Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

View Poll Results: Which decade has the best music?
This one - the teens. 2 7.14%
The noughties. 0 0%
90's 6 21.43%
80's 6 21.43%
70's 8 28.57%
60's 4 14.29%
50's 2 7.14%
Before that. 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2016, 02:20 PM
Master
In my opinion I believe the late 70's - early 80's was the best. I enjoy dancing and the funk and disco that came out of this error really made me want to get on the dance floor. Ok, my age is showing now.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:22 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
The decades of the new millennium are not doing very well.

They've run out of possibilities in the "pop" industry is why. It's now regurgitating old stuff having fallen back to the default "soul" styles.

It's gone back to "cover versions" because composers are thin on the ground
and those that are about aren't original.

Since pop music has to be conservative and with the simplest of rhythms for its wide appeal there's only a limited amount you can get out of what's there. Besides, it's manufactured these days - gone are the singer-songwriters, the talented musicians. Now it's departments, committees deciding what lifestyle will sell, music as a part of that. Artists are about appearance and performance capacity. You don't have to sing in tune or anything, we have pitch-correctors for that!

(I'm VERY into music....up to the turn of this century - classical contemporary jazz rock, you name it. Wagner's a bit heavy for me but I'm ok with the rest. The mid years 1930-1980 were fabulous for American and Australian contemporary classical music.)

Old 09-09-2016, 05:04 PM
Master
I think I agree Lorelyen.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:35 PM
Pathfinder

I love all music, I sing and dance all day long must admit though not too enthusiastic about opera 🎤🎧🎸🎹
Old 22-03-2022, 12:26 AM
Ascender

I honestly can’t answer this question. I think that every decade has good music, as has every genre, and I like appreciating and listening to them all.
Old 22-03-2022, 02:29 AM
Master
The 60's &70's in my opinion for sure had the best music as well as Fahsion style. (I wasn't even born in those two eras)
Old 22-03-2022, 05:26 AM
Bambo

60s and earlier!!
Old 24-03-2022, 09:03 PM
Master
The decade that has Michael Jackson, honestly