Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 29-11-2019, 06:19 PM
SlayerOfLight SlayerOfLight is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,683
  SlayerOfLight's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Excellent question and thoughts, though they don't make reincarnation by itself silly as a belief, but perhaps the common beliefs it is accompanied by .
What it does show though is that (1) progress isn't linear, and (2) progress along incarnations is an assumption one has to take on pure faith.

Perhaps we all do reincarnate but there's actually no 'point' to it, no progress, no plan, no nothing. It just goes on for its own sake. This is quite possible too, but I bet most people never imagined this option! The human mind is so desperate to apply teleology to everything that it ignores that much in reality is randomness. Some nice people get incurable disease at a young age, and awful people can live care-free lives for decades. With ''karma'' you can always say ''because of past life''. It's a bit like saying ''because of magic!''

I also think that the lack of past life memories in the vast majority of people is interesting..

Yeah I agree, reincarnations are pointless, just as life is. I have a hard time believing those who claim to remember their past lives, because why would they get that luxury? Because they are more advanced souls? At least, that's the excuse I often hear. The same kind of nonsense when 'God works in mysterious ways' each time prayers are left unanswered.

Just a tip here, be careful not to agree too much with me or else you might find your posts mysteriously disappearing.
__________________
People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get. There's nothing any of us can do about it. - dr. Gregory House
  #22  
Old 29-11-2019, 06:24 PM
Sunshine111 Sunshine111 is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 542
  Sunshine111's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabryel
I've been wondering about this for a long time: How can/does a person remember details of a previous life?

The answer, I believe (just my current opinion), is to be found somewhere in the nature of 'memory' itself.

If memories are only stored in the physical brain, then they are probably volatile, like computer RAM which loses its data when power is removed (as in physical death).

Therefore, there must be some form of memory which is part of the spirit or soul, which is carried forwards to the next incarnation.

The physical (local / volatile / short-term) memory is probably more detailed, because it has to store information for the current incarnation to be able to live, work, and experience the current physical life.

The deeper, long-term Soul Memory, is probably geared towards higher things such as the individuals identity, talents, interests and spiritual development.

Any specific information retained from a previous incarnation is probably because the events are emotionally imprinted on the spirit/soul and have actually become part of the pattern or identity of the spirit/soul/self.

Alternatively, as some have theorised, if memory isn't located in the brain at all, but is located somewhere in the higher realms, and the brain works like a radio receiver, then ANY brain with similar 'tuning' (likes / interests / character / personality) may be able to pick up these 'memories'.

Possibly, like with most things, the truth may be a combination of any or all (or none of) these things.

Hello Gabryel and thank you for the very interesting post.

I couldn't agree with you more in that, "the answer is to be found in the nature of memory itself" that it is also , it is my belief, closely related to.

There's what I would call, "Soul memory" that one of the ways this is expressed , it is my belief, is intuition.

In regards to the memories being stored in the brain and this subsequently the brain being like a RAM of a computer that once power is removed, it loses its data...(case of physical death).

Breath in another is this power, without any oxygen , breath, what is left behind is absolutely nothing, therefore, I believe the breath not only is closely related to another person's soul but, since without the breath, basically absolutely nothing is left, with the past life memories and experiences as well.

Upon departure or another taking their last breath, another exits the beach day and takes everythihg on a soul level, with them in the spiritual realm, all life experiences and memories.

I am not so sure about "past life memories being in the physical realm" for all cases who aren't in the physical realm but, right here on earth.

Where I personally believe that these past life memories are stored are in the subconscious and that these are part of the soul that go along with it.

Thanks for the great food for thought!
  #23  
Old 29-11-2019, 06:42 PM
SlayerOfLight SlayerOfLight is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,683
  SlayerOfLight's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Or there is the possibility that we are on Earth to experience things and learn, and knowing all our past lives would be counterproductive. A bit like sitting an exam where we are given all the answers - what would be the point?

For example, we might have difficulties with someone in the family. We could learn many things from this difficult relationship. But if we knew all our connections from past lives and who had done what to whom, then the opportunities for learning are limited.

You think that the concept of past lives, karma and reincarnation is silly. I think it is the only concept which makes any sense of our lives.

