Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 13-11-2017, 04:37 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Here we go people, it ALL relates to this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_mind

...and unfortunately, this:

http://theautismblog.seattlechildren...m-theory-mind/

On the plus side, there is this:

https://www.williamstillman.com/god-connection.php

and this:

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/di.../#.Wgg8kLOWbIU

So yeah, I get that all of the reactions to my statements, 'convictions' and 'beliefs' is how a neurotypical brain would process it...and not how an Autistic brain would...and when I try to understand what others have written in regards, I cannot because my brain is not neurotypical...got it! So the best thing I can do is just keep on saying what I'm saying and if I cannot understand anything, don't even try.

Om Namah Shivaya

Thanks Shivani

I think i understand more now.....
Old 14-11-2017, 03:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
You can speak less abstractly Gem, I'm familiar with how it works. Yes it's not wilful, some Buddhists call it effortless effort for a reason. Cessation is very possible and the purification is an actual physical process. I have no idea what you mean by "reveal how much you can take, and the limitation at which you are overwhelmed." There is no limit to what is possible in that practice of purification. And when silence is there, there is pure peace. Complete and utter. Of course some of us come back to life after that for better or worse.

Yes, ideals of no limitation are preferable to knowing our own.
Old 14-11-2017, 05:41 AM
Suspended
Ascender

It illicits a smile and I would say, don't be afraid to say what you want, Gem. Don't be afraid to test your own practice. There is no limit to the possibilities of purification - it purifies all karma. If you are thinking of me, then certainly lol I have come back from that, I willfully recreated but that was me and I lay no claim to such ideals. But there is such a state - complete silence, utter purification. The practice is much deeper than what you now see - it can take all and purify it all. The limitless, the Unconditioned, is limitless. Were it not so, it would not be called Nibbana.
Old 14-11-2017, 05:57 AM
Master
Quote:
It illicits a smile and I would say, don't be afraid to say what you want, Gem. Don't be afraid to test your own practice. There is no limit to the possibilities of purification - it purifies all karma. If you are thinking of me, then certainly lol I have come back from that, I willfully recreated but that was me and I lay no claim to such ideals. But there is such a state - complete silence, utter purification. The practice is much deeper than what you now see - it can take all and purify it all. The limitless, the Unconditioned, is limitless. Were it not so, it would not be called Nibbana.

I'm talking about the reality as it is in the lived experience, though.
Old 14-11-2017, 11:02 AM
Knower
I love this Swami from the Kali Mandir Laguna beach temple.

Satsang listened to yesterday. It was a satsang where he read and commented on Vivekananda's Bhakti yoga book.

In a short sequence he quoted Swami Shivananda from Rishikesh about Guru.

"Superimpose Brahman on the imperfect human Guru"

https://www.facebook.com/KaliMandirR...hEHmlNO6l1AGPg

That's a way to recieve the immense grace possible to have Guru tattva (Guruprinciple).

So about Guru. Choose your Guru carefully, then superimpose Brahman on that guru. The true guru is within.

But the humaness of a Guru might be an obstacle sometimes to recieve the inherent grace in that principle.

I remember reading something sometime from the Tibetan tradition, that it is good to live a valley away from the
Guru. To practice the Guruyoga.....
Old 14-11-2017, 09:44 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I'm talking about the reality as it is in the lived experience, though.

So, Gem, you don't believe that the purification process is unlimited and you believe that Nibbana is just a myth? And do you believe or assume that there is a limit to what the unlimited will absorb and free? Talking to you I am reminded of the phrase “A Ship in Harbor Is Safe, but That Is Not What Ships Are Built For”. If mindfulness is repression, it's certainly not free from my perspective.
Old 14-11-2017, 10:52 PM
Master
Quote:
So, Gem, you don't believe that the purification process is unlimited and you believe that Nibbana is just a myth? And do you believe or assume that there is a limit to what the unlimited will absorb and free? Talking to you I am reminded of the phrase “A Ship in Harbor Is Safe, but That Is Not What Ships Are Built For”. If mindfulness is repression, it's certainly not free from my perspective.

When you ask what I believe you have already defined it in the question, so I can tell these aren't genuine inquiries, and you're starting to make personal insinuations.
Old 15-11-2017, 12:39 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
When you ask what I believe you have already defined it in the question, so I can tell these aren't genuine inquiries, and you're starting to make personal insinuations.

