Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 14-05-2018, 05:40 AM
Master
The Journey

It's been 10 months since I met my twin and I have grown so much... I have come to realize how excessively ego driven my relationship habits were and one by one I have to dig deep to overcome that internal hurdle that feels the need to be correct and feel validated in these little games couples play to assert dominance.

There is no dominance in this relationship. There is no enabling. Neither one of us has the power to change the other, nor do we try. He is the mirror into all the damage within myself and I to him. Time and time again we struggle and time and time again we overcome, persever and continue to choose eachother. The ultimate hurdle will be opening up fully to one another as our biggest fear is being vulnerable. Unfortunately the tools he uses to protect himself end up causing me to put up walls to protect myself. A cycle that has nearly ended our relationship more than once.

But there is no replacement for what we've found in eachother... And that gravity between us just keeps us tearing down eachothers walls.

It's an adventure... Hopefully one that lasts.
Old 16-05-2018, 01:20 PM
Seeker
I am so happy for you that you have met your twin. What you describe sounds very familiar to me. I have met my twin 2,5 years ago and he is also my mirror.
I think it is a process we have to go through, we are learning from each other at the same time. It's all about healing and growing.
It's a path we agreed to take, it's not easy, but so worth it.
Old 20-05-2018, 02:53 PM
Master
Thank you
Old 20-05-2018, 05:08 PM
Master

no wonder i havnt seen you in so long.

Great news tht you've discovered your inner journey that forces us to face old habits. Bring in the catalyst! Helping us realize ourselves. How we had been perceiving ourselves, others and relationships. The control struggle in trying to change someone is such a huge clue of non-acceptance of self. In denial that they really are, deep down, not the one in true alignment with who we are at the core soul level and so trying to force change or make them grow into the flower we want to hold is major denial of non-acceptance. We are angry. And someone shows us, its us, we are the creator of our reality. We project from perceptions. If we could only see ourseleves in the highest vision of the best version we'd like to be. Go for it, aim for it and achieve it and all else that is in alignment and meant to be will naturally appear without force or attempts to change the outside reality.

they show up then :)
Old 20-05-2018, 05:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 002 Cents
It's been 10 months since I met my twin and I have grown so much... I have come to realize how excessively ego driven my relationship habits were and one by one I have to dig deep to overcome that internal hurdle that feels the need to be correct and feel validated in these little games couples play to assert dominance.

There is no dominance in this relationship. There is no enabling. Neither one of us has the power to change the other, nor do we try. He is the mirror into all the damage within myself and I to him. Time and time again we struggle and time and time again we overcome, persever and continue to choose eachother. The ultimate hurdle will be opening up fully to one another as our biggest fear is being vulnerable. Unfortunately the tools he uses to protect himself end up causing me to put up walls to protect myself. A cycle that has nearly ended our relationship more than once.

But there is no replacement for what we've found in eachother... And that gravity between us just keeps us tearing down eachothers walls.

It's an adventure... Hopefully one that lasts.

Good for you! It's all about growth and evolution (not always easy) and you seem to be right on the money. *Big Hugs*

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 28-05-2018, 04:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inika
no wonder i havnt seen you in so long.

Great news tht you've discovered your inner journey that forces us to face old habits. Bring in the catalyst! Helping us realize ourselves. How we had been perceiving ourselves, others and relationships. The control struggle in trying to change someone is such a huge clue of non-acceptance of self. In denial that they really are, deep down, not the one in true alignment with who we are at the core soul level and so trying to force change or make them grow into the flower we want to hold is major denial of non-acceptance. We are angry. And someone shows us, its us, we are the creator of our reality. We project from perceptions. If we could only see ourseleves in the highest vision of the best version we'd like to be. Go for it, aim for it and achieve it and all else that is in alignment and meant to be will naturally appear without force or attempts to change the outside reality.

they show up then :)

... Thank you. Hope all is well with you and yours.
Old 28-05-2018, 04:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi
Good for you! It's all about growth and evolution (not always easy) and you seem to be right on the money. *Big Hugs*

Zadi!

Long time no see. Thanks!
Old 29-05-2018, 02:19 PM
Master
Hello 002 and nice to hear from you
I'm so glad you're doing well.

I was struck by this bit...

Quote:
The ultimate hurdle will be opening up fully to one another as our biggest fear is being vulnerable. Unfortunately the tools he uses to protect himself end up causing me to put up walls to protect myself. A cycle that has nearly ended our relationship more than once.

I think that is such a universal fear, for at least 50% to 100% of humanity. I know many say fear of being alone is a major fear...but I somehow think it all gets back to being afraid to sit with yourself openly. And that maybe it's really all the same fear of being vulnerable and open.

I personally don't think there's really any shortcuts here. It's about showing up, being present and engaged, and bringing kindness into the love we are and the love we share. So often, there's an awful lot of cruelty, apathy, resentment, anger, and/or general manifest unkindness in the love we are and the love we share. Which is not going to take anyone forward to anywhere.

Really, IMO, it's all down to simple kindness and acceptance, which moves us forward and allows the heart to heal and to expand. I just wanted to comment on that and good on you for moving forward through all this on your journey with awareness and lovingkindness

Peace & blessing
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke