Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 20-03-2012, 12:56 PM
BlueOwl

Oracle recommendations

I am after a new set of oracle cards and was looking for some recommendations. At the moment I have 2 sets by doreen virtue which are the fairy ones and messages from you Angels. I am after something different to these two and not another Angel theme. What would you recommend?
Old 20-03-2012, 03:09 PM
Quintessence

Depends entirely on what you're into and what niches you feel are vacant in your deck suite. Something different from fairy/angel still leaves you with a stupidly large amount of possibilities. If you want a good place to dig around for tarot/oracle decks, though, I recommend The Tarot Garden Database. Hit "advanced search" and take a look at their categories. See what strikes your fancy and browse through.
Old 20-03-2012, 03:18 PM
MyGirlFriday

You could also check out Aeclectic Tarot Forum for some ideas as well. They have a section about oracle cards that is really helpful.

Danielle
Old 20-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Trieah

I've been having a lot of success with Colette Baron-Reid's decks. There are three of them that I know of and all are very accurate: The Wisdom of the Hidden Realms, The Wisdom of Avalon and The Enchanted Map. They're different enough from Doreen's decks in that they will actually let you know when there is a problem coming up or something that needs to be faced, instead of being all fluffy goodness. So in my opinion, they're more accurate to how the real world is, but nothing so overly "negative" that it's going to cause a panic. More like a heads up about a potential problem and how to handle it in the best possible manor.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:25 AM
Sandoz13

I have a lot of Doreen Virtue decks and my favorite one of hers will always be the "Angel Therapy" deck. I am very picky about the artwork since I read more clairvoyantly and the images in that deck are THE best she's had. It works for me. I also like the Psychic Tarot Oracle deck. It works as an oracle although its based on the tradition tarot.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Experiencer
An interesting set of cards you might want to to look at is 'Soul lessons and Soul Purpose Oracle Cards" by Sonia Choquette.
http://www.enchantedoracles.com/Cards/SoulLessons.html
Old 12-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Experiencer

The Faerie Oracle by Brian Froud. The imagery of the cards just pulls at your heart strings and has so much meaning in them if you observe them closely. Plus I love how the deck reads like tarot cards with "reversed" meanings.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:03 PM
angelwhispers

I recommend the enchanted map oracle. It is my fav oracle deck. I also just pucked up doreens angel tarot deck though i know you said you didn't want another angel theme. I just like them since they are tarot based.
Old 16-05-2012, 09:02 PM
OceanSoul

One of my favorite decks is Mermaids and Dolphins by Gillian Kemp. I do love mermaids so I may be biased, but of all the oracles I've tried it is the most specific and accurate I've used yet. Check it out :)
Old 16-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Quagmire

Goddess Guidance would be very good for you