Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 16-06-2014, 07:46 AM
Master
We should show more respect for our food animals.
Old 16-06-2014, 09:07 AM
Natasharabbit

Most consumers are unaware of the immense suffering and severe confinement of these gentle, sentient animals. In factory farms, Mother pigs are locked into small sow and gestation crates for most of their lives. These metal cages barely fit their bodies. They cannot move or even turn around. This is their life. A life of suffering.
In the dairy industry, gentle, fragile bobby calves are taken from their Mothers shorty after birth. Most are sent to veal factories. They are then locked into small veal crates, some chained and restrained by their necks. They cannot move. They cry out in fear and pain. This will be their life.
They will never see sun-light or know what it is like to be a calf. On the day they are to be slaughtered, most of them are too weak to walk to the truck.
I am always signing petitions and sending letters against these inhumane practices. If only animals could talk, what would they tell us?
Old 10-08-2014, 03:04 AM
Natasharabbit

The majority of farm animals around the world are locked away in cages, in inhumane factory farms. Their suffering is immense.
To help create a kinder world please watch and share this short animation video that is creating positive change in Australia. United together for a good cause we can create a kinder world!
http://www.makeitpossible.com/
Old 23-08-2014, 03:28 AM
Raven Poet

I kinda forgot about this thread and am so glad I remembered it, and am SO grateful for all the amazing comments here.

I can't believe I actually found the name of the documentary. It's called "Samsara". It was a visually stunning non-narration documentary with heart-stopping footage of human cultures around the globe. Some of the footage made me go, "Wow, humans are so amazingly creative and imaginative!" Other footage, like the part about the meat industry, made me go, "Wow, humans are so incredibly cruel!"

Here is the IMDB info on it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770802/
Old 23-08-2014, 03:47 AM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasharabbit
The majority of farm animals around the world are locked away in cages, in inhumane factory farms. Their suffering is immense.
To help create a kinder world please watch and share this short animation video that is creating positive change in Australia. United together for a good cause we can create a kinder world!
http://www.makeitpossible.com/
Dear Natasharabbit: Thank you SO VERY much for posting this! I admit, I had to skip past a few parts - being highly sensitive I get messed up even just witnessing the suffering of others. But I loved the image of the woman petting the chicken and the sweet pig with the pretty pink necklace! I shared this on my FB page and made a pledge to refuse to buy factory farmed products. Cuz if every dollar I as a consumer spend counts as a "vote" for or against something, I am choosing to "vote" for a kinder more compassionate life for animals, and I want to be remembered as a kind, compassionate consumer. Thanks again!
Old 23-08-2014, 03:56 AM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dove
Hi, One of my favourite sites is www.care2.com . You will see find there petitions you can sign to do with animal welfare and other things (its also easy to start up ones own petition from there too on anything).

This site has the bonus too that with each petition someone signs there, it gives points and then one can with those points choose something to donate for a charity (eg food for an animal in a shelter, trees, land for endangered animals etc)
Hi, sea-dove! I checked this out too. Really fabulous website. Shared it on my FB too. Cool thing is, I work in public education and a number of my friends are caring and socially/ethically conscious teachers who bring their ethics into their classrooms and support their students to become educated consumers and ethical citizens too.

Wouldn't it be amazing if the factory/mass producing farming industry was completely shut down because the majority of the consumer world stopped buying their trauma-laced and cruelty-based products?
Old 23-08-2014, 03:19 PM
Natasharabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Poet
Dear Natasharabbit: Thank you SO VERY much for posting this! I admit, I had to skip past a few parts - being highly sensitive I get messed up even just witnessing the suffering of others. But I loved the image of the woman petting the chicken and the sweet pig with the pretty pink necklace! I shared this on my FB page and made a pledge to refuse to buy factory farmed products. Cuz if every dollar I as a consumer spend counts as a "vote" for or against something, I am choosing to "vote" for a kinder more compassionate life for animals, and I want to be remembered as a kind, compassionate consumer. Thanks again!

That is wonderful news! Thanks for sharing the video and being a voice for the dear animals that need our compassion and help so much! A kinder world is in our future, people just need to realize that their daily choices have power to create change.

Amazing, check this out!
After falling in love with 'Esther' their pet pig, then witnessing how animals are treated in inhumane factory farms, these 2 guys are now building a Sanctuary for pigs in Canada. They are amazing! That's what I call 'Love in Action'
Esther the wonder pig sanctuary is receiving so much support from the public. She has a huge FB following! There are so many amazing people in the world creating a kinder world! So inspiring!
http://www.estherthewonderpig.com/