Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Closed Thread

Old 22-10-2019, 08:08 AM
Suspended
Forgotten lives(past)

1. Why do People tend to forget and forget their past lives, having no memory or recollection of them at all?.

2. Why do some remember some of their past lives and not all of them?.

What is the explanation for both and each one of these?.
Old 22-10-2019, 06:25 PM
Newbie ;)

Honestly, it would be traumatizing to remember. Take it from someone who remembers 7 past lives very vividly. The last thing you'd ever want is to have different people in your family or as your mom or dad over and over again, or your brother/sister... or worse, a lover. You would end up seeing them again through a series of fortunately unfortunate events... you cant even imagine the pain and the only way it would be worth it is if you ended up being famous or very successful. You might have a life where you are super rich and then you might treat your money selfishly and have to be homeless in your next life. If you feel the need to know then pray to know, and pray to remember every time. But, you might be better off keeping your head down. The only benefit is being more wise than others... its just not that fun I mean no one will ever understand you. This world really is a jungle.
Old 23-10-2019, 10:45 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo
Honestly, it would be traumatizing to remember. Take it from someone who remembers 7 past lives very vividly. The last thing you'd ever want is to have different people in your family or as your mom or dad over and over again, or your brother/sister... or worse, a lover. You would end up seeing them again through a series of fortunately unfortunate events... you cant even imagine the pain and the only way it would be worth it is if you ended up being famous or very successful. You might have a life where you are super rich and then you might treat your money selfishly and have to be homeless in your next life. If you feel the need to know then pray to know, and pray to remember every time. But, you might be better off keeping your head down. The only benefit is being more wise than others... its just not that fun I mean no one will ever understand you. This world really is a jungle.

Hi Apollo,

Yes, surely it can be traumatic to remember bad, painful events due to the negative feelings stemming from these memories but, my belief is that, another does not remember anything negative or bad unless they are ready , able and capable of dealing.

If you did remember any unfortunate, bad events then, you are able to process, deal with it and move forward, progress, better yourself.

There are so many lessons to be learned and the heart is like a muscle, the more you work on it, your feelings, the stronger it gets.

I see you as having a great opportunity to grow and learn from these unfortunate events you remembered.

However, are you talking about your past lives as Apollo, Zeus, Ra you mentioned that you had in another post or are these past lives you made a reference to that you remembered, different from these, past lives?.

Take care, all the best.
Old 22-10-2019, 06:31 PM
Master

Maybe the question is, where are memories of past lives stored?

We have personal memories which relate to past events in this incarnation. And we have deeper Soul memories which relate to all that the Soul has experienced.

The Soul takes on a new personality in each incarnation, personality being considered as the combined mental, emotional and physical bodies. This personality did not exist before we were born, so we have no personal memories of past lives.

But where there is some measure of conscious connection to the Soul, then a person may have access to some Soul memories of previous incarnations. The past lives remembered are those of particular significance. This is usually found in young children whose consciousness is not yet fully embodied in the physical, and who may have clear memories of their previous birth. As a child grows up such memories tend to fade, usually by the age of seven.

This general amnesia regarding past lives serves a purpose in allowing us to work out karmic purpose and karmic connections with others. If we knew all our past lives and if we understood all our past connections with the people in our lives then that knowledge would get in the way of our learning process.

The exceptions are those advanced humans whose connection with Soul is so developed that they do have conscious access to Soul memories of previous incarnations. Such Souls have learned the lessons of ignorance and are here to offer guidance.

Just one perspective.

Peace.
Old 23-10-2019, 11:07 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Maybe the question is, where are memories of past lives stored?

We have personal memories which relate to past events in this incarnation. And we have deeper Soul memories which relate to all that the Soul has experienced.

The Soul takes on a new personality in each incarnation, personality being considered as the combined mental, emotional and physical bodies. This personality did not exist before we were born, so we have no personal memories of past lives.

But where there is some measure of conscious connection to the Soul, then a person may have access to some Soul memories of previous incarnations. The past lives remembered are those of particular significance. This is usually found in young children whose consciousness is not yet fully embodied in the physical, and who may have clear memories of their previous birth. As a child grows up such memories tend to fade, usually by the age of seven.

This general amnesia regarding past lives serves a purpose in allowing us to work out karmic purpose and karmic connections with others. If we knew all our past lives and if we understood all our past connections with the people in our lives then that knowledge would get in the way of our learning process.

The exceptions are those advanced humans whose connection with Soul is so developed that they do have conscious access to Soul memories of previous incarnations. Such Souls have learned the lessons of ignorance and are here to offer guidance.

Just one perspective.

Peace.

Hello Iamthat,

Thank you sharing your perspective.

No, the question is not where memories are stored but, everybody can respond in whatever way they want as they understand the question about "the reasons why of the forgetfulness of previous lives", which you did.

In summary of what you wrote and in short, the reason why of the forgetfulness is a lack of connection and therefore, awareness of the soul in an individual.

Then, the lack of advancement of the specific soul even in the case of awareness of the soul in the particular individual who is aware of it.

