Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-12-2019, 05:35 PM
kishore kishore is offline
Knower
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 100
 
Please someone help. I am facing side effects due to coming to spiritual path.

I am really facing rough time due to spiritual awakening and persistent practice of astral projection. Through a book i came to know that there is something like astral projection by doing which we can stop our suffering and improve our health and all but in the process of doing so i am facing a lot of side effects like losing interest in material and practical life, i dont have any passion to do any practical things, don't know how to cope with the people how don't have this experience. Please give some suggestion if any of enlightened person or awakened person has solution for this. In what profession awakened people fit into, please clarify me.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-12-2019, 05:47 PM
Pastthemirror Pastthemirror is offline
Knower
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 170
  Pastthemirror's Avatar
Perhaps try “mundaneing” after practice. Simply try to focus on completely mundane, even boring, things, like what you plan to have for dinner, whether you’re low on loo roll, etc. This can help ground you.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-12-2019, 05:54 PM
kishore kishore is offline
Knower
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 100
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastthemirror
Perhaps try “mundaneing” after practice. Simply try to focus on completely mundane, even boring, things, like what you plan to have for dinner, whether you’re low on loo roll, etc. This can help ground you.
Tried, not able to come out
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-12-2019, 09:30 PM
Lorelyen Lorelyen is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 7,583
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore
Tried, not able to come out
If you've decided you can't then there's no hope.

Might be better to decide you can and will - and do as Pastthemirror has suggested - distract yourself with things on the mundane world. Write (about anything except spiritual matters), play music, watch comedy TV, take up a craft, dance, read between the time you go to bed and sleep so you don't fall back into your negativity. And hide those spiritual books until things brighten up. Look for something good about every day on the mundane.

There's nothing worse than deciding you can't do something that you really need to do.

If you really can't then you need professional help.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-12-2019, 11:01 PM
Pastthemirror Pastthemirror is offline
Knower
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 170
  Pastthemirror's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore
Tried, not able to come out
It does take practice.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-12-2019, 11:22 PM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 10,749
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore
I am really facing rough time due to spiritual awakening and persistent practice of astral projection. Through a book i came to know that there is something like astral projection by doing which we can stop our suffering and improve our health and all but in the process of doing so i am facing a lot of side effects like losing interest in material and practical life, i dont have any passion to do any practical things, don't know how to cope with the people how don't have this experience. Please give some suggestion if any of enlightened person or awakened person has solution for this. In what profession awakened people fit into, please clarify me.
You could always stop the practice of Astral Projection if it is causing unwanted side effects. Certain practices on the spiritual path are not for everyone.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-12-2019, 12:02 AM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 15,420
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
1st thing I thought, also, I would stop immediately AP and buy a 4-5 pound smokey quartz to keep grounded...and hold it a lot.
But that's me. :)..I know how powerful a heavy smokey quartz is.

I would give that to someone on a psychedelic if they needed it...
or if the room was spinning cuz they drank too much.
Best wishes on this, k.
__________________
.,

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"
~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.
Better to PM me if you want me to see a post to me. I miss a lot.







Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-12-2019, 04:14 AM
kishore kishore is offline
Knower
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 100
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
You could always stop the practice of Astral Projection if it is causing unwanted side effects. Certain practices on the spiritual path are not for everyone.
I have stopped but yet it is like irreversible, means the change it done to my mind cannot be reversed
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-12-2019, 04:58 AM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 10,749
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore
I have stopped but yet it is like irreversible, means the change it done to my mind cannot be reversed
What makes you think that it cannot be reversed?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-12-2019, 05:15 PM
kishore kishore is offline
Knower
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 100
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
What makes you think that it cannot be reversed?
I mean that it changed my nature in such a way that i cannot show interest in the things i used to do like going for practical success entertainment etc, don't know why it feels so new to u when u are an experienced in spirituality, just asking nothing like judging u. I no more watch tv or play games etc after awakening and astral projection, please guide me if u can
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums