Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 18-10-2019, 03:02 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
What I do is different than an empowerment.

The results are different as is the means. What I do is not believed possible in Buddhism.

If you would like to understand the difference please feel free to ask, or read the myriad of posts here or on my site for a better understanding.

Yes so the posts affirm my comments..

And I was right from the beginning, and as I said at the beginning of this conversation, no I’m not interested in the self promotion and advertising - for you or your internet guru,

Lost my other post and couldn’t be bothered rewriting
Old 18-10-2019, 06:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Very, very cool sky.

Does the surge come from any particular location? Also, does it go up or down to any particular areas of the body or does it change depending on the form?

It comes from the Earth-Yin and rises upwards to Heaven-Yang, through the whole of your body.
In Tai Chi it's felt in particular areas.
Old 18-10-2019, 07:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
I agree with this very much. I experienced very little emotion from within the heart centre for much of the last few years (the heart centre is more often the source of the experience of bliss IMO), and yet, I still experienced equanimity, sublime joy, authentic love, and related "emotions" in very deep and profound ways which differ in some experiential ways from the way in which we "normally" experience emotion.

I'm not too sure what the heart centre is, but I'm assuming it is a sensation in the chest area. I agree that can feel as if it is open and pure love bubbles up, but i wouldn't give too much importance to it and would regard it as 'just sensation'. Granted it is pleasurable and noble, but if it is, it 'just is'.

If on the other hand the heart is heavy and dense in feel, I wouldn't be concerned. I wouldn't make any sensation an important concern, or if I did I'd be aware of that egocentricity and its fundamental fallacy.

Quote:
How is that even possible?, some may say. And yet it is. There are multiple ways to experience life and that includes authentic love, sublime joy (which some also call bliss), and so forth. I will go much further and say that the commitment to practice in right alignment not only provided purpose, clarity, stability, and profound serenity, but that ultimately it greatly aided my heart centre healing and improved my wellbeing and thus my quality of life. And yet, even if none of those things had happened "yet", the resonance of living in right alignment with centre (the sublime joy of being, or ananda) whilst walking one's path is so profound and compelling is truly its own reward.

From my perspective, if one experiences life with bliss that fine, and if another doesn't experience it as such, equally fine. Just be aware of 'what it's like' for you.

Quote:
BTW very on-point discussion on some key items over the last several pages.
(I have re-read back over the last half dozen pages so apologise for what may have been mentioned earlier as I have not re-read those and it's been some time.)

I also would say, as Janie, Gem, and others have noted from various, that the core of the teachings is not about the attainment(s) but about the practice. The journey rather than the destination.

I'm really saying it is about the truth as you experience it - not as someone else does.

Quote:
Attainment(s) are the fruit but the practice is the cycle of sowing and reaping with awareness and right-alignment. And I resonate with the right-aligned desire Sky, Jonesboy, and JL noted, such as the desire to be of service, and also the desire for wisdom and illumination, via study of the great teachings, and obtaining transmissions and oral instruction, and so forth, in turn to better be of service.

From my perspective, to be free of want is to not want anything from anyone, and that's the essence of kindness. I mean, you see what happens when a teacher wants something from their students - ethics goes belly up. If your teacher wants nothing, they are OK for refuge.

Quote:
ld say those major works of the Heart and Diamond Sutra can be understood most simply as there is nothing but the ground of being (lovingkindness) and there is nothing but this moment (equanimity). That is collapsing an awful lot, granted. But lovingkindness centred in equanimity is the being and doing. That is the heart of the practice, that and being present to our being and doing (including mindfulness, sitting, and meditation).

All that we feel or experience or that arises as a result of our practice simply is -- in right alignment and dedicated to the highest good of all -- and that is all

Peace & blessings
7L

I like to say that self-awareness is the greatest service to others.
Old 18-10-2019, 07:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Gem,

I am quoting from various Buddhist traditions including Theravada.

What lineage are you speaking from?

I'm not quoting anything, but I try to stick with the basic fundamentals of Buddhist meditation, which is mindfulness.

When I say Buddhist, I mean 'Buddhist' in the universal sense - not the sectarian sense - indeed sectarianism and dhamma cannot go together as Dhamma is universal.

