Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 02-04-2018, 02:25 PM
Knower

opposite personalities

People talk in generalizations so much it makes me curious as to how does one explain the exceptions, the examples that seem to be the opposite of what one would expect?
Does anyone know Cancers or Pisces who aren't sweet but come across as mean and snotty? Or cold hearted Leos? Or nonverbal dense Geminis? you get the idea, do you know anyone like that?
Old 03-04-2018, 04:10 AM
Master
I dated a cancer who was good at coming across sweet but was actually manipulative and abusive underneath. my father is a cold, unfaithful pisces. I'm an Aries and I'm the furthest thing from a natural leader. follower through and through. so yes, absolutely. there are a lot more influences to a person than just their sun sign.
Old 04-04-2018, 04:08 AM
Master
I think there is sometimes a lot of false pride with sun signs or people just get high about themselves with their sun signs. It does not quite work like that in real life.
I don't want to get complacent but I don't like to be too sure either. So instead I just look at the element and the modality of the sign and it could itself say a lot. I would look at sun signs, take what feels right from it about a person and leave the rest. There might be similar lessons from sun signs , because each sign has it's purpose. I think though an average person is likely to want self validation, instead of being honest, and there is lots of judgements. So I wouldn't solely just depend on it.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:09 AM
Master
Even though there are a lot of varieties among people from 1 sun sign, because of the houses and planets etc etc., you can still rely on the general tendencies.

How does one explain the exceptions...
One thing that brings variety is that people are somewhere in between the immature, dark side and the empowered side of their Sun sign. And the differences between an empowered Sun sign and not empowered one are huge!

Another thing is that specifics are ruled by another sign, like Mercury telling you how a person deals with communication, Venus for love/romance/sex etc etc.
Then there are the Houses, the Rising & Descending sign, Chiron and so on and so forth which all add different spices to a Sun sign's soup. All these will change the flavour from one Virgo/Leo/Libra/Scorpio/.../.../ to the next.
Yet when it comes to the crunch, they are all still Virgo/Leo/Libra/Scorpio/.../.../

I feel you can tell best when someone is in distress, off-kilter, out of whack.
I am not a typical Taurus, but when I'm truly hurt and thus insecure and wobbling, I suddenly do react like a typical Taurus. So in that sense, when the chit hits the fan, the sun sign seems to rule over the other aspects? Or... maybe even that has to do with other aspects. Maybe because my Mars is in Taurus too.

I'm not an astrologer, but I've found astrology to be 100% correct, but you have to look at the entire picture of course -which is part of astrology.
When you have your horoscope drawn by an astrologer (not a computer generated one), it's shockingly spot on. An astrologer can tell you all the ins and outs about you. They can tell you more about you than you were consciously aware of, and can tell things you prefer to keep hidden, lol. It's almost freaky.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:04 PM
Master
We find greater similarities also with people not from our signs or sign that have also have traits that conflict our own. We often also draw greater similarities with those we might not be typically compatible with. And we might also find many differences with those who are of our own sign or those who are generally compatible to us, if we do not exactly go by the books. We don't all get along similarly because there is no written rule about it, being narrowed down to a sun sign only, and isolating sun sign for personality analysis, not astrology in general. A good astrologer can be very accurate. Personality analysis wouldn't solely depend on an isolated sun sign.
To be very fair and honest, not a single person I have intimately interacted with was exactly like their sun sign portrayed. Except the modality, fixed , mutable or cardinal, that would explain their energy and their approach sometimes, otherwise exactly like their sun no. sometimes its more simpler or more complex than that. Something yes, some traits few and far in between, everything no. People are more complex or more simpler than their sun signs says.
Even from opposing signs, and certain signs that I tend to attract towards me, no they are not all same. Each of them are very different people with very different choices made about their lives. If I have to draw differences amongst them , there will be many not fit to their signs.
I have had taurus friends, and they weren't all exactly like me. Yes there are similarities, but there are also many similarities/ tendencies we share with those who are sometimes polar opposites of us. Sometime we are very similar to people who we also find conflicts with. There are stereotypes. When I go through sun signs , sometimes I also feel like I have traits of other signs, that are not typical to my zodiac sign. It's what we end up believing about ourselves or about others at times. A zodiac sign is not enough always.