Peace

I don't think it's counterproductive at all, so let's be hypothetical for a moment. Imagine I used to be the most compassionate goody two-shoes guy in my previous life with a lot of experience and wisdom, yet here I am, a nihilistic and misanthropic jerk, stripped of everything I ever experienced and learned from other incarnations, forced to face challenges I'm not even prepared for. It's kinda comparable to dealing with amnesia right before an exam after a lot of hard work and learning. Yet the idiots behind the bigger picture (whoever they are) just expect me to succeed? Well, the joke is on them.
__________________
People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get. There's nothing any of us can do about it. - dr. Gregory House
  #24  
Old 29-11-2019, 07:08 PM
Sunshine111 Sunshine111 is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 542
  Sunshine111's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I think this is how it works; either ALL of us are allowed to remember our past lives, or there simply is no such thing as past lives and reincarnation. They say life is all about karma and learning from multiple Earthly lives. Well, if you keep forgetting everything and having to start all over again everytime you're reborn, you don't really make any progress at all, do you? This is why the whole concept of past lives and reincarnation is just silly.

Hi Slayer of Light,

My response to you is in two parts/posts and this is the first of it

The whole "concept" as it was labelled/called by you is absolutely rejected by you because YOU AND MANY OTHERS do not remember any details about any past lives you had and you did not have any past life memories or "don't remember all details of all past lives"...

But it may be the case that is how it works best for and serves you and/or for your own benefit.

Have you ever thought or consider of this?.

I really do not find this overall rejection by you , based on the reason why and excuse you found to reject what you described to be "a concept" to be open-minded or any flexibility for the consideration of an opposite to yours view to be there.

For this, I am absolutely certain you couldn't care less about.

Just because you did not have any first hand experience of this "concept" or any other "concept", it does not mean that, this "hypothesis" which in fact and reality in general is, should be discarded and thrown into the rubbish basket as silly.

If another or others now, do believe in reincarnation and past lives then, this ought to be respected by the rest who do not believe in reincarnation or the existence of any past lives "because they did not have any past life memories".

Same goes for the rest and other group who does believe in reincarnation and past lives, including my own person for those who do not believe in reincarnation and existence of past lives and past lives' memories.

Based on your post, "if everyone and all remembers their past lives" , including your own person and not even just 99% then, this will constitute proof for you that, past lives, reincarnation and past life memories exist.

Therefore, "a concept" that is not experienced by all and everyone including your own person, is non existent, had never taken place and is not taking place.

Fair enough but, do you not think it is a bit unfair , another person or any person to say to you, "you know mate, what you say does not happen because if it did happen, it would have happened to me and all as well"?.

Which comes to the question of this thread, "why do certain others remember any or some of their past lives, have past life memory, while certain others have no recollection of any past life memories, tend to forget or forget".

"Is not allowed" now, implies something that is forbidden for whatever reason.

My question to you is the following,

What are the reasons you think and believe that, if there were any past lives, everyone and all, 100% of the population of this earth, including your person would have remembered all details of your/their past lives?.

What led you to this conclusion that if this "concept" existed , you would have experienced this and would have had first hand experience of this(all details of all past lives)?.
  #25  
Old 30-11-2019, 12:23 PM
Sunshine111 Sunshine111 is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 542
  Sunshine111's Avatar
Thumbs up Original subject quoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine111
1. Why do People tend to forget and forget their past lives, having no memory or recollection of them at all?.

2. Why do some remember some of their past lives and not all of them?.

What is the explanation for both and each one of these?.

Due to the post made yesterday at 4.13 p.m by the member Altair, I quote the subject of this thread in the original post and ask whoever wants to comment to stay within the subject and respond on it in a respectful manner, without put downs, redicule, humiliation of others for their beliefs , hijacking my thread, initiating fights , arguements and different from the original subject and questions , subjects, starting along with arguements and fights, another subject within the subject.

Thanks.
  #26  
Old 30-11-2019, 12:46 PM
Sunshine111 Sunshine111 is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 542
  Sunshine111's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
They say life is all about karma and learning from multiple Earthly lives. Well, if you keep forgetting everything and having to start all over again everytime you're reborn, you don't really make any progress at all, do you? This is why the whole concept of past lives and reincarnation is just silly.

