Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 10-01-2019, 08:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Knowledge is a wonderful thing, but if your so caught up in it and not listening to your bodies needs, in all that, you miss your natural intuitive capabilities that your body knows is right for you. We are part of nature and what nature provides where and what is available to you, seems to me more appropriate to a balanced approach. Any extreme way of eating, like fruitarian, may be what you need right now nothing we are and do needs to be permanent. If your listening to your body, this conversation and curiosity about eating this way, could have already detoxed your body by doing it for the time frame it most likely was seeking it. Our body is an intricate balanced machine, that has specific balanced needs. What you are right now, as your body is, requires what you need for you. We are part of nature and as I see it, there are times where our body could well benefit from fruit alone. Not necessarily as a permenenant thing, but as long as your listening to it’s need as one with its changing needs.

We are what we eat/We eat what we are.

well you bring up a sensitive point for me, about eating different foods, because I have spent a long time learning about healing in general and found that there are nearly countless ways to naturally heal, and that doing a variety of things expands our consciousness. So I want to believe that eating almost anything is going to be beneficial in a great way, but unfortunately common sense holds that not everything we can physically put into our mouths and bodies is going to benefit us or balance on the positive side of the scale. I do love to eat a variety of things, though even within the fruit family (which includes most commonly thought vegetables though those are still not as healing as the sweet astringent more typical fruit) there are many choices. and combinations, but it is combinations which are another main issue for people and the body.

We have to keep in mind the all important question, which other species on the planet cook their food before eating it, and what happens when they've been fed cooked food.. it makes them sick and kills them quicker, and why would humankind be any different than the other living beings on this Earth? We are different in many ways sure, but why would it be recommended for us to defy the laws of nature and corrupt God's provisions to such a high degree or temperature? it makes little sense, and as Judge Judy says, if it doesn't make sense it's usually not true.. not that she is a raw foodist or anything lol, but it just comes down to common sense in my understanding. When food is cooked it mutates it and the body just doesn't appreciate it.

The body is designed phenomenally and is capable of consuming a lot of things, but it's what happens after it goes into the body before it comes out that matters. and not all of it can come out efficiently If it is too damaging to the body and the body has been previously damaged too much. So when you speak of me desiring to eat fruit for now but maybe not later, well yes I don't want to eat just fruit for the rest of my life. I am a glutton admittedly though.. I absolutely know fruit is the food I should be primarily eating, yet my "body" or mind or whatever keep telling me to eat fried potatoes and stuff like that for breakfast lol. it makes me wonder how much nicotine is really in potatoes, and what happens to the nicotine when it is fried or otherwise cooked or processed as we commonly do with potatoes.. but that isn't the only indulgent food I crave. and it's said that certain creatures inside of our bodies have the ability to control our minds and induce cravings. there was actually a study about this I guess. but I've delved very deeply into the subject of health, and after jumping on the bandwagon of blaming microbes, parasites, bacteria, etc., I now see that they are only invited and allowed to thrive in our bodies if we make a suitable environment for them. and most foods besides fresh fruits and some vegetables or leafy greens create a lower vibrational environment which is acidifying and deprived of oxygen, which is what those critters want. They come to clean up the messes we make, and as long as we keep our temples unkempt, they can stay and flourish, which of course creates more acid and problems.

Sorry if I am off topic, but there are a lot of things I've learned that support my declaration of fruitarianism being the ideal route, and of course I am not the only one. though obviously many people get it wrong and are misguided in one way or another. It is certainly possible to sustain yourself on fruit alone, but those seriously knowledgeable about it don't recommend being that strict about it, except if you are in dire need of healing. and some people are so sick that they can't even tolerate fruit right away, because their bodies are so toxic and so much detoxification is necessary. so consuming more other raw vegan foods is then recommended and some might even need to eat lightly cooked vegetables because they can't even deal with raw foods at all.
As a world we are far from where we need to be to live on fruit alone or our native ancient diet (think about the Garden of Eden for one example, what do you imagine they ate, besides apples lol.. do you really imagine them cooking grains and processing tofu or even munching on many vegetables? nah they probably ate a bunch of fruit! right?) but some can do it, and wouldn't go back. not everyone is up to it, but everyone can benefit from it and put a lot of their pain and issues behind them upon doing so.

