Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 10-12-2019, 10:05 PM
Knower

Fear of realizing the TRUTH, the SELF.

After having to experience the surge of energy blasting through the base of my spine, i went through a whole lot of process in which i cleared out my fears, suppressed anger and other emotions and after 6 months or so, I kind of settled with the new reality and life came back to track.

I still feel i am in a process and i feel the energy moving inside my body as soon as i am relaxed on mental level.

Currently, I have hit another obstacle, which i never thought would be. I FEAR enlightenment. Yes, i am fearing to experience the divine, the self.

Guys, i know this is ego shouting and it will do everything to protect itself. I know that there is so much love on the other side as i have had glimpses of that and i never thought i would fear the divine.

This fear is of surrender, this fear is of letting go. The experiences i have in my daily-life, make me feel that this fear is the only obstacle, this surrender is the only thing i have to do and the truth will shine. I feel like the curtain of Illusion(MAYA) will soon be removed and i am fearing that. I think i will lose myself, might die.

I know guys that this is not true, fear can never be true. But

Has anyone experienced this fear of surrender like this. Like after coming a long way, you hit this fear which you never thought of and then finally surrendering ?

Surrender to the void, jump into nothingness or say Taking the leap

This is after having the initial joyful ride of meditation. So i am expecting some experienced answers. They will relate it to it automatically.
Old 10-12-2019, 10:19 PM
Master
Your fear is understandable and relate-able. No, i haven't fully surrendered. There is still much i cling to.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:14 AM
Master
Fear is all about what might happen; it is about what's next. The best way I know to conquor fear is to be steadfast anchored in the moment,
very quiet inside, and not entertaining any thoughts.

I had my first out-of-body experience many decades ago and I freaked out big time; because it happened suddenly without warning and my
mind was not ready for it. I was thrown into and incredibly beautiful environment where everything was in harmony except me.

I was pretty quickly put back into my physical body, and I got up from where I was meditating and ran outside, trying to get away from the
experience. But that was completely stupid. The experience was with me and I could not run from it.

Over time nurturing inner silence helped me stay calmly in the moment and it diminished any fear I had. Fear can not exist in the here and now,
it only exists in our thoughts about the past or future. Quiet your thoughts, nurture inner silence, and center your feelings and there most likely
will be no fear. It's really all about trust.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:18 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Fear is all about what might happen; it is about what's next. The best way I know to conquor fear is to be steadfast anchored in the moment,
very quiet inside, and not entertaining any thoughts.

Over time nurturing inner silence helped me stay calmly in the moment and it diminished any fear I had. Fear can not exist in the here and now,
it only exists in our thoughts about the past or future. Quiet your thoughts and center your feelings and there most likely will be no fear.

This is a great advice. I have been trying this since yesterday. To be alert in the moment. And that helps. But i just started doing that.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:40 AM
Master

Fear of annihilation. Death.

Whose? Since we are not the mind body.

A concept. Yet it is best not to suppress or sublimate but to understand the source of fear. Plunge in and get to the root. We all have to do this for ourselves since merely intellectually understanding is not knowing.

The fear is nothing but a bubble of illusion. It bursts noiselessly when looked at.

Rephrased, we may say that fear is of letting go of what we are ourselves holding on to.

The preparatory phase of unconditioning association and thereby attachment cannot be overemphasised.

Somewhere written by someone ‘there is nothing to fear but fear itself!’

So do not struggle with fear. Just let go.

For it is imaginary.

Just relax and allow the Divine to do Its will.

Old 11-12-2019, 04:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Somewhere written by someone ‘there is nothing to fear but fear itself!’

Whoever wrote that or said that must have been trying to convince themselves or others that there is nothing to fear while being full of fear themselves. Otherwise, it should be rewritten: "There is nothing to fear including fear itself."

If you believe in the former then you might as well believe that there is nothing to be sad about but sadness itself. There is nothing to be angry about but anger itself.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:45 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Whoever wrote that or said that must have been trying to convince themselves or others that there is nothing to fear while being full of fear themselves. Otherwise, it should be rewritten: "There is nothing to fear including fear itself."

If you believe in the former then you might as well believe that there is nothing to be sad about but sadness itself. There is nothing to be angry about but anger itself.

This reminds of ...
Quote:
There are some things money can't buy. For everything else there's Mastercard.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze

🙏🏼🙏🏼

Old 11-12-2019, 05:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay.kishan
After having to experience the surge of energy blasting through the base of my spine, i went through a whole lot of process in which i cleared out my fears, suppressed anger and other emotions and after 6 months or so, I kind of settled with the new reality and life came back to track.

I still feel i am in a process and i feel the energy moving inside my body as soon as i am relaxed on mental level.

Currently, I have hit another obstacle, which i never thought would be. I FEAR enlightenment. Yes, i am fearing to experience the divine, the self.

Guys, i know this is ego shouting and it will do everything to protect itself. I know that there is so much love on the other side as i have had glimpses of that and i never thought i would fear the divine.

This fear is of surrender, this fear is of letting go. The experiences i have in my daily-life, make me feel that this fear is the only obstacle, this surrender is the only thing i have to do and the truth will shine. I feel like the curtain of Illusion(MAYA) will soon be removed and i am fearing that. I think i will lose myself, might die.

I know guys that this is not true, fear can never be true. But

Has anyone experienced this fear of surrender like this. Like after coming a long way, you hit this fear which you never thought of and then finally surrendering ?

Surrender to the void, jump into nothingness or say Taking the leap

This is after having the initial joyful ride of meditation. So i am expecting some experienced answers. They will relate it to it automatically.

I can relate but being in a kind of different situation. I was not just like you, but kind of like you except the opposite kind of you.

Many times I just wanted to die, and my fear was that I would live. My ultimate fear came to be true, I would live!! but it was never what I had feared in the beginning. I did have to live, but life was actually kind of amazing and not anything I had in mind when I was fearing it the entire time.

Maybe it is like that for you too. Maybe your fear is true too, but not in the way that you feared most. Chances are your greatest fear, when you do face it, will be laughable and you'll pass them going "what was I ever afraid of in the first place anyways?!".

Maybe you will have to die, but it will totally be the opposite of what you expect. In my experience, that is pretty much how fear goes. You spend this whole time being afraid of something, but then eventually you face it and it's like 1/50th as bad as you originally thought. Still sucky, perhaps even poopy, but absolutely nowhere near as bad has it was in your mind.
Old 11-12-2019, 05:46 AM
Deactivated Account
Just a couple of suggestions in general, I don't know if you may find them helpful or not:

Think in terms of 'allow' instead of 'surrender' --I mean this for the long run, not just in the short run

Think in terms of erosion and renewal

And one last thought for the road:

You can't do things in any order other than the one you are going to do them in. That's divine.

Congratulations on your beautiful energy awakening, btw.

https://youtu.be/1q-k1Ev8fVc