Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > UFOs

Old 01-05-2011, 11:30 PM
Master
People talk like this, but wouldn't it be cool when you or I could walk down the street or watch people at a park or in a mall and whisper to each other "there's one,' etc. But I sure can't, not yet anyway, lol.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:58 PM
sruthy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4HgKrTEaZI

check it out guys...
Old 02-05-2011, 03:58 AM
Scibat

Quote:
aliens walk among us already, just wait till you meet one, they are quite advanced beyond the ken of a majority of humans, and are quite a bit more spiritually realized as well, and while we may be much like insects in comparison to them, we havent been eradicated yet, so why think that we would be?

Meaning no disrespect, I don't believe in that. If there is proof that aliens walk among us however, I would love to see it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
Do most of us actively search out insects to squash?

No, but if a mosquito or a fly lands on you, don't you try to swat it? Get rid of a fire ant hill in the yard? Kill ants and roaches that get into your home? Just saying, if that is all we are to an alien intelligence why would they not casually obliterate us like we do bugs?

This is just an academic thread for me, so I hope nobody here is thinking I am actually expecting aliens to show up and destroy us all. I was just intrigued at what Stephan Hawking and some other scientists seem to think might happen if aliens do come to Earth.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:11 AM
NetSeeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat
This is just an academic thread for me, so I hope nobody here is thinking I am actually expecting aliens to show up and destroy us all.

Perhaps not, but your thoughts do seem to focus more on the assumptions that aliens would think of us as insects and then do away with us. There's little sense in worrying about something that's not happening yet

I'm pretty sure that a race of beings that has survived long enough to achieve such advancements as interstellar travel, like was said earlier, has a social structure which wouldn't allow for randomly eradicating other races. They should be able to understand that they too went through phases where, if there had been other alien races observing them, they would have seemed worthy or eradication.

Now, that doesn't mean that they would become our best friends straight away, but they would be neutral at the very least.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Master
Quote:
A lot of scientists seem to think if aliens to actually come to Earth that they will be so advanced that to them we will be like insects, and treated about the same way.

Or a better example the way the first Europeans treated the native American peoples when they arrived, like primitive savages to be used and exploited.

Stephan Hawking is one of the scientists who supports this view. http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2010/04/scientist_stephen_hawking_thin.html

What do you think?

If one was so advanced that they just squashed people because they could they would not be advanced at all. They would be just as primitive as those that they are squishing. If they were as advanced as they were claimed to be there would really be no need to be in such places, unless they were just visiting because they were bored.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Felynx

I think some are already here and if and when they human race gets largely wiped out, there will be more. This planet will make a pretty little outpost, considering its size. I also think that they will definitely be more advanced, but beyond such a technological way. Look at how we've destroyed ourselves? Theyve evolved beyond wrecking their planet for pretty consumerism. Thus I think the planet will be better off without humanity anyways. Sorry to be a wet noodle.

And innerlight, whos to say that being evolved necessarily means living in "harmony" with everything? Wouldnt not a bear swat at your face and try to kill you if you came to hug it in its home? Though they would be the instigators, death, even murder, is a part of existance. Sure it isnt nice, and most people would agree that murder is bad, but reality doesnt think so. The creator never comes out and says "Stop this madness!". We have the freedom to do what we will with no set parameters of right and wrong. The same goes for any other species out there. Right and wrong only exist in our perceptions of right and wrong.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:32 PM
midnightstar

I was watching a program yesterday, the latest theory is that aliens interbred with the neanderthals to create modern day humans (Our DNA proves that apparently)
Old 02-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautydylan
I was watching a program yesterday, the latest theory is that aliens interbred with the neanderthals to create modern day humans (Our DNA proves that apparently)

ROF****

SSH (Side Splitting Hilarity)

~0000000000000000000000000000000000~

OK, to the doomedness.

There is a race out there called the Trafalmadoreans. Generally speaking, they are a peacekeeping bunch...but my god, they are the clumsiest race I've ever come across.

They are hopeless at navigation and are prone to bumping into planets as if they are signposts...

I fear it's only a matter of time before they cause a human wipeout (doom) due to their clumsiness. They'll be on their way to planet Zog and the UniNav will tell them to turn left at planet Earth, so they'll use Earth as a 'corner' and bounce off us.

It's possible.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felynx
I think some are already here and if and when they human race gets largely wiped out, there will be more. This planet will make a pretty little outpost, considering its size. I also think that they will definitely be more advanced, but beyond such a technological way. Look at how we've destroyed ourselves? Theyve evolved beyond wrecking their planet for pretty consumerism. Thus I think the planet will be better off without humanity anyways. Sorry to be a wet noodle.

And innerlight, whos to say that being evolved necessarily means living in "harmony" with everything? Wouldnt not a bear swat at your face and try to kill you if you came to hug it in its home? Though they would be the instigators, death, even murder, is a part of existance. Sure it isnt nice, and most people would agree that murder is bad, but reality doesnt think so. The creator never comes out and says "Stop this madness!". We have the freedom to do what we will with no set parameters of right and wrong. The same goes for any other species out there. Right and wrong only exist in our perceptions of right and wrong.

It's the thoughts that humanity is a blight, and that it should be wiped out that create the fear based belief that someone would come down and wipe out humans. Which will always paint a fear based belief of Aliens, and any contact between us and them.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Meaning no disrespect, I don't believe in that. If there is proof that aliens walk among us however, I would love to see it!

No, but if a mosquito or a fly lands on you, don't you try to swat it? Get rid of a fire ant hill in the yard? Kill ants and roaches that get into your home? Just saying, if that is all we are to an alien intelligence why would they not casually obliterate us like we do bugs?

This is just an academic thread for me, so I hope nobody here is thinking I am actually expecting aliens to show up and destroy us all. I was just intrigued at what Stephan Hawking and some other scientists seem to think might happen if aliens do come to Earth.
you would have to meet one...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi