Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 30-10-2019, 08:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
or God invented humour?

Acts 2:15.
“These people are not drunk, as you suppose, for it is only nine o’clock in the morning.”

Deuteronomy 23:2.
"No one whose testicles have been crushed or whose penis has been cut off may be admitted into the community of the LORD."

Proverbs 11.22.
“Like a gold ring in a pig’s snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion.”

Old 31-10-2019, 03:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I always thought Lots wife got a bad rap.

That whole story has a weird flavor to it.

Lot offers his virgin daughters to the men of the city
that were banging on his door to sleep with the 2 angels inside
and then Lots wife gets turn to salt for looking back
when the city is being destroyed and then the 2 virgin daughters sleep
with their Father and have kids to continue the family line.

WOW! what a story.

Jesus also says to remember Lots wife. She never does get a name.

lot's name means (veil or covering).

I could address this account...............
but with some having acrimony toward Judaism and Christianity, I prefer relating a modern day account.

I live in one city and another city exist within that city.

One time, that other city was a fun place for some people and for other people, was a place to avoid. The city got over run with people some claim were really nice people whereas others claimed they were drug dealers, prostitutes, etc. Things got so bad, that instead of somebody getting shot over the weekend, it escalated to somebody or somebodies getting killed.

One day I turned on the TV which claimed multiple police agencies were involved in 'cleaning' up that city. I found that hard to believe so I went and looked for myself. There were police on foot, on bicycles, on motorcycles, in cars, in SUVs and a helicopter in the air. The police were from both cities, the county, the State and probably from the Border Patrol.
Each block in that city had at least 1 person being questioned.

Since then, murders in that city are almost non-existent. Rarely do you see a prostitute soliciting
on the streets or somebody selling drugs on the street any more.

Some people claim what happened to that city was terrible whereas others claim is was about time.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 31-10-2019, 03:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Acts 2:15.
“These people are not drunk, as you suppose, for it is only nine o’clock in the morning.”
Sounds pretty bad especially for Peter who spoke these words.

This account, when read in its entirety, makes perfect sense. The account reads:

14 Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd:
“Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say.

15 These people are not drunk, as you suppose. It’s only nine in the morning!

16 No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:

17 “‘In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.

18 Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.

19 I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below,
blood and fire and billows of smoke.

20 The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.

21 And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 31-10-2019, 03:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Deuteronomy 23:2.
"No one whose testicles have been crushed or whose penis has been cut off may be admitted into the community of the LORD."
The cited verse is actually Deuteronomy 23:1.

Old 31-10-2019, 04:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Proverbs 11.22.
“Like a gold ring in a pig’s snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion.”
This scripture provides a powerful punch when displayed with surrounding scriptures.

16 A kindhearted woman gains honor, but ruthless men gain only wealth.

17 Those who are kind benefit themselves, but the cruel bring ruin on themselves.

18 A wicked person earns deceptive wages, but the one who sows righteousness reaps a sure reward.

19 Truly the righteous attain life, but whoever pursues evil finds death.

20 The Lord detests those whose hearts are perverse, but he delights in those whose ways are blameless.

21 Be sure of this: The wicked will not go unpunished, but those who are righteous will go free.

22 Like a gold ring in a pig’s snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion.

23 The desire of the righteous ends only in good, but the hope of the wicked only in wrath.

24 One person gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty.

25 A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.

Old 31-10-2019, 07:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
The cited verse is actually Deuteronomy 23:1.

It actually depends on which Bible you read

'No one whose testicles have been crushed or whose penis has been cut off may be admitted into the community of the Lord. (Deuteronomy 23:2 NAB) ' is one example....
Old 31-10-2019, 11:23 AM
Master
Quote:
It actually depends on which Bible you read

'No one whose testicles have been crushed or whose penis has been cut off may be admitted into the community of the Lord. (Deuteronomy 23:2 NAB) ' is one example....
....... and if you read the surrounding verses, there is really nothing wrong with the verse.

Deuteronomy 23:1-3 from New American Bible (NAB)

1 A man shall not marry his father’s wife,* nor shall he dishonor his father’s bed.

Membership in the Assembly.

2 No one whose testicles have been crushed or whose penis has been cut off may come into the assembly of the LORD.

3 No one born of an illicit union may come into the assembly of the LORD, nor any
descendant of such even to the tenth generation may come into the assembly of the LORD.

Old 31-10-2019, 11:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
....... and if you read the surrounding verses, there is really nothing wrong with the verse.

Deuteronomy 23:1-3 from New American Bible (NAB)

1 A man shall not marry his father’s wife,* nor shall he dishonor his father’s bed.

Membership in the Assembly.

2 No one whose testicles have been crushed or whose penis has been cut off may come into the assembly of the LORD.

3 No one born of an illicit union may come into the assembly of the LORD, nor any
descendant of such even to the tenth generation may come into the assembly of the LORD.

Exactly, as I pointed out
Old 31-10-2019, 12:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Exactly, as I pointed out

I think you just want to point out that some parts of the Bible are actually the interpretations of the Creator through the eyes of man, and I agree, but know this, there was a time and a place for those "laws", they are not universal otherwise we would find ourselves with contradictions.I always use Christ's words as the standard when reading the Bible.

I could not read those violent parts of the Bible, it was always hard for me, even in the case that those people that were "punished" were really evil, I just can't... I am more focused on love and forgiveness than punishment... Those old times were really awful for humanity, people were really primitive and surviving was their main goal in life.
Old 31-10-2019, 01:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I think you just want to point out that some parts of the Bible are actually the interpretations of the Creator through the eyes of man, and I agree, but know this, there was a time and a place for those "laws", they are not universal otherwise we would find ourselves with contradictions.I always use Christ's words as the standard when reading the Bible.

I could not read those violent parts of the Bible, it was always hard for me, even in the case that those people that were "punished" were really evil, I just can't... I am more focused on love and forgiveness than punishment... Those old times were really awful for humanity, people were really primitive and surviving was their main goal in life.

' but know this, there was a time and a place for those "laws".

Sorry but there is NEVER a time or place for violence even if you think there was.

Where is the time and place for this ?

' Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks '

One verse amongst thousands that are abhorrent .
Closed Thread