Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 28-05-2020, 01:16 PM
Kioma

What is it that makes a spiritual person 'spiritual' to you?

I suppose this will depend on what 'spirit' and 'spiritual' is to you - but what do YOU think?
Old 28-05-2020, 08:26 PM
Master
Hmm.. first thing that came to mind was a person that looks for something bigger than him/her self.
Selfless service instead of selfishness and Machiavellian characteristics.
Old 28-05-2020, 09:06 PM
Deactivated Account
Any selfless person with a sense of honour, be it atheist or whatever.
Old 28-05-2020, 09:51 PM
Master

Someone once said that anyone who has had a genuine spiritual experience exhibits humility. I would concur so I would suspect that if I see a humble person there is a very good chance that I am also seeing a spiritual person.
Old 29-05-2020, 01:39 AM
Newbie ;)

Their ability to see.
Old 29-05-2020, 03:38 AM
Master

While not disagreeing with others , spiritual person is one whose spiritual orientation in life is more than material orientation . With this perspective , people in not-spiritual roles can also really be spiritual ones and people in apparently spiritual roles may not be spiritual ones . It all depends on facts and features such people exhibit like equanimity , gratitude , humility , integrity , compassion etc.
Old 29-05-2020, 05:22 PM
Master
Their ingenious ability to constantly lie to themselves and others with conviction about how special and important they are because they display certain characteristics that are defined as "spiritual."

Their amazing ability to make random judgments about people they don't know and call it "intuition."

Feeling a false sense of superiority over others who behave in ways that aren't seen as "spiritual" by the spiritual masses.

I use the term spiritual loosely myself. To me its just a label or mask people wear to identify themselves with. To present a certain image to others. When a person presents themselves as a spiritual person to me that is exactly what they are doing.
Old 30-05-2020, 03:18 PM
Master

spiritual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
I suppose this will depend on what 'spirit' and 'spiritual' is to you - but what do YOU think?

Technically every living being is made of matter and spirit . So every living being is spiritual in that sense . This is the state for every living being from birth to death . So every person is spiritualist & materialist in varying degrees.
This is technical view of baseline spirituality by which spiritualists see God everywhere.

However normally the spiritual is in comparison to material . In that sense a person is spiritual if his/her spiritual orientation /tenancy is more than material orientation/tendency . In determining the person's orientation reality judges the spirituality from 3 tests ie thoughts , speech and actions . If a person passes the spirituality in all these 3 tests and his spiritual orientation is more than material orientation , he can be said to be spiritual.

In this sense people of high integrity , compassion, purity even if they are in material roles like business , politics , military , sports , academics , economics , professions also can be considered spiritual if their overall spiritual orientation is more than material orientation e.g benevolent billionaire charitable businessmen can be considered spiritual .

On the other hand people in spiritual roles too can be materialist if their overall material orientation is more than spiritual orientation .

Now aforesaid are just exceptions case which we may come up in life . There may be many spirituals who may also be as per the role they perform.

Normal traits of spiritual people are discipline , honest , fearlessness , bravery , charitable , benevolent , chivalrous , comingling , dispassionate (in good sense) ,hardworking , intelligent , faithful , loyal , hopeful ,just ,sanguine , loving etc .

Last edited by HITESH SHAH : 30-05-2020 at 05:30 PM.
Old 30-05-2020, 09:53 PM
Well, that's pretty easy.
You have an egoic or worldly take on something ---then you have the
Holy Spirit's or, say, Godly take on something.

(Rem, I am a student of ACIM.)
So I see the ego or the Holy Spirit...no in between.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-06-2020, 09:23 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
This is really nothing more than judgement as set against one's own personal definitions as criteria. If you're judging who is Spiritual and who isn't, you need to look to your own introspection.