Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 04-04-2018, 09:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
You are apparently not very familiar with 1st century, late Second Temple Judaism.

you were there?
Old 04-04-2018, 12:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
you were there?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:21 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
you were there?
And you ask because......?

I'm not the one who suggested a first century Jew was not religious because he didn't conform to the behavior of an Anglican vicar.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:45 PM
Master
I think David Martin was saying that Jesus was free of the type of behaviour that was expected of Jews at that time. He was a free spirit who would not conform to peer pressure.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 04-04-2018, 05:42 PM
Master
Think more Jesus brought a new covenant, a higher truth.

Also, Jesus said we are all children of God. There isn't just one. :)
Old 07-04-2018, 02:44 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I express my spirituality by believing in Christ & Yahweh. Others express their spirituality in different ways. I accept their ways.

definition of being Spiritual says :1. relating to or affecting the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things. or 2. relating to religion or religious belief. to be Religious means : 1. relating to or believing in a religion. it also says one who's Godly, God-Fearing and Faithful. now!... many say they believe in Jesus, but not in any religious organization.

you say you "surrender" to Jesus, in what way? because to "surrender yourself to someone. would mean that one has given themselves to another. are you doing as Jesus taught ALL to do, living in a way that pleasing to his Father? if so then you saying that you surrender to him, would make your claim valid.

do you try to do the "WILL" of Jesus Father Yahweh?, (Matt. 7:21). are you obeying and living as he directs his people to? again if you are, you claims are valid. if you are "accepting their ways". than you are trying to live as Jesus commanded ,(Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me). Remember Jesus said this!...(Luke 11:28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it). peace
Old 07-04-2018, 02:53 PM
Ascender
Quote:
I don't think Jesus was very religious
Try imagining him in a religious role, say for an example the stereotype church of England vicar (vicar = representing Jesus on earth)
Try imagining him officiating at weddings and funerals, passing round a collection plate and sipping boiling hot tea, with a piece of quiche in his hand.
I can't imagine him driving to church and frowning at the young women dressed like it's the first day of spring

Jesus was a Religious man, because he was to teach and preach the "Good News" about his Father, his Father's Kingdom. how his true followers should walk daily! how to WORSHIP ,his Father and follow his Spiritual lead. he wasn't a worldly man, meaning he didn't live basically as you were pointing out. as those false ministers, straddling the fence. also he didn't do many of those things, because he wasn't sent by his Father to do so. and NO one who follows satan can represent Jesus. peace
Old 07-04-2018, 03:07 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Believing in Jesus comes from the heart and returns to the heart. Believing in religion means following a pre-set of rules. This comes from the head and returns to the head.

the first Christian congregation was set up by Jesus after he returned to Heaven. the teachings were ALL true, because it original came from Jesus. Jehovah God, (Exo. 6:3), had his words written down for our time, so that we could benefit from it ,(2Tim. 3:16). and so that we could get to know him, his Son, and the reasons for many questions we might have had. as well as learning how we can save our lives.

they have that truth being taught throughout the Earth, up to this day. as Jesus said. which will and shall be done, up to the End of satan's wicked system ,(Matt. 24:14 And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come). so the "Rules" you believe that are from "religion" as in man making them up, isn't! just as we believe Jesus from our hearts. we are to believe every word which comes from him and Jehovah God, not matter if it's religious leaders who teach them, they suppose to again Jesus order it. peace
Old 07-04-2018, 03:18 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
I believe in Christ, Buddha and a few other religious figures and I'm willing to attend churches and converse openly with any persons from any religion as i accept all religion. but i follow none of them.
Alan watts said "The only difference between Christianity and Buddhism is that Jesus was the son of a carpenter and Buddha the son of a prince." took me a while to get it but it does hold true for me.

sad!... Jesus was actually NOT the Son of a capenter, as in blood. because it wasn't by means of Joseph's sperm in which Jesus was created. Joseph was Jesus Step-father. Jesus came from Heaven by means of Jehovah God's Holy Spirit. in which he placed inside Mary. so Buddha might have been the "son of a prince." which means nothing to me, because it's of imperfect man. but Jesus was the ONLY Beggotten Son of the Most High God! which is far better than ANY prince, don't play! also why do you attend religious organizations? just asking out of curiosity.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:37 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
sad!... Jesus was actually NOT the Son of a capenter, as in blood. because it wasn't by means of Joseph's sperm in which Jesus was created. Joseph was Jesus Step-father. Jesus came from Heaven by means of Jehovah God's Holy Spirit. in which he placed inside Mary. so Buddha might have been the "son of a prince." which means nothing to me, because it's of imperfect man. but Jesus was the ONLY Beggotten Son of the Most High God! which is far better than ANY prince, don't play! also why do you attend religious organizations? just asking out of curiosity.

Are you saying Jesus is better than Buddha?

Would Jesus say he was better than Buddha?
Would Buddha say he was better than Jesus?