Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 21-04-2020, 01:49 PM
Master
Why don't we all have past life memories feels like asking why don't we all see ghosts or why aren't we all mediums.
I like to know the answer too, and not one that rests on a blame game (''you don't know past life cuz u is bad'' or ''u not try hard enuff'').

Is there an actual, logical answer as to why some people have ''past life memories'' and some don't? I'd love to know too..

What also ''bothers'' me about it is that our ''mind'' is a made up identity, basically, and depends on brain activity. In your dreamless sleep there is no 'mind'. Second, we are the sum of our genes and environment in this life of ours, so how can any of us bear any responsibility to a possible past life?

I know belief in karma is a way out of this, as far as religious logical thinking goes, but how would that work? Is there some ''karma'' (is it a thing?) that sticks to a 'soul' like some hidden force? That means every new baby carries some hidden, dark shadowy creature with it?
Old 21-04-2020, 02:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Why don't we all have past life memories feels like asking why don't we all see ghosts or why aren't we all mediums.
I like to know the answer too, and not one that rests on a blame game (''you don't know past life cuz u is bad'' or ''u not try hard enuff'').

Is there an actual, logical answer as to why some people have ''past life memories'' and some don't? I'd love to know too..

What also ''bothers'' me about it is that our ''mind'' is a made up identity, basically, and depends on brain activity. In your dreamless sleep there is no 'mind'. Second, we are the sum of our genes and environment in this life of ours, so how can any of us bear any responsibility to a possible past life?

I know belief in karma is a way out of this, as far as religious logical thinking goes, but how would that work? Is there some ''karma'' (is it a thing?) that sticks to a 'soul' like some hidden force? That means every new baby carries some hidden, dark shadowy creature with it?

Maybe you were a medium in a previous life, so you thought you'd have a change in this one.
Old 21-04-2020, 02:53 PM
Master
Quote:

There is a logical answer, which is succinctly stated above by Jo.

Its is the same answer to why some souls choose to incarnate in a bodies that are (physically) 'blind', others in bodies that are 'deaf', etc.

'Blind' folks often develop a keener sense of 'hearing' and appreciate the nuances of Life more than 'seeing' folks do, for instance.

Of course, not believing in the possible 'immortality' of souls and not appreciating the above-alluded to possibilities which attend soul's choice of the kinds of 'lives' they serially incarnate 'in', A, you will mostly dismiss such 'answer' as being illogical.
Old 21-04-2020, 02:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Of course, not believing in the possible 'immortality' of souls and not appreciating the above-alluded to possibilities which attend soul's choice of the kinds of 'lives' they serially incarnate 'in', A, you will mostly dismiss such 'answer' as being illogical.

There being the possibility of the immortality of a soul does not automatically mean that we reincarnate, or that we 'choose' to live in this or that place or with this or that limitation. The topic of the existence of a soul is a different one from reincarnation and again a different one from choosing specific circumstances pre-birth.

Having said that, I do not find the answer a logical one, although I appreciate the conversation..

It seems our attempt, like any other, to explain inequality. This is what we've done for thousands of years. We feel there must be a justification from the heavens why one person has this limitation and another one has not, and why we 'suffer'. We came up with the Fall from Paradise, ideas on karma, and pre-birth choice and picking lessons. Yet all three rest on belief. Why should I believe in any of them?
Old 21-04-2020, 08:05 PM
Master

Quote:

This depends as always on what we believe about the nature of a human being.

If we think of a human being as just a physical body then it is difficult to make sense of any of it.

If we consider a human as having multiple bodies (physical, etheric, emotional, mental, etc) then answers become possible.

So it is not that every new baby carries some hidden, dark, shadowy creature. Rather, these various bodies have their own subtle blueprints which contain the secrets of individual karma and past lives.

This seems as good an explanation as any.

Peace
Old 21-04-2020, 09:56 PM
Master
Quote:
It seems our attempt, like any other, to explain inequality. This is what we've done for thousands of years. We feel there must be a justification from the heavens why one person has this limitation and another one has not, and why we 'suffer'. We came up with the Fall from Paradise, ideas on karma, and pre-birth choice and picking lessons. Yet all three rest on belief. Why should I believe in any of them?
It isn't just an attempt to explain 'inequality' - the idea of souls incarnating as a means to becoming and 'graduating' from incarnational engagement when they become full-fledged (i.e. capable of balanced, self-sustaining existence in relation to others and Life-at-Large) is an attempt to 'explain' the purpose and dynamics of all physicalization. There is evidence that supports such hypothesis. More than supports the idea/hypothesis of a spontaneous (accidental?) 'Big Bang' wherein consciousness and adeptitude 'arise' and 'develop' as a result of the outworking of completely physical/mathematical 'laws', I dare say.

Both ideas/hyptheses can be 'rationalized' in logical ways. I was just explaining some of the logic associated with the 'world-view' deriving from the former.
Old 22-04-2020, 12:45 PM
Newbie ;)

I believe we are all exactly where we are supposed to be, and we see what we need to. We have a path. A reason to be in this life. I am not in charge of the Universe, nor do I have written instructions from the ONE that is. I do know I have free will as a human, and I can choose good or evil. I also know there are a lot of people who say they know it all. They don't. We all have. to come to our own understanding of the ONE, and what we choose do do with this lifetime. Today is really all that matters. Peace to You
Old 22-04-2020, 03:29 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moongirl33
I believe we are all exactly where we are supposed to be, and we see what we need to. We have a path. A reason to be in this life. I am not in charge of the Universe, nor do I have written instructions from the ONE that is. I do know I have free will as a human, and I can choose good or evil. I also know there are a lot of people who say they know it all. They don't. We all have. to come to our own understanding of the ONE, and what we choose do do with this lifetime. Today is really all that matters. Peace to You

Brilliant post.
Old 22-04-2020, 07:50 PM
Master
Quote:
We all have. to come to our own understanding of the ONE, and what we choose do do with this lifetime.
Everyone's understanding 'adds' something to the 'picture' of 'the ONE', like each lens of a fly's compound' eye, maybe.

Quote:
Today is really all that matters. Peace to You
Except all 'lifetimes' and all 'todays' are connected ... yes?
Jes playin' with your perspective (by looking backwards through your telescope), Moongirl. Not saying what you say doesn't make good sense to me - it does!
Old 23-04-2020, 01:58 PM
Newbie ;)

You then get it. There is only ONE.