Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 26-06-2012, 11:04 PM
she who plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
She who plays, what about the Dakinis? http://www.exoticindiaart.com/dakini.htm

Sky Dancers Extraodinaire!

Great article! I love Tibet. Really explains a lot and it helped me fill in some blank spots in my thinking. It mentions the Mother's womb, and how for a period the baby remains genderless. So there is an actual biological example to support why the feminine is closely identified with paradox. And the emptiness of the womb has a parallel with the zero point, and all its portals or 'worm holes' (Which actually exist inside each individual object and creature).

Beautiful.
Old 26-06-2012, 11:21 PM
she who plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
It can be argued that the sexes are not equal. It used to be considered that the masculine is superior to the feminine. But if one leaves superiority out of the equation then one can discuss more objectively. Many old religions considered the divine feminine to be the ORIGINAL sex. One which gave birth to masculininity. One from which masculinity emerged.

If Femininity is considered the SOURCE from which all other creation came then the sexes are not equal. Femininity is then primary and masculinity is secondary. I'm wondering if this is possibly true?

Is femininity God?

@Humm:

Thanks very much. :-) I may check it out.

@Honza:

Sometimes it really feels that way to me. It's weird... the feminine just defines me so completely that I wonder about what exactly the place of the masculine is. Maybe in millions of years we will all evolve to be asexual.

Hmm.. But the sexual split is necessary for God's love to hold things together, but also for the survival of the human race. It's not elegant to think one is superior than the other due to how much 'cosmic weight' has been put on Women's shoulders.

I like to think of it as a ratio.. maybe the woman, and the feminine is heavier than the man. But weight is not an indication of superiority.

We should save The Goddess from the undignified mess of western dogmatic privaliging of one gender. Let us not appease the feminists. Let us just allow her true, heavy nature to shine in everyone. And with heavy comes light, naturally.

The problem for me with a dual idea of a God (Represented as human figures) and a Goddess is because it subtlety privelages social marriage and domesticism. Along with this are many hegemonic ideas of how life should be. So this is why I only say there is ONE, and to me it comes in a female form. This one transforms into MANY while still remaining one. Thus we are all independent, yet inextricably connected. It's not a matter of superiority to me. Superiority goes against everything she stands for.
Old 26-06-2012, 11:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by she who plays
I like to think of it as a ratio.. maybe the woman, and the feminine is heavier than the man. But weight is not an indication of superiority.

I was saying we ought to leave superiority out of the equation. But we ought to be honest as to whether we believe that femininity is the primary sex and masculinity the secondary sex. If femininity is the source then it is naturally the primary sex. From which masculinity is emitted.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 27-06-2012, 12:34 AM
she who plays

But with primary/secondary... isn't that just a more diplomatic way of saying superior/inferior? Wouldn't first class be nicer than second? First class stamps get it there faster. Faster wins the race..

I think that the cosmic womb does not discriminate between things... just as a mother loves all her children equally (we hope!). So the womb does not know of this male-female! Yet it also does. What I'm saying though is that if her true nature is not based on distinction, she can't be said to be superior to anything. She doesn't have a position.

This all goes back to energy-consciousness (Or the Harlot-Virgin-Mother). Maybe light did come from darkness. Maybe light was a potential resting in the womb. So if you associate light/energy with the divine masculine then I can see your point. That's logical. Chicken from the egg. For me though... I associate female-male (virgin-harlot or harlot-virgin) with energy and light. And female-male with dark energy and the unconscious. Because is male and female are linked, they go everywhere; into darkness and into light. The virgin is a potential harlot, and the harlot always remains pure and clean in the circumference of the virgin.

So what is goddess? ultimately she is positive energy-consciousness and negative energy-consciousness. That's the +- female-male right? One is empty, the other is the 'doer'. But both are light and both are dark! This is because you cannot divide them. It's always a pair. And beyond that? The Mother is the womb holding her virgin-harlot daughter. Yet the virgin-harlot is also the knight-b*****d, or the dark knight; same idea of light and dark together. So also, the daughter IS the son. The Maiden-Nymph is the Female-Male/Male-Female. And that means the Mother has to also be the Father because that is NON-DUAL, and impossible to describe. I never use the word 'father' to describe it. Never. But I still know that Mother is Father and Father, Mother. If you are truly describing non-duality then this has to be so. Yet I do emphasize femininity, and that emphasis is fine, as long as you understand how things are out there in the cosmos.

