I lose motivation to work out and gain weight, etc.

I just want to be able to be rock hard in my vibration and journey that I have no space for things and people that are not aligned and even if they impact my life, it's not in a have to rebuild myself again kinda way.

My weight is basically what shows this the most. I am alone and I get into a normal weight, exercise regularly, etc. As soon as I have someone draining my energy and getting down, I stop exercising, gain weight, etc, it's always going up and down.

Do you know what I mean here? Or are these just trials and challenges for me to raise further and get to that point of being like a tree, that shakes but doesn't break?
Thank you!
CLASSIC SITUATION!
(Nothing to be afraid of but expected)

When a person makes huge changes, we can expect that the person you are with, will not change.
Hence, you get a new partner: one that resonates with the new you.

Expect this pattern to continue till you stop making changes. Good luck.

P.S. Are you a Leo?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 07-10-2019, 09:50 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
CLASSIC SITUATION!
(Nothing to be afraid of but expected)

When a person makes huge changes, we can expect that the person you are with, will not change.
Hence, you get a new partner: one that resonates with the new you.

Expect this pattern to continue till you stop making changes. Good luck.

P.S. Are you a Leo?

That makes sense and does not. lol

It makes sense if you grow and evolve and the other person doesn't, you are not a match anymore and the relationship ends, and you get a new partner who is a match.

But, we are never going to stop making changes, because that's a part of life.

So, it is possible to get a partner who is also committed to growth and we can both grow together in the relationship and continue being a match?

I'm not a Leo, I'm a Libra.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:14 PM
Master

consistency in spiritual ascension

Consistency and continuity in spiritual efforts is key to higher insights . Gaining control over your thoughts / instincts are key to it .

Indeed need for companion is real . It also helps one in spiritual ascension (that's why the weddings have all those spiritual beings perform all rituals) . So do persist in the finding a right match for it . However somebody taking the advantage of your loneliness is not right .

One is never alone if one realizes that the God resides in him/her . Whatever one does , in-dwelling God is witness to it and he enlightens & leads one to right path (in the process u may get right partner). With this heart felt association of God ,power of evil /worldly attractions/distractions naturally evaporates . Though there is no difference between God and oneself , one must remember that the one is like small particles / drops of tides in ocean and God is like big ocean made of all particles of water . If one make God the partner to his/her life in such a way all fears / traumas of loneliness never pesters oneself.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:19 PM
Master

consistency in spiritual ascension

Consistency and continuity in spiritual efforts is key to higher insights . Gaining control over your thoughts / instincts are key to it .

Indeed need for companion is real . It also helps one in spiritual ascension (that's why the weddings have all those spiritual beings perform all rituals) . So do persist in the finding a right match for it . However somebody taking the advantage of your loneliness is not right .

One is never alone if one realizes that the God resides in him/her . Whatever one does , in-dwelling God is witness to it and he enlightens & leads one to right path (in the process u may get right partner). With this wroThough there is no difference between God and oneself , one must remember that the one is like small particles / drops of tides in ocean and God is like big ocean made of all particles of water . If one make God the partner to his/her life in such a way all fears / traumas of loneliness never pesters oneself.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Well for starters I couldn't care less about the "new age movement". I know very well what I have been through and it's not my imagination.

I have been in a journey of empowerment and stepping into my true self. I'm not special or an average person. I'm just a normal soul with a specific life purpose.

We are ALL in an ascension process in this planet, the difference is some are aware of it, some are not.

My business didn't give me a sense of "grandeur", it just showed me how much I can achieve when I am true to myself and stand in my power.

It was easy to do that in my business, not so in my personal relationships. I think it's more due to certain patterns of behaviour.

I only feel the need to have a romantic partner when I am feeling vulnerable and lonely for some reason, otherwise I am happy living my life. And instead of going within and address why I am feeling vulnerable and lonely, I go to the external world trying to find someone to lean on.

And then from that energy of weakness and loneliness I end up attracting all sorts of abusive people and predators that try to manipulate and take advantage of me feeling that way.

My last relationship was a clear example of that. Even after we broke up, he was still sending messages emphasising how lonely and vulnerable I am and how much I need him! That was a BIG eye opener for me.

I feel like I need to address what is not right in my life that makes me feel like that, and create the happy life I want.

I am soon moving back to my country, after living in a very cold and dark north country for several years. I love the beach and warm weather and have been depressed living here.

I'm starting to understand that I need to feel empowered and abundant and joyful and then try to find a partner from THAT energy instead.

So...Olhos de...hello there & so sorry for your troubles.

What I see is this:

You are becoming more discerning. Look at the above text...you have clearly identified your own problems.

