Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 14-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Krishna-prem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotheosophy
Besides relaxation techniques,
The treatment of PTSD includes having the victim,
Present their traumatic experience in a non-threatening environment.
However, it is easy for counselors to become accusing while unaware of their own anxiety and guilt.

Where's your proof for such statements.

Also,

Aren't you curious as to why most people don't respond to you here?
Old 15-06-2011, 06:20 AM
sunny shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotheosophy
Repression is unconsciously trying to forget a memory, often due to extreme anxiety (which may also take the form of apathy).

Some say that the desire for happiness over unhappiness,
Has been repressed or inhibited in some way.

Others say that knowing that we are God,
Has been repressed or inhibited in some way.

So, with hypnosis,
How do you remember what has been repressed,
Without inaccurate information, false memories, or confabulation (fact and fantasy combined)?

Memmories are repressed usually for protection against extreme trauma (girl who was raped or people who have violent incidents forget many things about it) thats how the memory works to protect ourselves from having to go through the trauma again.

we do it in simple things too denial of a person in anger when we actually love them a lot and need their attention we are unable to accept that so to protect ourself we deny the love and embrace anger because we want to feel more in control and safe

usually under hypnosis the mind would automatically bring issues that needs resolution but you know over these years they are like layers after layers one is removed and the other surfaces.

you need a trained practioner who can guide you through the process.
Old 16-07-2011, 01:00 PM
jjj

Another explanation is that the victim (and sometimes the perpetrator as well) dissociate during the abuse and this effects recall because it effects experience. This is the way that many trauma experts view amnesia of traumatic episodes. I have an 'inside view' of this and I'm still not sure. I know that I have one memory and it is the last time that abuse occurred. Beyond that, I have memories of thinking or talking about it afterward and of feeling guilty about it... wondering about telling my mom.... that type of thing. But as far as memories of the abuse... only one remains. And even through hypnosis, it has not been necessary for me up to this point to remember the others. If there is some reason to do it at some point, then my body and spiritual guide will know. I've found a great deal of trust in the process and let go of any need to remember or not remember. What comes up is what is important for current barriers and hurdles in my current life. Residues from past messages that replay in the subconscious mind and dictate my actions... these can be brought to the conscious and reframed/ changed. The memories themselves are not changed (using the Heart Centered model) but power is given back where it was taken (at the source) and one is able to see the truth rather than the distorted picture with incorrect messages and misplaced shame and guilt. :)

Cheers ~
Old 18-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Master
Thank you, Psychotheosophy for this thread.

I had stuff happen when I was growing up, with plenty of real time memories of it, and not once did I have any 'flashbacks' until way later in my life....my son was young and I had two, and then nothing further. I wondered over them, especially the first one for a while, and then decided that it doesn't matter whether it happened or not, what I ended up feeling and thinking was that it was something that I wouldn't put past my abuser to do. Iow, just more of the same, and since I'd 'survived' all this time, in the end, it was 'no worse' but it was, than all the other stuff.

Some people can make it without counseling or 'guidance' - since it's a **** shoot anyway, and it all depends on the relative intelligence of the person who was injured.