I think its very possible that traits of zodiac signs can quite overlap with each other.
I don't narrow a person exactly to their sun sign, I wouldn't narrow myself exactly to my own sun sign unless it comes up and I think I will be forced to say yes I am like that. When that might be an outstanding trait typical of my sign.
If we are talking of astrology, we cannot just solely isolate the sun in sign for personality analysis. It might be expressed in many different ways.
A friend who is water sign has excess fire in her charts. According to typical analysis, she should be intense, which she is on the outside. But with close interactions, she is quiet, refined and very grounded. Not someone who will be in the action mode typically or act on impulse. That is however the idea that people would get about her. That's not entirely true, because she also has strong earth also in her chart. So it cannot be narrowed to her sun sign traits, her water sun, water moon and fire ascendant. She also has grand trines I think of earth that makes her grounded, or she would be on the edge with the emotions. Now some one without those earth grand trines maybe, would have a lot of difficulty with their emotions and would be more reactive.
There is a higher octave and lower octave of emotions, people sometimes react more in fear, that would mean the dark side of their traits and sometimes they might be lighter , it would mean the more optimistic side of their traits. Why do people become murderers ? I am sure it cannot be narrowed to a sun sign , because we don't keep a track of how many people throughout the birth of astrology have committed crimes. I am sure they come from everywhere. And also I think there are other aspects that would quite explain that, that requires serious study of things of that nature.

You cannot then just then look at a sun sign during deeper analysis and say, oh yeah makes sense, their sign is 'known' for it. There might be something more than just a typical trait that the sign is 'known' for. It requires more study than looking at the sun sign in those cases then. Isolating sun sign for personality analysis wont make much sense there. Because their sun sign might have also said many things in general, that they also didn't turn out to be

Sometimes little things in a chart can make a huge difference in the personality of a person. We are all very different. It how we chose to look at it, whether we narrow down to sun sign traits ( in general ), and come back to it over and over again for reference. It can get quite boring that way for a serious astrologer. Or we look at many different things in the chart, and the sign were the sun falls at becomes one of the things perfectly fit with the rest of the chart.

I wouldn't narrow much to a sun sign only. Like oh yeah he is a cancer or he is libra , so he must be like that. It can be vague and too generalized that way. That's just what I believe and have observed and it works for me. I like to keep an open mind here, because well people can often surprise us, and are more complex than we like to believe.
I feel only a zodiac sign is not enough for personality analysis or in depth astrological analysis of a person .
Old 05-04-2018, 12:17 AM
Master
I don't keep track of people's zodiac signs but i feel a person's behavior is more likely to be influenced by their environment and upbringing, more so then their zodiac sign.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I don't keep track of people's zodiac signs but i feel a person's behavior is more likely to be influenced by their environment and upbringing, more so then their zodiac sign.
I'm a libra doesn't mean much to me tho but companionship horoscopes are fun to read.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:41 AM
Master
Disclaimer: i am not good with what signs are supposed to represent but I wanted to answer your question
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritofZoe
Does anyone know Cancers or Pisces who aren't sweet but come across as mean and snotty? Or cold hearted Leos? Or nonverbal dense Geminis? you get the idea, do you know anyone like that?

yes I know all of these. Mean and snotty cancers and pisces
Cold hearted psychopathic leos
Dense Geminis which make me question why they brag about being a gemini and I wonder why stupidity is allowed to abound in the universe in such a tormenting way everytime they draw a conclusion.
Old 07-04-2018, 05:21 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar-n-Spice
Disclaimer: i am not good with what signs are supposed to represent but I wanted to answer your question

yes I know all of these. Mean and snotty cancers and pisces
Cold hearted psychopathic leos
Dense Geminis which make me question why they brag about being a gemini and I wonder why stupidity is allowed to abound in the universe in such a tormenting way everytime they draw a conclusion.

ha ha ha

there's been some good discussion here, thoughtful and entertaining. True that it's more than just your sun sign, definitely.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:42 PM
Master
If zodiac signs are real then shouldn't it apply to all living things? Plants and animals alike. It wouldn't make sense if it only had an effect on human beings.

Do cats born under the cancer sign show more affection? Are scorpio dogs more distrusting of their owners? Are we more likely to be bit by an aries snake?