I understand the discourse is the production of knowledge, but I don't care if we know what Buddha said or another teacher said, or do not know it. I'm just bringing attention to the immediacy of knowing 'this is what it's like'. It's not an advanced practice. You just notice.
Old 18-10-2019, 01:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Yes so the posts affirm my comments..

And I was right from the beginning, and as I said at the beginning of this conversation, no I’m not interested in the self promotion and advertising - for you or your internet guru,

Lost my other post and couldn’t be bothered rewriting

You are the only one bringing up me working with others, my tradition, my guru.

You accuse me of something and I responded with links for you to educate yourself.

I am here to talk Buddhism. Please try to keep it on topic.
Old 18-10-2019, 01:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
It comes from the Earth-Yin and rises upwards to Heaven-Yang, through the whole of your body.
In Tai Chi it's felt in particular areas.

Not familiar with Earth-Yin or Heaven-Yang as terms but it sounds like you are not directing the energy but just allowing the forms to move the energy on their own.

Doing it that way is not easy and I have a lot of respect for you for being able to achieve that.
Old 18-10-2019, 01:50 PM
Master

Buddham saranam gachami
Dammam saranam gachami
Sangam saranam gachami

What’s the difference in essence?
These are just forms.

Yet human beings incarnated in the physical are much more inclined, and it is much easier to approach the formless in-and-through form.

Therefore even though Buddhism may seem in many ways to prefer the formless,
it was almost inevitable that the followers of Buddhist Teaching would see the physical embodiment of them - the Buddha - effectively, as God.

~ J
Old 18-10-2019, 01:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I'm not quoting anything, but I try to stick with the basic fundamentals of Buddhist meditation, which is mindfulness.

When I say Buddhist, I mean 'Buddhist' in the universal sense - not the sectarian sense - indeed sectarianism and dhamma cannot go together as Dhamma is universal.

I understand the discourse is the production of knowledge, but I don't care if we know what Buddha said or another teacher said, or do not know it. I'm just bringing attention to the immediacy of knowing 'this is what it's like'. It's not an advanced practice. You just notice.

So, you are making it up?

All of Buddhism flows from the traditions as it was setup by the Buddha and the Buddha's that have followed him.

You are calling your view of mindfulness as universal Dhamma which is not a complete view.
Old 19-10-2019, 09:56 AM
Master
Quote:
So, you are making it up?

All of Buddhism flows from the traditions as it was setup by the Buddha and the Buddha's that have followed him.

You are calling your view of mindfulness as universal Dhamma which is not a complete view.

I'm really only saying to be aware of the truth as you experience it, but there may not be anything 'special' in that - or there might be - depending on the individual. The meditation itself wouldn't change because meditation is regardless of the experience different individuals have.
Old 19-10-2019, 01:41 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I'm really only saying to be aware of the truth as you experience it, but there may not be anything 'special' in that - or there might be - depending on the individual.

We experience energy { nutrition } being fed to us from our mothers blood via the umbilical chord.

Then were born out ---via contraction/convergence--- and experience our first IN-spiration{ convergent } and EX{ out}-spiration { divergent }

Then, if lucky, we experience our mothers milk { nutrition } via suckling and she { mother } experiences........@**@.....

Then we{ infant } experiences sleep, sleep and more sleep

Structurally tuned-IN-ward /\ -- matter = 2 gravitees and 1 dark energy--

Systemically tuned-OUT-ward Y ----photon = 2 gravitees and 1 Dark Energy---

What does it mean to kill the buddha if you meet him on the road?
...reality IN --><-- OUT <---> and around (orbit), rules over illusion and perfection.....

https://www.learnreligions.com/kill-the-buddha-449940

..."The Four Great Bodhisattvia Vows;
.......I vow to free them.
........I vow to transform them.
...... I vow to perceive it.
......I vow to embody it."...

.................Space( Time *) i (* Time )Space............................

1} Space --metaphysical-3 and 4 .....( )( ).....
...convergent- divergent.....

2} Time ----physical/energy/frequency aka ----/\/\/---->
.......arrow-of-time is entropic i.e we cannot return to the womb...

3} metaphysical-1 mind.intellect/concepts i ---ego,

4} bilateral biologics/souls

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman