Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 01-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Master

Would you like to find out what it is like to be a Christian and also be homosexual?

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...92&postcount=1
Old 01-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Spirited

Interesting read, thank you :) - my opinion is it should be accepted, no harm is being done to anyone and as the source says you can find it in most kids before they have any reason to be aware of it themselves. It's as natural as having blue eyes!
Old 02-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Rivendoah

'I think the problem is that 'one persons spiritual law, is another person's religious bigotry' I think that as long as this is so, threads here will continue to be deleted on the subject of same-sex equality... I understand the need to to keep order and to not to allow negative stereotypes to become entrenched within topics... however, it is so import for this subject to be openly discussed... it's my belief that this is the only way to open peoples minds... otherwise the feelings remain in the closet... undiscussed and unexamined...

Though I do not know how we can do so and remain civil... because unfortunately 'one person's civil discussion is another person's hate speech'

what to do... what to do...
Old 02-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Spirited

I think in time the modern world will help religious bodies become more accepting of it, I'm not sure about the USA but on behalf of the UK I know being gay is far more accepted now than it has ever been. I know many young gay and lesbian people here, I even know of a 13yo who is openly gay through school and he has no problems at all. Many religions are far behind the rest of the world in terms of just accepting it's just the way it is. As long as its consensual and based on love in my opinion no one is to say it's wrong.. it's natural. Most members of churches in my area are down to earth and liberal and all accept gay people for who they are. I hope and pray for a day where the world will unite as ONE and not live trying to say what is wrong and what is right.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:14 PM
avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perspective
Two dear friends have died because of AIDS. One is sick now.
I have other friends and family with homosexual preferences, playing the field, who I worry about.

The tendency, as in this thread, is to only give one perspective - that of supporting homosexuality, without seeing the possible, and statistically - probable, harm & pain homosexual practices cause.
I think it's important to see as many perspectives of an issue as possible, to make the best, most healthy decisions.
So, I gave another perspective - take it or leave it. I posted it in hoping to help others make informed decisions, because I care & don't want to see more unnecessary pain, suffering & death.

Homosexual sex is not the sole cause of STDs and AIDS. I think your "concern" in that regard might be a little disingenuous. If you single out one potential cause and try to make that one potential cause out to be the source of the all these deadly diseases, without regard for the numerous other causes, then you're clearly showing a prejudice with regard to homosexual acts. It's really that simple.

Homosexual practices don't cause any more harm and pain than excessive credit card use. For those of us that know how to use credit properly, we never see the devastation that often occurs from the misuse and abuse of it. But to lament about the "harm and pain and suffering and death" of monstrous credit card debt is either falling off the deep end or just plain dishonest and weird.

Just admit you harbor antipathy towards homosexuality and begin the healing of your heart as soon as possible.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:07 AM
Spirited

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenger
Homosexual sex is not the sole cause of STDs and AIDS. I think your "concern" in that regard might be a little disingenuous. If you single out one potential cause and try to make that one potential cause out to be the source of the all these deadly diseases, without regard for the numerous other causes, then you're clearly showing a prejudice with regard to homosexual acts. It's really that simple.

Homosexual practices don't cause any more harm and pain than excessive credit card use. For those of us that know how to use credit properly, we never see the devastation that often occurs from the misuse and abuse of it. But to lament about the "harm and pain and suffering and death" of monstrous credit card debt is either falling off the deep end or just plain dishonest and weird.

Just admit you harbor antipathy towards homosexuality and begin the healing of your heart as soon as possible.

I agree. I know too many gay and lesbian people to name, friends & family and range from ages 13-65 and not one of them have died, gone through 'pain' or got AIDS. One of them got an STD but he literally slept around most nights so no shock? I know many straight people who have caught far worse than him and more often for doing the same thing with persons of opposite sex. Stuff like that is a danger and risk to everyone equally.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:28 AM
Rivendoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenger

I am beginning to really like you avenger... Your words are concise and to the point...