Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 15-12-2019, 10:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Hi Anala, that's a shame about the Christmas dinner order from Tesco. I do my big shop home delivery order from a company called Ocado. And my daily bits from Tesco. Ocado say they match Tesco prices. They also have a PayPal payment option. So I don't know if that would work or be any good to you.

That's great your son will have a go at making his Christmas dinner. It's just the timing more than cooking the individual items with a Christmas dinner I think. Hope it turns out well for him anyway.

I've not tried plum pudding! Sounds nice. I've bought Tesco finest range 12 month mature Christmas pudding with Courvoisier VS Cognac for myself. Son's not keen on that so he's got a Tesco finest chocolate bomb pudding. Both will be eaten with hot custard.

What kind of quiche do you know? Are you making a Christmas dinner for yourself Anala?

Oh the shame! I just thought I'd look up plum pudding and now realise that's the traditional name for Christmas pudding! I've never know it called that see Maybe an actual pudding made with plums would be tasty too
Old 16-12-2019, 05:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi Anala, that's a shame about the Christmas dinner order from Tesco. I do my big shop home delivery order from a company called Ocado. And my daily bits from Tesco. Ocado say they match Tesco prices. They also have a PayPal payment option. So I don't know if that would work or be any good to you.

That's great your son will have a go at making his Christmas dinner. It's just the timing more than cooking the individual items with a Christmas dinner I think. Hope it turns out well for him anyway.

I've not tried plum pudding! Sounds nice. I've bought Tesco finest range 12 month mature Christmas pudding with Courvoisier VS Cognac for myself. Son's not keen on that so he's got a Tesco finest chocolate bomb pudding. Both will be eaten with hot custard.

What kind of quiche do you know? Are you making a Christmas dinner for yourself Anala?

Josephine Bloggs, Thank you for the idea of Ocado! I will check it out. Good to have a back up in a pinch.

Oh, Christmas pudding! I see!

What is hot custard?

He has not said what kind of quiche yet. I am sure it will have cheese. I reminded him to purchase a whisk. Because if not, it will just be scrambled eggs in a pie shell.

I am not sure about our Christmas supper. Thanksgiving was turkey. One year we made homemade steamed burns and curry! We will have sweet quick breads, pumpkin and cranberry orange. Then we will have cut out cookies that are iced with royal icing.

This week I am working on Christmas baskets for friends and family. I saw a demonstration on how to make a snow globe cookie. They looked very cute, so I might try it for the Christmas baskets.

What will you make for your main dishes for Christmas dinner, JB?
Old 16-12-2019, 05:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Oh the shame! I just thought I'd look up plum pudding and now realise that's the traditional name for Christmas pudding! I've never know it called that see Maybe an actual pudding made with plums would be tasty too

I think plum pudding comes from all those years watching, Charles ****ens, “A Christmas Carol.”

Anala
Old 16-12-2019, 09:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anala
Josephine Bloggs, Thank you for the idea of Ocado! I will check it out. Good to have a back up in a pinch.

Oh, Christmas pudding! I see!

What is hot custard?

He has not said what kind of quiche yet. I am sure it will have cheese. I reminded him to purchase a whisk. Because if not, it will just be scrambled eggs in a pie shell.

I am not sure about our Christmas supper. Thanksgiving was turkey. One year we made homemade steamed burns and curry! We will have sweet quick breads, pumpkin and cranberry orange. Then we will have cut out cookies that are iced with royal icing.

This week I am working on Christmas baskets for friends and family. I saw a demonstration on how to make a snow globe cookie. They looked very cute, so I might try it for the Christmas baskets.

What will you make for your main dishes for Christmas dinner, JB?

Custard is a thick sauce to go on things like sponge puddings and sweet pies. Also a cold layer in trifle: https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/custard

I had to look up steam buns. I bet they were nice with the curry.

Those snow globe cookies do look cute. Hope they turn out well, fun to do I'm sure.

Christmas dinner will be mushroom and stuffing lattice. Chicken. Roast potatoes, carrots, sweetcorn, sprouts and Yorkshire puddings, gravy.
Old 16-12-2019, 12:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Custard is a thick sauce to go on things like sponge puddings and sweet pies. Also a cold layer in trifle: https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/custard

I had to look up steam buns. I bet they were nice with the curry.

Those snow globe cookies do look cute. Hope they turn out well, fun to do I'm sure.

Christmas dinner will be mushroom and stuffing lattice. Chicken. Roast potatoes, carrots, sweetcorn, sprouts and Yorkshire puddings, gravy.

Josephine Bloggs,

That sounds delicious!

My son pushes me to try cooking new foods and one year it was all foods from Japan: donegal (?) with dipping sauce, sushi, nigiri... I have yet to put the bbq meat inside the steamed bun, maybe for New Year!

Oh, thank you for the website link! I hope you have the most lovely holidays!

Anala
Old 16-12-2019, 04:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anala
Josephine Bloggs,

That sounds delicious!

My son pushes me to try cooking new foods and one year it was all foods from Japan: donegal (?) with dipping sauce, sushi, nigiri... I have yet to put the bbq meat inside the steamed bun, maybe for New Year!

Oh, thank you for the website link! I hope you have the most lovely holidays!

Anala

Thank you. Enjoy all your lovely food! All the best to you too.
Old 20-01-2020, 04:33 PM
Master
Chad Knight digital art:

https://www.boredpanda.com/digital-a... paign=organic
Old 30-01-2020, 11:18 AM
Master
Quote:

Absolutely stunning!
Old 14-03-2020, 10:15 PM
Master
This popped up on my internet feed and I thought I would share it here!

Art that can be view virtually:

The J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles

Uffizi Gallery, Florence

MASP, São Paulo

National Museum of Anthropology, Mexico City

British Museum, London

Guggenheim Museum, New York

National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.

Musée d’Orsay, Paris

National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Seoul

Pergamon Museum, Berlin

Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam

Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam

***Also, saw the most fantastic train of graffiti on my drive home from the city. Many of the train cars were the white refrigerator card and the colors really popped!
Old 15-03-2020, 05:13 AM
Master
While channel surfing, my husband found this show, Dispatches from Elsewhere. I am not a big TV fan, but this had so much amazing art, I as hooked.