Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 22-11-2017, 03:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
Hmmm, you ask some difficult questions. I'm happy with where I'm at spiritually for now. I want to learn more though and be somewhere else 5 years from now. I just like knowledge, I don't think anything is missing spiritually. I'm a natural detective and I never stop trying to understand stuff (even though I know I only understand a little, and will not gain much in the big picture of things).
So you've a naturally curious mind and you enjoy learning new things - that's a good way to be, cool
Quote:
Materially, that's a whole other story.. lots is missing. I'm trying to be happy in the moment, anyway, without all my material needs met. And I'm working on improving that, but I can't rely on any future hope to put my happiness on, it's got to come now, in whatever moment I'm in.

So I'm studying, and that is both from a place of discontent (that material needs are not met) and following my highest joy because I'm studying to do something I want to do. So it's both, but I'm trying not to wait for happiness, and just experience it now, imperfect though the moment may be...
You know I think you've just got to honour whatever you are actually feeling, it's all right to feel dissatisfied and to want to improve your material circumstances. For me it's more about coming to an acceptance that, 'This is how it is, this is how I feel about it', and really giving yourself permission to feel what you're feeling all the way through. But anyway, it sounds like you've got a good handle on it, and it's great that you're studying to do something you want to do - all the best with that :)
Quote:
I see your point, evolving may be a better word...

The whole fake it til you make it... came from a TEDtalk and I forget her name, but she talks about how when she began college she didn't feel she belonged, so she faked it...I think it instances like this, yes it's very good. She obviously did belong and was smart enough, she just had negative self talk, and that was what needed changed. So I think it depends on the situation. I would say in an example like that, it was an inner knowing.
Interesting... I'm in a place now where I feel like I just couldn't do that, I can't act in a way that feels inauthentic to me so I'd really struggle with that. Mind you I'm older, I'm way past college age now so I guess it's a matter of context - I guess maybe it's more applicable when you're younger and you really don't have much of a handle of who you are, your place in the world, and so on?
Quote:
It's pretty personal so I'll just say that the me that is typing this, is pretty authentic, what you see is what you get. I don't hide too much ha ha.
That's the sense I get, yeah, you seem pretty authentic to me
Old 22-11-2017, 04:10 PM
boshy b. good

If brokenhearted etc can go optimistic, go right ahead, ha, yes it can, we may live it,
easyo as square one, feel great andall so we do it, If brokenhearted etc can go optimistic.
Old 22-11-2017, 04:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
A number of people believe it's about this, God experiencing itself through experience. God can't know without it. However you previously said a "you" is eternal and changeless are you saying there are many or one or don't know. Still, I'm not ok with God's present conversation (is this God talking to itself as a possibility according to the dialogue theory), it seems totally confused and unsure, this conversation God is having, not with us but itself. Is it going to reach some ultimate answer. The question I have with this is, will God finally becomes aware and does that affect us souls that are (exist) side by side with it. Are we expressions of it talking with itself btw and if it is do we have any input into it, so this is a very good reason to change ourselves and be more spiritual so we can become part of that conversation imo.
Ok I'm just going to be honest and say I've waded in too far and I'm now in way over my head here! I'm sorry if that sounds like a cop-out but this is just way too deep for me, I've read it five times and I want to curl up in the foetal position!
Old 22-11-2017, 09:13 PM
Master

I'm still trying to figure out if I'm God or not...lol
Old 23-11-2017, 07:18 PM
Master
Quote:
If you ever figure that one out please do let me know!
Old 24-11-2017, 04:38 AM
Master
Quote:
I've reached a compromise in regards.