Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 18-07-2018, 10:10 PM
Seeker

Suicide as part of a life lesson?

Hi,

They say we come to planet earth to grow and learn lessons. And it's usually taken that suicide is counter-productive to that.

But what if the suicide itself was an intended lesson to learn?

People will tell you those who commit suicide are cowards (something I find insensitive) yet voluntarily going into the abyss of death could also be seen as quite a courageous thing.

I agree we should generally discourage people from it, and that it's a 'permanent solution to a temporary problem', but perhaps occassionally God actually wants it to happen and it is pre-determined?
Old 19-07-2018, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator
My perception is that it is never planned or encouraged by the soul but the conditions of a particular life could make it a possibility but I do not believe it is something expected. I don't suspect we are ever judged for leaving but I think the soul hopes we are able to stick it out so we can progress faster past the tough lesson. My perception is that we are here to find the healthy solution, by trail and error. Sometimes in the journey we make unhealthy choices to fix our troubles and maybe sometimes that includes suicide but I suspect our soul does everything in its power to try and avoid it. So I don't think it is ever planned but it could be a potential life path if the life is a rough one for the human aspect of the soul to handle. But I agree, trying to help others find another solution is the way to go.
Old 19-07-2018, 05:21 PM
Master

Suicide is not a permanent solution in my humble opinion because the soul lives on. A life ended by suicide is just a blimp on the timeline of our incarnations. If we aborted and ended our life by our own hand we will just have to come back and learn said lessons again at some time. Maybe next time that particular lesson gets chosen to be learned we will take a different approach.
Old 19-07-2018, 06:36 PM
Master

I tend to believe that suicide is like you you return home from your school before the end of the day, because you didn't feel well. Most likely, you kind of expected that when you left home that day, but hoped for the better.
Old 19-07-2018, 09:07 PM
Administrator
Many Lessons are learned by being here.for some people these lessons are just to painful to bare.
we cant judge anyone for commiting suicide.because we don't know the state of the persons mind at the time.
a person who commits suicide goes into Healing in the spirit world.until they come to terms with what they have done.
I don't believe that anyone is born to commit suicide in later life. its what cards you have been dealt with. some have a Blessed life others don't.
I have known people who have commited suicide.people you would never thought would do such a thing but it happens.
The body may die but the soul lives on

Namaste
Old 19-07-2018, 11:06 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Suicide is not a permanent solution in my humble opinion because the soul lives on. A life ended by suicide is just a blimp on the timeline of our incarnations. If we aborted and ended our life by our own hand we will just have to come back and learn said lessons again at some time. Maybe next time that particular lesson gets chosen to be learned we will take a different approach.

Yes that's what I feel about it linen53.
Old 19-07-2018, 11:11 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Many Lessons are learned by being here.for some people these lessons are just to painful to bare.
we cant judge anyone for commiting suicide.because we don't know the state of the persons mind at the time.
a person who commits suicide goes into Healing in the spirit world.until they come to terms with what they have done.
I don't believe that anyone is born to commit suicide in later life. its what cards you have been dealt with. some have a Blessed life others don't.
I have known people who have commited suicide.people you would never thought would do such a thing but it happens.
The body may die but the soul lives on

Namaste

So true. Once when I lived in the mountains, someone we knew -a climber -committed suicide. I hardly knew this guy. Only knew "of him" because he was a bit before my time there.
One night I had a vivid dream about him. He was happy when I asked him how he was. He told me he was learning how to play the guitar. Said he'd always wanted to do that but never did.

Later I found out what this guy looked like. Exactly as I had dreamed of him. Someone also told me he'd always wanted to learn to play the guitar....

So things were obviously working out for him in the afterlife. What happened later, and what personal challenges he felt he had to meet, I have no idea. But I am sure when the time was right, he would get the courage to do them.
Old 20-07-2018, 03:05 AM
Administrator
My friends sister from an early age always wanted to work with kids.but she had something happen to her to make her wont to kill herself.
I don't know how many times myself and her sisters went looking for her she was living in a flat by herself, she was happy there knew everybody around her.
but she constantly put fire lighters on her legs and lit them.
she tried always to kill herself.
I sat her down spoke with her for hours and she looked at me and my friend and said I want to live she was in a positive frame of mind.
she went to hospital to get her medication sorted out. and she chocked on her food and died.
I saw her a couple of months later she came to show me how happy she was surrounded by children.

Namaste
Old 20-07-2018, 04:15 AM
Knower

I do not believe we are here to learn lessons. I believe we are here to experience creation and creating and all that entails. Some think we have courage to incarnate on this Earth, and while we are here, courage is an energy we relate to, greatly. Before we arrive, however, courage is not what we have but excitement. Excitement to be here mixing it up, tossing about the waves of delusion and fantastic creative energies.

And when we leave, no matter how we go or what happened to us while we were here, we all eventually say, "Wow, what a ride."

By the way, having this knowledge doesn't stop grief and other emotional reactions by those left behind. We're all human and will be vulnerable to the vibrational state that we're in so long as we are here.

Enough said, sorry, just my thought about whether there's a lesson in it.

Oh wait... Owing to the fact that everyone creates their own reality, including, I believe, your after-death experience while you're still shedding this vibration, you could definitely muse a few lessons before moving on.

Ok, that's really it now :-)
Old 20-07-2018, 08:03 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
My perception is that it is never planned or encouraged by the soul but the conditions of a particular life could make it a possibility but I do not believe it is something expected. I don't suspect we are ever judged for leaving but I think the soul hopes we are able to stick it out so we can progress faster past the tough lesson. My perception is that we are here to find the healthy solution, by trail and error. Sometimes in the journey we make unhealthy choices to fix our troubles and maybe sometimes that includes suicide but I suspect our soul does everything in its power to try and avoid it. So I don't think it is ever planned but it could be a potential life path if the life is a rough one for the human aspect of the soul to handle. But I agree, trying to help others find another solution is the way to go.

An interesting perception Michelle. I would like to point out many unhealthy souls continue to live on and not take their own lives. Many seemingly healthy and powerful souls do however. I think that a collaboration of souls interconnect and create a contract. The life path and contract terms are played out in life (lives). As with most contracts, agreements must be kept.