All this insistence by Gem about the importance of macronutrients and calorie counting and protein is actually unfounded, despite what mainstream literature says.. for one thing I keep reminding him that protein is not a fuel the body uses, the body ONLY uses amino acids, and then uses them to build its own proteins. the body cannot use protein, it must break them down into amino acids before it is even usable, and this process creates unnecessary acidic byproduct, so the whole protein myth needs to be unmasked for what it is. and proteins can be great in general, but some things that are proteins or derived from them, are not so great, like viruses.. which are proteins, not a bacteria or microbe even. and more proteins being consumed support the livelihood of such other proteins as viruses and prions which are involved with mad cow disease, and so on. I don't claim to know everything about any of this, but it's useless to keep repeating the recommendation of getting enough protein, because
1. the body doesn't use protein in whole form
2. the body doesn't need that much protein, even when it needs the most as an infant

The body does love and need amino acids though. and other nutrients, especially phytonutrients and antioxidants which are often overlooked or underestimated in importance. and when you cook food or process it in the wrong way you lose a lot of these fragile components. The body also needs water and hydration, which it actually utilizes best from food sources, which must be raw to maintain the highest content of their natural water, and of course fruits have the highest water content. this water is specially structured, and when foods are cooked the opposite happens to the water, it gets restructuring in an unnatural detrimental way. you've probably heard that you should drink the water of vegetables that you steam cuz many of the vitamins and minerals go in there, which is good yeah, but what else happens to the water when you heat it up? cooked vegetables aren't totally useless, but they just cannot compare. if you want cooked food, try herbs which can still be very beneficial when cooked or processed. well see when you eat cooked foods, what does the body do without the water content they originally had? and it's advised to refrain from drinking water with meals or too closely before or after them, because that interferes with digestion. and that makes sense.. but I don't know about you but I get thirsty when I eat a lot of cooked foods.

sorry I got off topic again. the other point against what Gem says is his failure to answer whether or not he thinks a big pile of fried cheese curds smothered in artificially flavored dressing at a couple hundred calories is healthier than a piece of fresh produce at a fraction of the calories? that shows how frivolous calories really are. but the ideal is to eat enough food that you feel satiated and satisfied, so a lot of fruitarians eat what seems like an astronomical amount of food, like more than a pound of grapes for breakfast, or 20 bananas a day. oh I also wanted to bring up grapes when critiquing Gem's insistence about a varied diet, because there are a lot of people who do 'grape fasts' where they eat only grapes for days or weeks at a time, and their health markedly improves and a lot of disease or disorder fades away and they feel better than ever. not that one should eat only grapes for the rest of their lives, but it's a potential worthwhile diet adoption, at least for a while.

I do think we should appreciate nature, and maybe we are just supposed to consume some foods or plants by looking at them or smelling them or using them on our bodies or something. We don't need to put everything in our mouths and swallow it. just as there are many plants and things all around that we don't eat, perhaps the foods many eat aren't actually supposed to be for us to consume internally?
Old 11-01-2019, 01:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
well you bring up a sensitive point for me, about eating different foods, because I have spent a long time learning about healing in general and found that there are nearly countless ways to naturally heal, and that doing a variety of things expands our consciousness. So I want to believe that eating almost anything is going to be beneficial in a great way, but unfortunately common sense holds that not everything we can physically put into our mouths and bodies is going to benefit us or balance on the positive side of the scale. I do love to eat a variety of things, though even within the fruit family (which includes most commonly thought vegetables though those are still not as healing as the sweet astringent more typical fruit) there are many choices. and combinations, but it is combinations which are another main issue for people and the body.

We have to keep in mind the all important question, which other species on the planet cook their food before eating it, and what happens when they've been fed cooked food.. it makes them sick and kills them quicker, and why would humankind be any different than the other living beings on this Earth? We are different in many ways sure, but why would it be recommended for us to defy the laws of nature and corrupt God's provisions to such a high degree or temperature? it makes little sense, and as Judge Judy says, if it doesn't make sense it's usually not true.. not that she is a raw foodist or anything lol, but it just comes down to common sense in my understanding. When food is cooked it mutates it and the body just doesn't appreciate it.

