Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 18-05-2012, 05:49 AM
suchadreamer

Can someone please help. Having a rough time :(

Hey Everyone.

I have recently had a spiritual awakening after a long depression which I am still somewhat suffering through. I am trying to learn how to read tarot cards for some sort of guidance in my life.

I am wanting to start a completely new life and every spread I did for myself the wheel of fortune card was pulled. Its the only card that made an appearance in every single reading.

At first I thought this was a good thing but from what I am reading this could be a bad thing? All of the other cards I pulled were generally good and had to do with change and prosperity.

Also the person I love just left me for someone else. I did a one card reading on us and pulled the 2 of cups. I originally thought that was good and it looked like we may have a relationship again in the future but just found out that he is marrying this other woman in August.

If anyone who is experienced could give me any advice that would be wonderful :) I have been struggling a bit lately and feel very alone at times.

Also I felt very exhausted after doing the readings and fell asleep shortly after and slept for the whole day almost. Is this normal?? I never take naps ever so it was just really strange as I flt fine before the readings.

Old 18-05-2012, 07:55 AM
Master
Firstly, suchadreamer, don't take the tarot as absolute gospel proof of anything. The tarot shows you possibilities, things that might be, not what WILL be.
Secondly, it's not a good idea to read for yourself. Your self-readings will generally be either over-optimistic or over-pessimistic.

Now, to the WHEEL. I use a tarot based on pagan mythology, so the Wheel of Fortune becomes just The Wheel.
The Wheel talks about the passage of the seasons, the natural ebbs and flows of Life and the Universe. It talks about things that will happen in their own time, not when you want them - people working with the land know this instinctively - example, lambs will be born when they are due, not when is convenient for you.
Reading further into the Wheel. Your past determines your present, and your present shapes your future. It also talks about consequences - whatever you do has consequences which are your responsibility. This is the meaning of Karma !
The best advice given by the Wheel is to be sensitive to the ebb and flow of changes around you, and go with the currents. Don't try to swim against the current.
Hope this gives you some ideas . The Wheel is not a negative card but a reminder that the universe in general has tides and currents and we would be well advised not to fight against them.
Old 18-05-2012, 08:09 AM
Stillness_Speaks

Drop the tarot cards and go out jogging
Old 18-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillness_Speaks
Drop the tarot cards and go out jogging

Such beautiful wisdom go out, enjoy yourself and live life
Old 18-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchadreamer
Hey Everyone.

I have recently had a spiritual awakening after a long depression which I am still somewhat suffering through. I am trying to learn how to read tarot cards for some sort of guidance in my life.

I am wanting to start a completely new life and every spread I did for myself the wheel of fortune card was pulled. Its the only card that made an appearance in every single reading.

At first I thought this was a good thing but from what I am reading this could be a bad thing? All of the other cards I pulled were generally good and had to do with change and prosperity.

Also the person I love just left me for someone else. I did a one card reading on us and pulled the 2 of cups. I originally thought that was good and it looked like we may have a relationship again in the future but just found out that he is marrying this other woman in August.

If anyone who is experienced could give me any advice that would be wonderful :) I have been struggling a bit lately and feel very alone at times.

Also I felt very exhausted after doing the readings and fell asleep shortly after and slept for the whole day almost. Is this normal?? I never take naps ever so it was just really strange as I flt fine before the readings.

I would have to agree to leave the tarot for now. I would also suggest on working towards being happy by yourself first.. Which includes exploring things you enjoy doing and making yourself do them..Also, our mindset is most important..so if we think happy things than more than likely we will be happy..So I would say incorporate things you enjoy doing and do them and you find additional individuals to hang out with in that process that like what you like.. Second, dont entertain negative thoughts.. as you get one try to replace it with a positive thought.. this takes practise but, the more you practise the better you will be at it and you will also feel much better throughout the day..

Wishing you the best.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!