Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 10-07-2019, 12:54 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Yes

I was listening to this discription of it the other day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76BrLV_KZWw
It is unfortunate that it has become difficult to find one group of minds that is willing to both contemplate the physics and its metaphysical implications. If a physicist wants to be taken seriously now days, then "shut up and calculate" seems to be the demeanor of the day, at least in public circles. The physicists and engineers race away to develop a quantum computer. Faithful that such an invention will add to the overall good in the world. Those who invented the radio, television, and internet, felt similarly that their inventions would transform the world for the better. I read that more and more physicists are starting to feel it is ok to publically contemplate the meaning behind the discoveries they uncover, I think if true this is good and perhaps timely. It seems to be a matter of faith that once made physically manifest, a quantum computer will bring forth a kind of progress into the world where 7.3 billion quantum computers all manifesting simultaneously into the physical world have so far failed. Perhaps it will, or perhaps it will succeed in achieving what those countless billions of computers have failed to do, though not for a lack of trying, the elimination of self.
Hopefully the statue will inspire more to stop for a moment and wonder at what it all means, and perhaps give them the courage to ask the questions in public. We are all Shiva's, we are all lords of our dance, both dancer and choreographer of our own and each others dance.

Quote:
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom the emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand wrapped in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed."
Albert Einstein

Old 10-07-2019, 05:15 PM
Master
Well said Ketzer and Einstein.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
It is unfortunate that it has become difficult to find one group of minds that is willing to both contemplate the physics and its metaphysical implications. If a physicist wants to be taken seriously now days, then "shut up and calculate" seems to be the demeanor of the day, at least in public circles. The physicists and engineers race away to develop a quantum computer. Faithful that such an invention will add to the overall good in the world. Those who invented the radio, television, and internet, felt similarly that their inventions would transform the world for the better. I read that more and more physicists are starting to feel it is ok to publically contemplate the meaning behind the discoveries they uncover, I think if true this is good and perhaps timely. It seems to be a matter of faith that once made physically manifest, a quantum computer will bring forth a kind of progress into the world where 7.3 billion quantum computers all manifesting simultaneously into the physical world have so far failed. Perhaps it will, or perhaps it will succeed in achieving what those countless billions of computers have failed to do, though not for a lack of trying, the elimination of self.
Hopefully the statue will inspire more to stop for a moment and wonder at what it all means, and perhaps give them the courage to ask the questions in public. We are all Shiva's, we are all lords of our dance, both dancer and choreographer of our own and each others dance.

Everytime I see pictures of Einstein a Barbershop comes to mind
Old 10-07-2019, 07:56 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Not sure if anyone has mentioned already, they have a large statue of Shiva in the Cern grounds
I am glad you mentioned that. There's probably more of a connection between CERN's theories, Hindu cosmology and Naṭarāja than anything else.
Quote:
In 2004, a 2m statue of the dancing Shiva was unveiled at CERN, the European Center for Research in Particle Physics in Geneva. The statue, symbolizing Shiva's cosmic dance of creation and destruction, was given to CERN by the Indian government to celebrate the research center's long association with India.[50] A special plaque next to the Shiva statue explains the significance of the metaphor of Shiva's cosmic dance with quotations from Fritjof Capra:

Hundreds of years ago, Indian artists created visual images of dancing Shivas in a beautiful series of bronzes. In our time, physicists have used the most advanced technology to portray the patterns of the cosmic dance. The metaphor of the cosmic dance thus unifies ancient mythology, religious art and modern physics.[51] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nataraja#History
Old 12-07-2019, 04:36 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Sounds like an inter-dimensional prison transporter arriving from the fifth dimension bringing back another person who wants to be in the fifth dimension but in reality acts like a third dimension person.
That was my second guess.
Old 12-07-2019, 04:41 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tiger
"Hmmm... what if I set X equal to 666?"
Nothing would happen, aren't you listening? That is not the number! It is 616!!
Geeeezzze I tell ya, you just can't teach science to SOME PEOPLE!
Old 12-07-2019, 04:47 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceidauilyc
Oh sheesh. I have had an accident right after I saw the number 616. this gives me the goosebumps.

Oh that just great! You put x = 616 didn't you?
Now who is going to clean up this mess? I think the @Blue_Tiger should clean it up as she is the one who put the idea in your head!
Old 13-07-2019, 10:04 AM
boshy b. good

i see the new testament is pretty nice for getting my wheels in the four sockets.

of what i am of self.

Last edited by boshy b. good : 13-07-2019 at 01:25 PM.