Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 02-12-2015, 04:09 PM
Deactivated Account

Shrek: The poses lower to the ground are the most difficult. Arching my back has been hard too.Head stands are actually very easy. I am still intermediate.

Eud: I use to think it was magic and impossible, the truth is, Its all mental. ANYONE can do it ( within reasonable means) if you set your mind to it. This is what I love most about this particular type of Yoga, your challenging your mind and your building a trust with your body. Lots of fear facing. Most importantly,this practice is not limited to good looking young people, ya know? Which unfortunately, you will see a lot of in the media. I admire seeing the older folks over the age of 80 practice. I am a 30 something mom, has't stopped me. I got a lot to look forward to when I get older. ;)

Remember, the only person that holds us back is ourselves. Of course, consult with a physician before any physical activity. This type of yoga may not work for all.

P.S. the man in the green could be a fake, I just thought it was cute lol..

Old 16-04-2019, 01:00 PM
Deactivated Account

Do we have any new fans? : D

Found this old thread I made almost 4 years ago. I took a break from Yoga because 'Life' happened and there were many changes including weight gain but I am BACK at it. I am much older but physically stronger and healthier than when I started. Still I am on a healing and strengthening process & working on getting into a good practice/routine.

This pose ( THE CROW) is really great if your active in running or cycling. The start out pose really stretches the inner quads & help expands the muscles in the hip area. Great strength for arm toning once your up balancing yourself .. I am giving love to the Crow pose because It's the pose that got me back into the game. I was stretching & doing crow poses the other night and I inadvertently lifted myself up. I realized I was doing Yoga ( the Crow) lol, The subconscious never forgets ;) I realized how much I missed doing Ashtanga. So here is my return post 2019 and hopefully I can share articles/sources when I come across them.

Beginner Crow

Advanced ( I cant do this..yet! but I admire her pose)

Old 16-04-2019, 01:48 PM
Master
Great, Clover! You're such a crow...

Thanks for the pictures on how to start with that beginner crow. I can do it.. although I lose my balance..
Old 17-04-2019, 02:20 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Great, Clover! You're such a crow...

Thanks for the pictures on how to start with that beginner crow. I can do it.. although I lose my balance..

Haha. Crows are cool. Well, that's great you enjoy Yoga. Do you practice at home or the outdoors? I mostly do indoors. For me, unless my arms are toned and I am at a certain weight, It is very challenging to do a lot of these poses. So of course, health is very important ( and reflective of our state) especially with this type of Yoga.

Speaking of Crows. I saw quite a few on my trail run yesterday (pic below). They are quite the sight. Assuming its a crow and not a raven ( LOL).

Crow Power Animal

Old 17-04-2019, 04:47 PM
Master
I find them very funny.. especially a random crow sitting somewhere just crowing.. LOL..

I do yoga with a group once a week, and every day at home..
Fitness too and the benefits go both ways.. can recommend!
Old 30-04-2019, 07:35 PM
Master
Congrats on being back to yoga.

Couldn't do the crow pose. Also have a hard time with the cow face pose. I do yoga classes about twice a month. After my training. I find it to be a great cool down and an excellent way to stretch your body after training.
Old 01-05-2019, 07:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Also have a hard time with the cow face pose.
I love that asana..!
Maybe you could use a sock to get your hands closer together?

Old 04-05-2019, 07:13 PM
Ascender
Ashtanga is fire. Fell in love with it when I was 19 following Beryl Bender Birch.

Laruga is amazing. Have you seen her in the My Dharma series? https://youtu.be/wKHMi_Dqtw8

My absolute favorite is Deepika Mehta
https://youtu.be/Ru_iGhWqhok
Old 12-09-2020, 05:17 AM
Newbie ;)

Ashtanga” signifies “eight limb is an ancient system of self realisation