Hi Slayer of Lighter ,

So, this is the second part of my response and to this response quoted.

Who's exactly is "they" that "say life is all about karma and learning from multiple lives" that you made reference to?.

"Keep forgetting everything"....I don't believe that this is the case but, quite the opposite to this and that, the soul does remember. Just not in the conventional, expected ways such as to recall from memory details of past lives.

Therefore, I really don't believe that "another starts all over again each time they are reborn", from scratch and zero as far as life lessons from experiences from past lives , quite the opposite to this, as well.

What my belief is that, another is already born with the life lessons stored in them (their soul) that they can access automatically and intuitively when it's necessary and this essential, without the person even having to think about or try or strive for this.

I don't think anybody on this forum including my person, called the concept of "atheism" and rest beliefs you assign or do not assign to as "silly".

Why would you call any concept that you don't believe in and require impossible 100% proof of it in order to believe in it, as such and "silly"?.
  #27  
Old 30-11-2019, 01:06 PM
Sunshine111 Sunshine111 is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 542
  Sunshine111's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
I have been told that it's advanced souls that remember their past lives.

In order for this claim, which is what in reality constitutes, to be examined , those who made such a claim and another should inform first who exactly is considered "an advanced soul" and the characteristics of it that will distinguish an advanced from an advanced soul?.

What's and where's the support to this claim?.

When another does not even know how to begin and that another begins from the basic and first one mentioned, HOW ADVANCED is this?.

Each claim has a support and reasons why so, where and what are these for those who made such a claim?.
  #28  
Old 30-11-2019, 01:14 PM
Sunshine111 Sunshine111 is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 542
  Sunshine111's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
In agreement with others here , it would be quite confusing to live one life with the memory of other lives .

Especially, in the case of past traumatic experiences , events and retribution that another throughout lifetime had not processed which is contradictory to the claim that a soul after death enters healing and spends time in healing as well as working things out, even heals completely (mentally, psychologically, emotionally).
  #29  
Old 30-11-2019, 01:25 PM
Sunshine111 Sunshine111 is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 542
  Sunshine111's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Excellent question and thoughts, though they don't make reincarnation by itself silly as a belief, but perhaps the common beliefs it is accompanied by .
What it does show though is that (1) progress isn't linear, and (2) progress along incarnations is an assumption one has to take on pure faith.

Perhaps we all do reincarnate but there's actually no 'point' to it, no progress, no plan, no nothing. It just goes on for its own sake. This is quite possible too, but I bet most people never imagined this option! The human mind is so desperate to apply teleology to everything that it ignores that much in reality is randomness. Some nice people get incurable disease at a young age, and awful people can live care-free lives for decades. With ''karma'' you can always say ''because of past life''. It's a bit like saying ''because of magic!''

I also think that the lack of past life memories in the vast majority of people is interesting..

Thank you for your views on whether the concept of reincarnation is silly or not, whether there's any point and progress in reincarnation , human mind , where despair of human mind can lead as well as karma but, ABSOLUTELY NONE of these are the subject of my thread.

Please concentrate on the subject and if you are not able to comment within the subject then, please don't comment at all on this thread. Also , use the private messaging service to communicate with SlayerofLight for all the rest out of the original subject matters. Thanks.
  #30  
Old 30-11-2019, 01:35 PM
Sunshine111 Sunshine111 is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 542
  Sunshine111's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Or there is the possibility that we are on Earth to experience things and learn, and knowing all our past lives would be counterproductive. A bit like sitting an exam where we are given all the answers - what would be the point?

For example, we might have difficulties with someone in the family. We could learn many things from this difficult relationship. But if we knew all our connections from past lives and who had done what to whom, then the opportunities for learning are limited.

You think that the concept of past lives, karma and reincarnation is silly. I think it is the only concept which makes any sense of our lives.

Peace

Or, it may be the case that another picks up and chooses what to remember as you picked up and chose what questions from my thread to respond, as well as whom to remember as to whom to respond.

Therefore, as far as the subject, where I want to conclude or conclude is to selective memory.

A test implies a competition and a competition always have a winner or winners of it, something to be gained so, what exactly is this for you and how does this apply to the questions of this thread, subject of it and original post?.
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums