Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 09-11-2019, 07:42 AM
Master

As far as I can remember Jesus said 'be a the birds in the fields'. With this he meant that Christians don't need roofs, belongings, possessions, money, discussions, Synods, funny hats, and all the rest.

Such devotion would in my opinion be the fulfilling of the Christian belief and would mirror the whole meaning of Christianity.

Only action counts, not fine words.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:34 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade 61616
How would you people approach spirituality for no homeless?

I like Dalai Lama, he is very anti-suffering. He would disapprove of homeless.

Is it possible to join a commune? I’ve heard of commune in Shasta city, CA. I sure hope they are reliable on shelter. Shasta city is 3600 feet elevation, up north close to Oregon. Oregon is supposed to have many communes.

I don’t want to get into “politics”, I think it should be totally illegal to have any homeless people in any country. Free property at least, build a fort!

Working is very suspicious, I have never had a steady job! I have only had temporary jobs.

Where do resources come from, spiritually speaking?

Jadessssss for moniessssssss ☮️☮️☮️🏠💵🧘🏻‍♂️🔥🌲🍄

There is already a whole temple for your soul to stay and act through it, that is your body so use it to reach out to the communes suggested.

It is a great opportunity and much easier when another homeless to get in touch with their soul and real self but still most while homeless live in denial of their true selves through alcohol or drugs , reason why a great majority of persons end up homeless(all their money was spent on drugs and alcohol).
Old 09-11-2019, 09:44 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
SO TRUE!

A 'poor' person can experience more joy in life then a 'rich' person.

As the old saying goes "You can't take it with you".

This is so true and a fact as I experienced and still do around me. There is usually no satisfaction within the rich I know in regards to money, no matter how much they have, they always want more and more and more and more....and they give absolutely nothing to anybody(another reason for their wealth), it all just for themselves.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:56 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine111
This is so true and a fact as I experienced and still do around me. There is usually no satisfaction within the rich I know in regards to money, no matter how much they have, they always want more and more and more and more....and they give absolutely nothing to anybody(another reason for their wealth), it all just for themselves.

The wealthy, the powerful, the famous...

The further they pursue their ends, the more trappings of wealth, power and fame they gather, the more they are trapped in a prison of their own making.

Stone Walls do not a Prison make,
Nor Iron bars a Cage;
Minds innocent and quiet take
That for an Hermitage.
If I have freedom in my Love,
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above,
Enjoy such Liberty.
Old 09-11-2019, 08:19 PM
Master

Quote:

Perhaps an over-generalisation. It is not a question of wealth but more a question of consciousness. There are plenty of wealthy people who are selfish and just want more for themselves. But there are also plenty of wealthy people who enjoy their wealth but also use it to help those less fortunate.

I see little spiritual benefit in poverty.

Peace
Old 10-11-2019, 11:40 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Perhaps an over-generalisation. It is not a question of wealth but more a question of consciousness. There are plenty of wealthy people who are selfish and just want more for themselves. But there are also plenty of wealthy people who enjoy their wealth but also use it to help those less fortunate.

Peace

It is an over-generalization but I'm guessing for the most part it holds true. The only person I can think of who gained enormous wealth and without losing his moral compass is Chester Floyd Carlson. I'm sure there are others but I'm just not aware of their stories. It's not only about what they do with their money once they acquire it, but how they acquired it. How much of philanthropy is an attempt to assuage a guilty conscience? I'm thinking of Bill Gates as one example, because the actions of his company don't exactly jibe with his philanthropy.

I agree there's little spiritual benefit in poverty, however I'd refer to Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs. There's a point beyond fulfilling basic needs where more does not satisfy psychological needs or needs of self-fulfillment. The returns start diminishing at an accelerating rate. Money can buy a lot of things but happiness isn't one of them. It also seems to me it can have the very perverse and opposite effect of diminishing happiness.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:44 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
The wealthy, the powerful, the famous...

The further they pursue their ends, the more trappings of wealth, power and fame they gather, the more they are trapped in a prison of their own making.

Stone Walls do not a Prison make,
Nor Iron bars a Cage;
Minds innocent and quiet take
That for an Hermitage.
If I have freedom in my Love,
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above,
Enjoy such Liberty.

I really like this poem, who wrote this?.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:51 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
I really like this poem, who wrote this?.

Richard Lovelace

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poe...ea-from-prison

Here's another good one by Rudyard Kipling. My favorite poem.

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/46473/if---
Old 10-11-2019, 11:52 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat

Peace

Perhaps...perhaps... perhaps...perhaps...maybe...maybe...maybe...maybe. ..maybe

Your statement/s are based on perhaps and hypothesis, failing to read and see clearly of what
exactly and in fact and reality another person said.

Are you talking about your personal experience and the wealthy you met in person and real life or are you overgeneralising based on you what you heard from others or read in books or watch on TV?.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:55 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy

Thank you simple guy!