The body is designed phenomenally and is capable of consuming a lot of things, but it's what happens after it goes into the body before it comes out that matters. and not all of it can come out efficiently If it is too damaging to the body and the body has been previously damaged too much. So when you speak of me desiring to eat fruit for now but maybe not later, well yes I don't want to eat just fruit for the rest of my life. I am a glutton admittedly though.. I absolutely know fruit is the food I should be primarily eating, yet my "body" or mind or whatever keep telling me to eat fried potatoes and stuff like that for breakfast lol. it makes me wonder how much nicotine is really in potatoes, and what happens to the nicotine when it is fried or otherwise cooked or processed as we commonly do with potatoes.. but that isn't the only indulgent food I crave. and it's said that certain creatures inside of our bodies have the ability to control our minds and induce cravings. there was actually a study about this I guess. but I've delved very deeply into the subject of health, and after jumping on the bandwagon of blaming microbes, parasites, bacteria, etc., I now see that they are only invited and allowed to thrive in our bodies if we make a suitable environment for them. and most foods besides fresh fruits and some vegetables or leafy greens create a lower vibrational environment which is acidifying and deprived of oxygen, which is what those critters want. They come to clean up the messes we make, and as long as we keep our temples unkempt, they can stay and flourish, which of course creates more acid and problems.

Sorry if I am off topic, but there are a lot of things I've learned that support my declaration of fruitarianism being the ideal route, and of course I am not the only one. though obviously many people get it wrong and are misguided in one way or another. It is certainly possible to sustain yourself on fruit alone, but those seriously knowledgeable about it don't recommend being that strict about it, except if you are in dire need of healing. and some people are so sick that they can't even tolerate fruit right away, because their bodies are so toxic and so much detoxification is necessary. so consuming more other raw vegan foods is then recommended and some might even need to eat lightly cooked vegetables because they can't even deal with raw foods at all.
As a world we are far from where we need to be to live on fruit alone or our native ancient diet (think about the Garden of Eden for one example, what do you imagine they ate, besides apples lol.. do you really imagine them cooking grains and processing tofu or even munching on many vegetables? nah they probably ate a bunch of fruit! right?) but some can do it, and wouldn't go back. not everyone is up to it, but everyone can benefit from it and put a lot of their pain and issues behind them upon doing so.

All this insistence by Gem about the importance of macronutrients and calorie counting and protein is actually unfounded, despite what mainstream literature says..

The most important aspect of nutrition is calories and calories are made up of macronutrients.

Quote:
for one thing I keep reminding him that protein is not a fuel the body uses, the body ONLY uses amino acids, and then uses them to build its own proteins. the body cannot use protein, it must break them down into amino acids before it is even usable, and this process creates unnecessary acidic byproduct, so the whole protein myth needs to be unmasked for what it is. and proteins can be great in general, but some things that are proteins or derived from them, are not so great, like viruses.. which are proteins, not a bacteria or microbe even. and more proteins being consumed support the livelihood of such other proteins as viruses and prions which are involved with mad cow disease, and so on. I don't claim to know everything about any of this, but it's useless to keep repeating the recommendation of getting enough protein, because
1. the body doesn't use protein in whole form
2. the body doesn't need that much protein, even when it needs the most as an infant

Protiens are dissolved into amino acids in the stomach so those amino acids can be absorbed. You eat protein to get the amino acids your body needs.

Quote:
The body does love and need amino acids though. and other nutrients, especially phytonutrients and antioxidants which are often overlooked or underestimated in importance. and when you cook food or process it in the wrong way you lose a lot of these fragile components. The body also needs water and hydration, which it actually utilizes best from food sources, which must be raw to maintain the highest content of their natural water, and of course fruits have the highest water content. this water is specially structured, and when foods are cooked the opposite happens to the water, it gets restructuring in an unnatural detrimental way. you've probably heard that you should drink the water of vegetables that you steam cuz many of the vitamins and minerals go in there, which is good yeah, but what else happens to the water when you heat it up? cooked vegetables aren't totally useless, but they just cannot compare. if you want cooked food, try herbs which can still be very beneficial when cooked or processed. well see when you eat cooked foods, what does the body do without the water content they originally had? and it's advised to refrain from drinking water with meals or too closely before or after them, because that interferes with digestion. and that makes sense.. but I don't know about you but I get thirsty when I eat a lot of cooked foods.

Quote:
sorry I got off topic again. the other point against what Gem says is his failure to answer whether or not he thinks a big pile of fried cheese curds smothered in artificially flavored dressing at a couple hundred calories is healthier than a piece of fresh produce at a fraction of the calories?

Untrue. I repeatedly say getting calories from whole food is the ticket.

Quote:
that shows how frivolous calories really are.

Calories is the foremost consideration.