On Earth it's slightly different. I love women, but true women are quite rare in this society. Maybe we should try to structure society around women instead of men. Maybe we would all be happier that way. But I'm not talking about feminism. Matriarchy used to be the way society was.
Old 27-06-2012, 02:21 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Everyone:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetSeeker
Femininity. It's something I struggle with. I'm not interested in 'girly' stuff although I do like the color pink.

I'd rather focus on the 'driving force behind the family unit' type of femininity than the 'fluffy, softness' kind.

I like this post.

I am of 3/4 Nordic decent and the Goddesses I worship are Warriors and Healers/Rulers and Lovers/Mystic and Magickal.

Women are both giving and fierce.

I honor and revere the Holy (Universal) Maternal Force that connects and binds us all.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...
Old 27-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Neville

Anyhow back to the subtext, Theres no need to chain oneself spiritually the railings of Downing Street because the right to vote has already been got.

Longsince in fact. I'm thinking Venus of Willendorf. The Divine Mother has the womb room, The Mortar...But the seed, well thats a matter for a different source. The Pestle.

The Mother has a special place, doubtlessly...Well I love her anyway..but could she be a Mother without,,,finish that sentence of yourself

Sure she is divine, but then so is he....After a fashion .
Old 27-06-2012, 10:02 PM
Master
Neville, that depends on whether the male is an extension of the female or not.

If you reverse the story from the bible about woman being made from Adams rib.....what if the male was made from a part of femininity?

On another note: does anyone believe that the divine feminine should be called I AM? It just does not seem to suit it IMO.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 27-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Neville

Hello Jan.

This does bring me neatly back to my initial opined assertion that the two are interdependent and therefore prevalance cannot be really attributed to either the feminine or the masculine because neither would flourish without the other. Much the same as a day needs a night to be complete.

As to which came first..wel that'd be another chicken or the egg conundrum.. You cant have a birth without a seed and you cant have no seed if you are not born.

The divine feminine is I imagine an I AM to those who worship the Goddess.. In much the same way as God is I AM to those of God... I think we are most likely the product of both God and Goddess or on a physical level Mum and Dad, just another way life imitates or rather is creation in action.

I have never really been able to focus solely on either the Mother or the Father seperately and have always accepted them both to be creation together. All the evidence, spiritually and physically suggests to me that both aspects work in unison. Male femail. Yin and Yang. I dont doubt that because of the dynamic nature of creation each has to do its fair share of being to the fore and in the back ground .. But these fluctuations are to be expected to augment the frisson, the spark, the dynamism that creation is.
Old 27-06-2012, 11:48 PM
she who plays

Firstly, there's bound to still be some historical reaction to Christianity/The Church's (In whoever's name) 'takeover' of the Mother religion. This is normal. A lot of people need to heal.

Secondly.. I already neatly explained my thoughts on your pestle & mortar analogy.
I also accepted the 'subtext', and checked and centered myself accordingly, explaining how a true Goddess-centered spirituality is not about priveleging women, but is in fact probably the most genderless and outrageously free spirituality there is. The mother IS the father, and the father IS the mother.

Also, did you know that it is actually possible for a woman to get pregnant by simply desiring and focusing on a baby? Law of attraction. No semen necessary. Although it will never replace the simpler method of conception, I just thought I'd mention it.

And yin and yang. Women have both yin and yang. Men have both yin and yang. It's not yin yang. It's yin-yang-yang-yin, and then also the reverse, yang-yin-yin-yang. Then the two together = paradox! That's God, or whatever your personal name is for divinity.

But I've already explained my position quite clearly. There is no God without a thinking subject.
Old 28-06-2012, 12:00 AM
she who plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Neville, that depends on whether the male is an extension of the female or not.

If you reverse the story from the bible about woman being made from Adams rib.....what if the male was made from a part of femininity?

On another note: does anyone believe that the divine feminine should be called I AM? It just does not seem to suit it IMO.

Hi Honza,

I don't use 'I AM' either. I've been using 'YES' for her. YES is total acceptance, and a blissful exclamation. :-)