I defined it to actually try to clarify what you are saying given your opaque and indirect method of communication. Insinuate is a good word. Hard to talk to someone like that for me, so I'll leave so you take no further offence.
Old 15-11-2017, 05:11 AM
Master
Him: "Hello, my beloved. It's a nice day out, is it not?"
Me: "Not NOW...I'm in a meeting with my peer support workers...can't we do this later?"
Him: *laughs* "Don't worry, I'll keep you updated throughout...so, I hear you don't like people."
Me: "You are inside me, inside my heart, you are my very Soul...you know how I feel and why... what I'm going to say to you in advance...why do we need to keep doing this?"
Him: "Do you like Kailash Kher, Ash Desai, Pundit Jasraj and Arya"?
Me: "That's a silly question...of COURSE I do!"
Him: "They are 'people' aren't they? but tell me, why do you like them so?"
Me: "It is because they sing devotional songs, act in a devotional way and make me feel things...they make me feel closer to you...make me feel that I am not alone in my love for you".
Him: "How do you know they really love me and are not just singing devotional songs and acting in a devotional way to make money from bhaktas like yourself?"
Me: "I don't know...it's just that I can relate to you and those humans help me to do that and that is why I like them".
Him: "...and yet, you know nothing whatsoever about them apart from how they make you feel when they are being 'devotional' to me right?"
Me: "So where are you going with this? if there's a point, I'd really like you to get to it'.
Him: "I know you already GET the whole point...let me simplify, people say 'see me in others' when what they really mean is 'don't let others stop you from feeling me inside'...it's exactly the same thing".
Me: "Okay, you have my full attention now, please continue".
Him: "Seeing me only in the hearts of my devotees because you can 'relate' with the experience of bhakti is the EASY part and you have passed that test...but the true measure of love is not to just confine me there, but to see me everywhere".
Me: "I try, I really try because I love you dearly, but it is difficult even for one who loves to be in constant remembrance of their beloved...even Narada Muni could not manage it when Lord Narayana tested him....'carry a full pitcher of water upon your head and walk for years' Narayana said...'don't let a single drop fall', Narayana said..."
Him: *laughs* "The canny one you are...but you are emptying the pitcher out before my eyes, saying "I don't need to do that because we BOTH know how much I love you, so this whole 'test' is unnecessary"...but is it? Is it really? I mean if Lord Narayana had thought so, he wouldn't have given Narada Muni the trial in the FIRST place".
Me: "That still doesn't address the issue I have with only seeing you in your devotees, in babies and in animals and not in the general human population..."
Him: "It's easy for you to see it because they have a pure heart...it's not so easy when they do not. Do you think for one moment that makes ME love them any less? and after all, I AM you, remember?"
Me: "About that...if you are me, then who is doing the talking and who is doing the listening then hmm??
Him: "When the bird lives, the bird eats the ants. When the bird dies, the ants eat the bird. The Kalachakra keeps turning constantly. Study the Svetasvara Upanishad again...that is your assignment. It seems your peer support session is drawing to a close and your focus is required elsewhere...If only you could feel how much I love you".

********* Later that day, before sleep******

Him: "When the bird lives, the bird eats the ants. When the bird dies, the ants eat the bird.
Have you seen those painted vehicles...if you look at them from one angle, they appear to be purple, from another angle, they appear green? Sometimes, you can look at them and get a colour that is both purple and green simultaneously and say 'what colour am I looking at now?'
It is all a matter of perspective and the awareness OF it. Am I you? or are you me? is there any difference in regards to the fact that we are one whichever way it goes?
So, whether you are the eater or the eaten depends on the life-force, the conscious awareness of either the bird OR ant...and as time passes, neither bird nor ant will physically represent. All that will remain is the space which once occupied them.
You may be of noble lineage and realise that you are or you may be of low birth and realise that you are. Your vibration may be in Tartarus or orbiting the Pleiades but what does it matter? What does knowing any of it matter? You may be a great soul...even a sage like Ramanuja or Shankara.....but this is Kali Yuga. In another ten thousand years, nobody will remember they even existed, so what does it matter?
You may dislike people...so? You may like people...so? You may post on an internet forum or not...so? You may be Shiva...so? You may be Shivani...so? and yes, I KNOW that life becomes dull and monotonous when you realise there's absolutely no purpose or meaning behind any of it whatsoever...so?
Abiding in the Self means to abide in all the love I have for you, totally irrespective of the reciprocated feelings thereof. Then, there will be no more 'so?' because all there will be is; 'so be it".
Old 15-11-2017, 09:21 AM
Master
Love your ' conversations with God post's ' SD