Quote:
but the ideal is to eat enough food that you feel satiated and satisfied, so a lot of fruitarians eat what seems like an astronomical amount of food, like more than a pound of grapes for breakfast, or 20 bananas a day. oh I also wanted to bring up grapes when critiquing Gem's insistence about a varied diet, because there are a lot of people who do 'grape fasts' where they eat only grapes for days or weeks at a time, and their health markedly improves and a lot of disease or disorder fades away and they feel better than ever.

It's not a sustainable diet, there are reasons why such a diet would be ill advised. Many maladies can be prevented, treated and reversed with dietary protocols.

Quote:
not that one should eat only grapes for the rest of their lives, but it's a potential worthwhile diet adoption, at least for a while.

Quote:
I do think we should appreciate nature, and maybe we are just supposed to consume some foods or plants by looking at them or smelling them or using them on our bodies or something. We don't need to put everything in our mouths and swallow it. just as there are many plants and things all around that we don't eat, perhaps the foods many eat aren't actually supposed to be for us to consume internally?
Old 11-01-2019, 07:52 PM
Master
Gem you are stuck on mainstream thinking and teachings which are completely misguided and incorrect. True healing and evolution lies beyond that.

Calorie content is not what makes a food worthwhile or not. and protein content does not either, it makes it detrimental because it's extra work for the body and creates mucus and acid ash in the body. That is the most important thing to understand I think. what happens in the body after or while you eat it.. is the result alkalizing and oxygenating? or does it create unnecessary acid and toxins for the body to deal with and try to get rid of? which it often can't because of such toxic repeated eating patterns which are commonplace and accepted by the mainstream to be proper.. but they make no sense.

Amino acids are COMPLETELY different from protein. Completely. That is like saying that a castle is the same as an individual brick. They are completely different. If you wanted a brick, or a few bricks (or even 9 essential bricks lol) you wouldn't want to take a whole castle because you would have to break it down brick by brick just to get your brick, so why wouldn't you just go get a brick or a slew of bricks that are available by themselves? it saves you a lot of time and energy and prevents the unnecessary ill side effects of having to break apart a castle, which may seem like a silly analogy but the body might see breaking down that protein similar to us taking down a castle.

More than 9 out of 10 people cannot energetically take down a castle, and the same amount of people's bodies are already so taxed and inefficient in their function that it's a burden to break down protein, and starches and other complex structures that the body doesn't need or want to deal with, and they are not the best ways to get energy or regenerate tissue. they end up breaking down tissue with their acidic nature. that includes high proteins and complex carbohydrates and cooked foods.

They all produce acid ash. Some less or more than others, but once you cook a food it starts becoming acid-forming instead of alkalizing to the body. What is one of the harshest chemical processes? Acidity of course, so why would you repeatedly do that to your body? As we know too much alkalinity is not welcome either, but it's very hard to consume too alkaline of a diet, I mean overall eating alkalizing foods balances the body, obviously especially when almost everyone's body is too acidic already, from previous consumption and treatment and also environmental exposure.

The body doesn't work the way you think it does with all of these strict requirements of this and that. The body is supposed to be a factory of its own able to manufacture almost everything it needs, and when given fruit it has little problem doing that. and most fruit has an overwhelmingly alkaline ash, not acidic like many of the other foods you recommend people to eat which don't make sense.

This thread is for discussing and discovering the truth about humans and fruit, or those foods closely connected to the fruitarian diet. I don't understand why you initially came in here just to parade your opinions and mainstream teachings about typical diets, even if they do include whole foods, these are whole foods that are still perpetuating disease in many people. Why didn't you ever think to post in my thread about fruitarianism to try and learn and understand more about the value of fruit and what can happen to a human when adopting a fruit fast? That is what I made it for and you are not learning anything new meanwhile I've looked up multiple new things motivated by some of what you've said, like discovering that fiber creates short chain fatty acids (and thus calories) in the body.. a fact which you are apparently ignoring when continuing to spout off about calories this and calories that.. I just think that it is a shame that there is so much more to learn and that you have decided to use my thread to repeat the same story that you learned from the mainstream that fails to have actual validity. do you really think that is why I made this thread? do you really think I haven't once believed the same or similar things you do? I applaud that you know some nice facts about the body and random things, and do think you are quite intelligent. but I think you are missing the point of our connection with nature and how the human body actually works with it. It is all about chemistry. and if we supply the body with the ideal chemical environment and ingredients, it is capable of accomplishing a lot more. When the body goes acidic, things shut down and don't work as they should. You have to be open to seeing whether something you're recommending is going to create acid in the body or will it truly help regenerate and replenish it?
Old 11-01-2019, 08:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philos_Tone
Be careful, I tried that. I'm also not going to be eating meat or eggs in the future.

