Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation > Walk-Ins/Soul Exchanges

Old 13-03-2011, 11:26 PM
Knower

Makes no sense

If you are born with a soul then that soul will be you right?

If that soul leaves for some reason and another soul jumps in then what exactly is that soul? Will it become the new entire you? Will you after you die become that soul or will you simply jump back into being the original soul which was originally you in this physical life and not benefited from this life at all?

If that would have happened then you would be living in absolute non purpose, only serving for the benefit of another soul.
Old 13-03-2011, 11:36 PM
glenos

Another soul cant jump in. They are able to draw close and have an effect if for whatever reason one is susceptable.
You remain you for eons until you merge into the God head (so they say)
Old 19-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Master
I was born Joanne and became Jo.

Jo was a bigger and stronger personality than Joanne was! Joanne wouldn't have survived without her!

Someone came along and trampled on Jo tho and one day she left!

Joanne was lost, didn't know what to do, almost gave up and then fought to come back!

With what Jo had taught her she learnt to survive, enjoy life, learn new experiences and the most important thing learn who she really was.

I'll never forget Jo, nor will I stop using her name, I'm grateful for the experience!

Things could have been so much more different!

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 23-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Serenity Bear

Its not that you become a totally different person,but almost a different aspect of the same personality. Like you go from lacking confident to being extra confident, but its like your a different person it comes so suddenly.

Your still that original soul but not - its a bit hard to explain, its just like your not the old you, but the new you.
Old 23-03-2011, 05:15 PM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
Another soul cant jump in. They are able to draw close and have an effect if for whatever reason one is susceptable.
You remain you for eons until you merge into the God head (so they say)

What about walk-ins? From what I've read, walk-ins become the new soul. The one who was replaced leaves. The walk-in often exhibits different likes/dislikes and acts like a totally different person.
Old 23-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by deztini3
If you are born with a soul then that soul will be you right?

If that soul leaves for some reason and another soul jumps in then what exactly is that soul? Will it become the new entire you? Will you after you die become that soul or will you simply jump back into being the original soul which was originally you in this physical life and not benefited from this life at all?

If that would have happened then you would be living in absolute non purpose, only serving for the benefit of another soul.

It might be difficult to understand, as long you identify with the human body, or the body/mind system. It might help, if you understand how a soul connects with a physical body via spirit, and how it disconnects.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:33 AM
Knower

This is like making 2 plus 2 too complicated.
Old 14-09-2011, 03:41 AM
Zann

Hi deztini3,

From what I understand walk-ins are when for whatever reason (illness, accident, etc.) the original soul moves on and a new soul works out their own path and challenges in the same body. I've heard of the new soul not knowing a thing about the switch as well as being conscious of it.

Personally not sure if I totally believe/understand all this. My aunt says her brother became(?) a walk-in after he was in a car accident that left him partially paralyzed, and he is not the same person as before. It may be a walk-in, or a change in personality due to the accident, its anyone's guess...
Old 14-09-2011, 04:07 AM
mattie

Walk-Ins

We are the soul/spirit, not the physical body. The physical body is an integral part of us for this lifetime though.

There is such a think as a walk-in where another soul takes over a body, but this is fairly uncommon & done by co-operation between both parties. In the case of a walk-in, the new soul isn’t the new you. You are the departed soul who is now nonphysical.

It is erroneous that in the case of being the soul who vacated w/ a walk-in situation that the vacating soul wouldn’t benefit from what they learned in this lifetime. This would presume that for them to benefit it would be needed for the physical body to die. It is incorrect that if we do a walk-in w/ another soul that we would be ‘only serving for the benefit of another soul.’ This is a co-operative experience. Neither soul is dominate. It’s not like the soul remaining w/ the body has run out or conquered the former soul who has submitted to it.
Old 14-09-2011, 07:46 AM
Maiya

I’ve only read about it and it gave me shivers to begin with. I don’t remember the actual details but it went something like this.

Take a serious accident where someone has been hurt and is unconscious and perhaps even close to death. It seems that there are many souls simply awaiting the opportunity to ‘jump’ into a body. Often the person will recover but it seems those closest to them will say that he has changed so much, he’s not the same person.

Regardless of how many earthly experiences a soul may have had, all souls here are young souls and can be compared to children from a young age to young adults. Coming here for them is like an educational school outing, a fun adventure.

An accident as described above may ’jolt’ the soul with something like ‘fear’ and send it back ‘home’ giving another the opportunity to ‘jump’ into that body.

It seems the soul experience is the important thing. Sorry but the body is secondary, merely a vessel. That’s not to say that we bodies aren’t important too. We have been given a life to live - a very precious gift. We can’t have one without the other. And we can be as happy as we make up our mind to be.

Those who are spiritually aware choose to live a happy life, taking care of themselves and their soul requirements.

Anyway it was an interesting read many years ago. Simplifying my life and calming my mind through meditation works just fine for me today.