Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 16-06-2020, 05:27 PM
Seeker

Is devil real or unreal

there is an indian movie ' manichithrathazhu' (in hindi, it's 'bhool bhulaiyaa).in the movie main character is a lady named 'Ganga'. she was brought up in a village by her grandmother. She grew up hearing many fairy tales and ghost stories. when she is grown up, married and settled in township, one day, she visits her husband's ancestral house with him. that house is apparently haunted. coz many decades ago a lady named nagavalli was brought to that house as a dancer and mistress for the head of the family in that house. she had a secret lover. he had come with her secretly and stayed in a house nearby. when the head of the family came to know about that relationship, in anger he killed nagavalli. after death when her spirit started to trouble the family members,they locked her in a room through exorcism.

now our character 'Ganga' is in that house and one day she opens that locked room and sees the ornaments, other belongings nagavalli wore while dancing and the picture of nagavalli in dancing posture. As soon as she sees these, her mind recalls the story her grandmother told her about nagavalli. Thereafter, ganga starts to be affectionate to nagavalli. gradually her affection towards nagavalli grows and at a fragile moment of mind nagavalli possess her and see ganga's husband as her murderer and tries to kill him at dhuragashtami ( a hindu celebration).

Has any of you watched this movie?

What did you understand from this story?
Old 17-06-2020, 11:47 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renunciation
there is an indian movie ' manichithrathazhu' (in hindi, it's 'bhool bhulaiyaa).in the movie main character is a lady named 'Ganga'. she was brought up in a village by her grandmother. She grew up hearing many fairy tales and ghost stories. when she is grown up, married and settled in township, one day, she visits her husband's ancestral house with him. that house is apparently haunted. coz many decades ago a lady named nagavalli was brought to that house as a dancer and mistress for the head of the family in that house. she had a secret lover. he had come with her secretly and stayed in a house nearby. when the head of the family came to know about that relationship, in anger he killed nagavalli. after death when her spirit started to trouble the family members,they locked her in a room through exorcism.

now our character 'Ganga' is in that house and one day she opens that locked room and sees the ornaments, other belongings nagavalli wore while dancing and the picture of nagavalli in dancing posture. As soon as she sees these, her mind recalls the story her grandmother told her about nagavalli. Thereafter, ganga starts to be affectionate to nagavalli. gradually her affection towards nagavalli grows and at a fragile moment of mind nagavalli possess her and see ganga's husband as her murderer and tries to kill him at dhuragashtami ( a hindu celebration).

Whether or not the devil is a reality in your life is up to you. You can create the devil and you can become that devil, and you can do so without even knowing that you are doing it. Allow your passions to rule your mind, allow your anger to possess you, and you may be creating and becoming a devil.

P.S. I have not watched that movie.
Old 17-06-2020, 11:51 AM
Deactivated Account
Haven't watched he movie, but the devil is purely fictional.
Old 17-06-2020, 12:09 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Haven't watched he movie, but the devil is purely fictional.
That is one perspective, and it is not a wrong one, IMO. Yet we only need to shift our perspective a bit and we can say that everything is purely fictional, and shift it a bit again and then we can say that everything is real.

With one eye open, we can see height and width, but if we wish to see depth, we must have a second eye and it must be offset from the first in order to get the parallax needed to see in three dimensions.
Old 18-06-2020, 12:17 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
That is one perspective, and it is not a wrong one, IMO. Yet we only need to shift our perspective a bit and we can say that everything is purely fictional, and shift it a bit again and then we can say that everything is real.

With one eye open, we can see height and width, but if we wish to see depth, we must have a second eye and it must be offset from the first in order to get the parallax needed to see in three dimensions.

But in the end it all comes down to a simple ''yes or no'' answer, because something can't be real and at the same time be fake. And for me it's a definite fake, as he was made up by the early Christians that had their own agenda from Judaism where no devil is mentioned. And because he appears little to none in the many NDEs that I have read. Even in the few ones where he did, description of him differs that from a vague cartoony look to an obese horned man on a throne. Not quite credible, no?
Old 18-06-2020, 01:26 PM
Kioma

Quote:
But in the end it all comes down to a simple ''yes or no'' answer, because something can't be real and at the same time be fake. And for me it's a definite fake, as he was made up by the early Christians that had their own agenda from Judaism where no devil is mentioned. And because he appears little to none in the many NDEs that I have read. Even in the few ones where he did, description of him differs that from a vague cartoony look to an obese horned man on a throne. Not quite credible, no?
In other words, you are absolutely certain that the universe is exactly how you see it.

That's the original sin, IMO.
Old 18-06-2020, 01:41 PM
Elfin

Hi all... In my humble opinion the devil does not exist. And if he does I refuse to acknowledge him.
Old 18-06-2020, 01:49 PM
Seeker

Ok, let's make it this way, instead of devil we can use the term negative energy. How will you all accept it?
Old 18-06-2020, 03:32 PM
ketzer

Quote:
There are very few, if any, simple yes or no answers to any questions out there.

The point I am making is not only is the answer to yes/no, fake/real, a matter of perspective, but that physical reality itself may not be completely identical between two observers who otherwise largely share a common experience. In quantum mechanics for example, a particle does not have a definitive location prior to measuring it. It is not that we don't know where it is before we look for it, it is that it does not actually yet exist as a particle in a specific location. What exists is a mathematical probability distribution (the quantum wave function) of where it is likely to be seen to exist once an observation is made, and although it will almost always resolve within a particularly expected location, it could in fact materialize on the other side of the galaxy (although that probability is vanishingly small), it is said to be "non-local" prior to observation. This hints to us that reality may not exist as one thing prior to our act of observation, but rather as a superposition of all possible outcomes (albeit one or two of those outcomes take up nearly 100% of that probability). So consciousnesses plays a role in creating the next present moment reality, not just in the sense of how it interprets a preexisting objective reality, but it actually participates in creating physical reality. I would argue that it does so only for itself and for those other conscious observers who are quantum entangled with it, those who accept each others observations of the collapse of the probability distribution into a specific outcome. So the question I am posing here is whether or not we all resolve that reality in exactly the same way, or is what we all say is 'scientifically real' simply that portion of our individually created realities that we share in common. In other words, maybe that quantum entanglement between conscious observers is not complete but partial, maybe there is wiggle room between our overlapping realities.

I don't find the concept of the devil as an individual being to be a credible one just as you do not, and certainly not as depicted in mythology. Our realities share that in common. But one cannot rule out that a third party is actually resolving reality from the different possibilities in a way that does include a horned pitchfork devil. If they try to tell me all about this devil creature, my reaction is going to be no such creature exists and the devil is just a personification of the evil that exists in the hearts of men. Which may be entirely true in my reality as well as perhaps in yours, but not necessarily for another. Yes, this is probably just a matter of a belief by some in something that is not physically real for you, me, and even for them. Yet given the implications of how reality is created at the quantum level, perhaps for them it may in fact be a physical reality.

The central hypothesis here is that we all create our own universes within our own consciousnesses, it is an ongoing process of using information to construct a virtual reality that we experience. Our individual universes move through 'time' and 'space' roughly in parallel, however, they may not entirely overlap and therefore could have parts that are not shared in common. That is to say, no one single complete objective physical reality from which we are all making our observations exists. So yes, perhaps you can say fake and another can say real, and I can say you are both right.

Here is a link to some recent scientific exploration of this idea if you are interested.
https://www.livescience.com/objectiv...hysicists.html
Old 18-06-2020, 08:35 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renunciation
gradually her affection towards nagavalli grows and at a fragile moment of mind nagavalli possess her .

I have not seen the movie.

I would just say be careful where or in what you place your affections.(Use Wisdom and Patience)