I may agree with you on this but, I have a complete opposite to yours view and belief in regards to personality in the sense that, I really do not believe that each time we are born, we are born with "a new personality" as you said and if I understood well that is what you said.

Babies are already born with their own soul personality and character, at the stage at which the soul was left with its development, with certain characteristics, traits, qualities, flaws or not and talent.

Whatever is going to take place now as part of the raising and upbringing of that baby and child, with first and foremost, the parents or child carers and/or both, then, teachers at school is a completely different story.
Old 23-10-2019, 07:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine111
Hello Iamthat,

Thank you sharing your perspective.

No, the question is not where memories are stored but, everybody can respond in whatever way they want as they understand the question about "the reasons why of the forgetfulness of previous lives", which you did.

In summary of what you wrote and in short, the reason why of the forgetfulness is a lack of connection and therefore, awareness of the soul in an individual.

Then, the lack of advancement of the specific soul even in the case of awareness of the soul in the particular individual who is aware of it.

I may agree with you on this but, I have a complete opposite to yours view and belief in regards to personality in the sense that, I really do not believe that each time we are born, we are born with "a new personality" as you said and if I understood well that is what you said.

Babies are already born with their own soul personality and character, at the stage at which the soul was left with its development, with certain characteristics, traits, qualities, flaws or not and talent.

Whatever is going to take place now as part of the raising and upbringing of that baby and child, with first and foremost, the parents or child carers and/or both, then, teachers at school is a completely different story.

When I said that we have a new personality in each incarnation I did not mean that we are born anew as a completely blank slate. Our mental and emotional bodies will reflect our previous development, and we will have certain tendencies and predispositions accordingly. Our experiences while growing up will further shape our particular personality patterns.

But our personality identity as Joe or Sarah or whoever will be unique to this incarnation. This personality identity was not present in our previous incarnations. Consciousness was present in our past lives, but Consciousness is not the personality.

Hence the relevance of the question of where memories are stored. You originally asked "Why do People tend to forget and forget their past lives, having no memory or recollection of them at all?" It is because the average personality identity has no access to that place where such memories are stored. The personality in this incarnation can only remember events in this incarnation, unless they can somehow access the deeper memories stored in Consciousness.

Peace.
Old 23-10-2019, 09:59 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
When I said that we have a new personality in each incarnation I did not mean that we are born anew as a completely blank slate. Our mental and emotional bodies will reflect our previous development, and we will have certain tendencies and predispositions accordingly. Our experiences while growing up will further shape our particular personality patterns.

But our personality identity as Joe or Sarah or whoever will be unique to this incarnation. This personality identity was not present in our previous incarnations. Consciousness was present in our past lives, but Consciousness is not the personality.

Hence the relevance of the question of where memories are stored. You originally asked "Why do People tend to forget and forget their past lives, having no memory or recollection of them at all?" It is because the average personality identity has no access to that place where such memories are stored. The personality in this incarnation can only remember events in this incarnation, unless they can somehow access the deeper memories stored in Consciousness.

Peace.

Hi Iamthat,

So, have you accessed "the deeper memories stored in consciousness" and remembered your past lives or any of your past lives?.

I agree with what you said but one from what I understood and how I understood this.

What I understood was that, experience shape the personality patterns or personality.

For the majority, it does, and this is related to negative experiences others had or have. And, it should not.

As it was already mentioned in my previous post, I believe that, we are all born with a certain character and personality(skills, talents, qualities, abilities,weaknesses, strengths even life lessons that we obviously do not remember) and based on this belief and in general, I am in favor of others going to the essence of their hard core, who they really and truly are and not let their negative experiences control their lives, who they truly are and shape them in a bad, negative way. They should rise above this and use this experience in a positive , beneficial way based on who they truly and really are.

A minority of people are able to "shape the experience" and negative one based on who they truly and really are into something positive and beneficial for both themselves and others in society.
Old 22-10-2019, 09:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine111
1. Why do People tend to forget and forget their past lives, having no memory or recollection of them at all?.

2. Why do some remember some of their past lives and not all of them?.

What is the explanation for both and each one of these?.

Education, child rearing, social interaction hypnotize you into forgetting what you are, where are you coming from, and some of the abilities you've been born with. Our distant ancestors were more in touch with those.

Not all memories of past lives are genuine, and even the genuine ones are usually heavily distorted.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 23-10-2019, 11:16 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Education, child rearing, social interaction hypnotize you into forgetting what you are, where are you coming from, and some of the abilities you've been born with. Our distant ancestors were more in touch with those.

Not all memories of past lives are genuine, and even the genuine ones are usually heavily distorted.

Hello Inavalan,

Adding to what you said, not only another can forget what and who they are in the ways you mentioned and in the process of life but, they can also turn into what and who they are not in fact and reality.

Develop a completely different personality, even other different personalities from what and who they really are.

Thank you for sharing your view.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:35 AM
Suspended
Just bringing this forward in the hope to receive some further points of view, and obviously more than the ones already received as it is a matter that seems to occupy my time recently and is at the back of my mind, whether I like it or not.
Closed Thread