Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 07-07-2022, 10:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
Because if eternal hell did exist, then the creator would have a serious mental problem.
What kind of mind would conceive of eternal hell punishing? And would the punishment ever fit the crime? In human punishment the worst you get get is life or death in prison. I think maybe 100,00 years of punishing would drive a human insane, and that's if they survive past 50,00 years. Think about it, could a human survive 1 million years of punishing? Would a God allow such madness? How about a trillion years of this horrible belief?

How about an eternity of pain? For 70 years of unbelief 100 trillion quad drillion 8000 trillions times 777 more billion years! On into infinity.

And people seriously believe this. This is how far belief can evolve to protect traditional beliefs.
Old 07-07-2022, 12:07 PM
Master
To examine the belief in hell is intriguing, much less disturbing. Dante's version gained popularity, but I prefer my own imo. I examine what the inner realities of it are suggesting. It's stunning! Bear in mind it's eternal, everlasting, which I wonder if God, or the angels assigned, or demons in charge, who will run hell? Will it run itself? Someone has to know, maybe it is banished into a whole nother dimension? You know, like a higher form of garbage dump for no good beings? I think wherever it is, it's going to be a very dangerous place. Why? Well for one thing, in my opinion, if a human survives past the one trillion year mark, let's speculate that it's 50 billion humans banished there, you got all these people surviving this incredible existence, in my view it's impossible for them to no longer be human, no human, in reality, could survive past- let's give it 500 years and that's VERY generous. No, by now they have got to be super sufferers with incredible strength and power to keep living for stunning increasing billions and billions of continuing suffering and endure it without suffering death from their injuries. Given that, and it's no other honest way to evaluate it imo, these inhuman things are now formidable super humanoids who I know maybe 25 billion of them may be mad at God and certainly hold enough power to escape and maybe find us in the new universe.

Now maybe God knows that and will place a billion archangels there to guard the portal so none of them can escape. Okay let's say in another speculation that escape from hell is impossible , which I don't believe in my imagination, any being that can survive ten trillion years of continual punishing has to be more powerful than an angel. If a mere human lifted weights for 7000 years how strong would they become? If I handled every kind of punishing imaginable that you keep throwing at me, you think I'll get weaker or stronger? Come on now please, you must consider this, especially if you believe it. A stupid human can escape physical jails here on earth, don't you think if a mind, any consciousness, that can consciously endure unending punishing, without going insane , has to now be a super conscious thing. I mean a poor miserable thing, but still a formidable thing with some kind of feelings? I mean why punish them if they can't feel it, we want them to feel the pain right? No passing out is allowed. No breaks, no sleeping, you can cry and shout as much as you want, hey, who's enforcing the rules in hell?

Can they take breaks? Maybe let them rest for a year? Wait, no! No mercy in hell. Can they eat, three square meals a day? Or do we starve them every 400 years then feed them just enough to give them 400 more years of strength? Can they hold office in hell and govern themselves? You know, president of hell, governor of hell, mayor of hell? Any social life in hell? Can they watch movies? How about go swimming every now and then,a break from swimming in the lake of fire?

Will saints in the kingdom be allowed to visit their children in hell ---- Wait, what's the matter with me, where's my sense of torture? No mercy at all! Im sorry, even in speculation I kind of feel sorry for this whole thing;

I think I'll request an audience with Christ and try to get some help for these pitiful beings. Well no, maybe not, I might get thrown in hell for feeling sorry for hell.
Old 07-07-2022, 03:26 PM
Master
Talk about general beliefs , imo this eternal misery for non religious people having such a determined fate , you hope it's just not a true understanding. Not to knock another's belief, but I just get tired of the doomsday view of humanity's survival rate. It's like unbelievers in the popular dominant religions are civilians in a war where only the military survives.
Old 31-07-2022, 07:36 PM
jaminhealth

I've not read MOST here but I think I get the gist, since I believe heaven and hell are right here and I'm into my 84th yr, no damnation stuff in my mind for when I stop breathing. .
Old 01-08-2022, 06:03 PM
Master
Because we live in a universe where pain is realised and is real!

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 01-08-2022, 06:12 PM
Ascender
Why would Satan burn us in hell for eternity for not following god?
Old 16-08-2022, 01:33 AM
Newbie ;)

If Hell exists, it's packed full of people who think they were sent there by mistake.
Old 16-08-2022, 08:56 PM
Ascender

Hell wasn't really a place of eternal suffering in Christianity until sometime in the 18th century, I believe. Father FX Schouppe published a delightful little tome titled "The Dogma of Hell". The old testament speaks of Gehenna, The Valley Hinnom (modern day name) which was an actual physical place in Jerusalem and later became synonymous with the Christian Hell. The actual place Gehenna was a garbage site. It was were the corpses of criminals, dead animals and garbage was thrown. There were actual fires too. Cremation and garbage fires. I imagine it was a terribly unpleasant place to see (and smell) and no one hung around any longer than they needed to do so. I imagine it had a scary post apocalyptic look to it with the dead thrown here and there and fires and smoke and piles of bones that were picked clean by the scavengers. A place that would give someone nightmares if they went. And probably why early Christian leaders grabbed onto the story to make their flock afraid to sin and get out of line.

I don't believe there is a spiritual hell where the wicked are punished. I believe there is a lower astral plane where those who feel they deserve punishment may go. But in reality they can leave any time they wish and there are souls dedicated to try and help those lost souls out of there.

Last edited by Traveler : 17-08-2022 at 04:25 AM.