AND you have clearly identified the source...YOU

So long as you are in a place of need and lack and loneliness, the odds of attracting a predator are very, very high. Because they resonate with this energy. It is easy for them to manipulate others who give away their power and who seek affirmation of their worth from others.

Predators are so normative and so commonplace in our time that they will approach all (but particularly those who are not attached) if they are allowed, and they will attempt to manipulate or coerce or deceive others into occupying a space of weakness and co-dependence. Such that they can operate in a predatory way toward others with as much cooperation as possible from you. If you simply immediately desist in engaging and walk away, they are forced to look elsewhere for prey.

So it is important that you are resilient and strong and centred, so that you can recognise this approach and this persona, and walk away.

You then come to the right conclusion but for the wrong reason IMO. You need to be empowered and abundant and joyful for yourself and for your own sake. Full stop. And not, to do A) in order to B) then try to find a partner from a better place. If you are doing the work on yourself for yourself, full stop, it is far more likely to stick. If you are doing the work ultimately to get a partner who is at least not so demanding or manipulative, then you are IMO entirely off the mark. What if you cannot find someone who even treats you with honour and dignity, respecting you equally? Would it be enough if he requires sex to interact with you but doesn't really engage emotionally, so long as he is not as controlling or demanding as those you've been with? How will you define that boundary if you don't really know where it lies and what it looks like, and if you continue to engage sexually with men who expect or require sex as a condition for spending time and getting to know you, and who thus demonstrably appear lack the capacity for authentic love of another?

Now...I realise this is the cultural norm in the West and that this behaviour is by far the behaviour of the vast majority of gents (i.e., requiring sex as a condition for maybe getting to know you personally). Now...let that sink in. How likely is it that you will get much more than thoroughly used from the vast majority of "partner" relationships? Very likely indeed. In fact, it requires the strongest and bravest among us to even begin to sort through the massive heap of predatory/borderline human detritus you describe in search of something approaching a sincere, authentic love for one another simply as people and as beloved friends, full stop...and only then perhaps also as beloved partners. So...does focus on a "partner" who primarily sees you as a source of easy sex and casual affection -- and who (if shagging you as a requirement for getting better acquainted) very likely does NOT by any stretch at all intend, grasp, or understand what you mean by a "partner" -- does this sound like the right approach or way to go about your journey of self-empowerment and love?

I know initially it may sound disappointing, but our reality today is what it is...and accepting that is in fact hugely liberating to give yourself permission just to be who you are, as you are, full stop. Given our reality in modern society...do you want to spend your spare time slogging through this lifetime whilst forever trying to bring your sexual partners to a more evolved place, to forever try to "teach by example" (LOL), being a de facto emotional parent to your "partner", giving till you're spent as you've been doing, and forever pimping yourself out to (it's most men, let's be honest) who expect your sex as a condition of simply spending time with you as a human being? LOL...jesus it's exhausting, coarse, and degrading to even put it on paper You begin to see what a sucking black hole of relentless turmoil, need, and desperation most "partners" are when they are in fact just a [demanding yet stunted and utilitarian] sexual partner. Snooze... Until and unless they love you authentically, can truly be there for you, and truly have anything at all of real value to offer to a REAL partner ;) But IMO don't focus on that and don't hold your breath trying to find the needle of decency in the haystack of rot...as all of this is misdirection of resources and energy on YOUR own journey of discovery and growth.

On the other hand...think of who and what you could do and be without having to put this focus on your radar in any way, shape, or form...and just cultivate relationships with both yourself and others in your life who WILL get to know and love you as you are, without requiring sex or emotional servitude or other justifications of your right to exist . IMO you would be well served to entirely put partner relationships aside and focus on yourself for the near future. You deserve all the love and focus and support which you have given thanklessly to others over the years. When you are centred and resilient, you'll realise that the vast majority of those who seek to be in sexual partner relationships have very little to offer you. Until and unless they offer you an authentic love which seeks your highest good equally to theirs And does not demand or require sex and one-sided emotional support etc., as a condition of "getting to know you".

Peace & blessings and much love & light
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 07-10-2019, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Consistency and continuity in spiritual efforts is key to higher insights.
Gaining control over your thoughts / instincts are key to it .
One is never alone if one realizes that the God resides in him/her. Whatever one does, in-dwelling God is
witness to it and he enlightens &
leads one to right path (in the process u may get right partner).
With this heart felt association of God, power of evil /worldly attractions/distractions naturally evaporates.
Gee, you saved me so much time.
Added: Seek the Kingdom of Heaven first and all else will come.
Care about nothing else for 2 solid weeks of Thought Control.
Watch...2 weeks and you will see.
When a thought takes you to a neg place...quickly get rid of it...it's a practice that you will acquire.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru