Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 03-09-2014, 03:02 PM
Guide

Thanks Baile.

I didn't end up updating this diary over the last few days. My cycle has been a disaster, in some cases so much that I didn't even know how to write it down. Yesterday, my physical activity was high and technology usage not so much. My body was tired, but still my brain wouldn't shut down until around 6am. Soon enough, I was waking up hourly again.

Part of the problem that I have with, for example, not eating past 6-7pm, is that my lifestyle is not going to allow that. And I know some people have no problems with eating late, so I'm not necessarily going to change that. However, the whole point of this diary was to perhaps find small changes in sleep with small changes in lifestyle. As mentioned in my original post, I've tried pretty much everything, except being consistent. Of course, as pointed out by others, this is a long standing habit that's going to take time to change.

So, I've decided not to continue with this sleep diary. I need to push myself as hard as I can in restoring balance in my life in all areas. I can't give up after a week. I will gradually implement some of your suggestions, Baile, which sound like good ideas, and with any luck, something will change. It's interesting that you should mention news sources, because I was just thinking recently about people who cut the news out of their lives. The negativity is not doing me any good.

I may not post a full on diary, but I'll post updates on my progress.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Dragon
As mentioned in my original post, I've tried pretty much everything, except being consistent. Of course, as pointed out by others, this is a long standing habit that's going to take time to change.
Secret: "Habits" have to do with habits of belief and perspective, and not habits involving consistency and being consistent. Being consistent and staying on track is easy once the belief habit is transformed.
Old 22-10-2014, 04:32 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Dragon

Yesterday, I took a 7.5mg Zopiclone at midnight. As far as I remember, I slept straight for somewhere between four to six hours. However, the tiredness was so strong all day long that I continued to wake up and return to sleep until 4pm. So, I was basically in bed for 16 hours.

Hi Sunset Dragon,

Do you mind sharing your experience on all sleeping pills? My friend who is a nurse did suggest that I should try Zopiclone.

My body does not respond to western medication well. I had tried over-the-counter sleeping pills, but it caused more misery than rest. Last night I tried 25mg of Trazodone and ended up puking for a long time in the middle of the night. Strangely, I didn't feel the sedating effect of it at all.

Aside from addressing my sleep problem at the physical level (diet, exercise, hobby (technology), etc), I am also trying to address it at the emotional, mental, and spiritual levels.

W.
Old 22-10-2014, 09:55 PM
Guide

Hello Wanchain,

If I'm very tired, Zopiclone will initially give me about 3 - 6 hours of unbroken sleep, but as mentioned previously, I basically don't feel rested even after that. Over the days, they work less and less for me.

I do get one particular side effect each and every time, and that's memory loss. It can get to the point where I'm mixing up people's names, and making a lot of mistakes. This is even after a short period of use. Fortunately, the memory loss goes away once I stop taking them.

Give them a try if you're ok with taking the risks. They're actually quite a common and popular choice of sleeping pill.
Old 24-10-2014, 12:49 PM
Master
Sunset Dragon - I empathize with your plight to find adequate sleep! It sounds similar to my story. I have been an insomniac for many years. I use to just get up at 3AM and play with Tarot cards or just stare at the ceiling until I would finally fall asleep just before the alarm would go off. That's always a bummer. I've taken sleeping pills for years and recently have added 15 mg of melatonin. Yep, 15 mg on top of a sleeping pill. But it still takes me an hour to get to sleep and I generally wake up 2-3 times a night. I don't snore and I don't have sleep apnea. It's just the way I'm wired which is something I've grown to accept. I'm not suggesting people should take sleep aids, but for me taking nothing is futile because no sleep at all is the result of taking nothing. Looks like you've received some good feedback. I only have one suggestion and that is trying out a wave machine and eliminating any light in the room by using room-darkening shades. It's something. Good luck with your sleep Sunset Dragon.

Blackraven
Old 24-10-2014, 01:26 PM
Knower

Lifestyle is the most important part of getting a good night sleep. The most important is, a routine of going to bed and getting up at the same time every day. You can not stay in bed for 16 hours and expect to get a good night sleep. If you can't get to sleep after 30 minutes get out of bed and try some light activity eg. reading for a hour. The light from computers, television and tablets can suppress melatonin production and also can be stimulating rather than relaxing. A cool dark room, no loud noise, comfortable bed, no exercising or eating heavy meal close to bedtime are very important.

Amitriptyline (Elavil) works well to help with insomnia at very low doses (20mg) if all else fails.
Old 25-10-2014, 02:04 AM
Guide

Thanks BlackRaven.

Florence, thanks for the suggestions. I was prescribed Amitriptyline last year for depression/anxiety, but it made a lot of things worse, so I had to stop taking it. It didn't help my sleep either.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:26 PM
geeeaidan

Too much carbohydrate in your diet can cause problems sleeping