I support have grains and nuts.

I am consuming dairy, at the moment. I support the proler treatment of animal. We are all very serious beings.

We are all powerful beings.

yes I have not mustered up the courage and energy or willpower to try eating only fruit for a period of time yet, but I am trying to get myself to. well also my fiance provides the income and I'm afraid he will criticize my wanting to eat $10 worth of grapes or whatever a day lol. He will probably help me anyways, but I've mentioned wanting to eat at least mostly raw food for a while and he isn't necessarily supportive. However, he himself has told me that he doesn't eat for hours after waking because it makes him tired and zaps his energy. but he also said when he ate a cucumber or raw food that it doesn't make him tired so I am just waiting for him to put 2 & 2 together there are a lot of things he doesn't eat and he likes to live vicariously through others spoiling them with such gluttonous foods, so he prefers getting me indulgent cooked foods over fresh fruit which he knows I want more, though I am addicted to cook food and absolutely love eating it too.. anyways sorry for rambling on, my point is that I know that going on a raw fruit fast is what I need to do, but it is hard to make myself, especially without support of anyone around me.

but I will be careful when I do, thank you. I will dwindle down the unhealthy foods (ie fried stuff and starches etc) I eat and slowly move close to eating mostly raw for some days, then I will lessen the variety of foods I eat until I am on just fruit, and will probably try mono-meals which are eating just one fruit or food at a time, because the body digests that best. What was your experience with trying to eat just fruit? good for you quitting the eggs and meat!
Old 11-01-2019, 10:49 PM
Pathfinder

$10 worth of grapes, lol. 5 pounds in 1 day! Haha.

Pickles are really cheap: less than $2 a jar at WalMart. I like the garlic, and dill, ones. Salted, dry roasted peanuts are great for $2.

Good luck.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:03 AM
Master
hehehe well that was a real rough estimate. Here organic grapes are not often $2 a pound. sometimes they are even twice that! if a store even has them in stock.. I know I am still lucky to have access to a lot of produce which many people in the world unfortunately don't or maybe never even saw a grape! I am not sure how many grapes I would eat in a day or meal, but one person showing what they typically eat in a day had 2 pounds of grapes so that is what I was thinking and basing my silly estimate on lol. Actually it seems that an only grape fast is one of the best ways to heal quickly, so with that I would probably definitely be eating 5 pounds of grapes a day or more

but I am not close to that point yet so first I just want to try like 80% raw food and 20% cooked. I know I should be more self-sufficient but it is really hard with a fiance who wants to feed me cooked food. You know? it's hard enough to make these decisions for ourselves, but to meet resistance or the opposite of support from one we live with makes it infinitely more difficult. I know I've just got to do it, but I guess one great lesson I've learned about life and healing is you don't have to go all-in all at once, you can start to invest slowly and adopt good habits or positivity, and eventually it will drown out the negative and bad habits.

So at least what I did start doing, which I suggested to a friend on this forum I was pming that we try it together, is to just eat fruit for breakfast. As I've said I'm a glutton and I get tempted to eat a chocolate tart and ice cream or fried potatoes or nachos or something for breakfast, but so far I have refrained and been able to stick to just eating fruit for my first meal of the day. Slowly but surely I will get closer to doing the things I know I should and it's really been a very long journey of healing and learning and I finally have most of the tools and knowledge I need to regenerate myself. I just need to summon the will to apply it.

Well there are a lot of common ingredients that are too processed or toxic that I don't eat, so I probably cannot eat those pickles, and peanuts are also not the healthiest food because they are a vector of aflatoxin which is a dangerous fungus. and while extra delicious, dry roasting nuts or cooking them makes them a lot less healthy. actually peanuts are a legume but those should be raw and soaked before eating or not eaten at all preferably. Sorry I know that is not the reply you were expecting to your suggestions but I also wasn't expecting such suggestions in this thread either lol

I was interested to know what your experience with eating just fruit was, as you said you tried that?
Old 12-01-2019, 04:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
Gem you are stuck on mainstream thinking and teachings which are completely misguided and incorrect. True healing and evolution lies beyond that.

I talk about nutrition based on scientific research.

Quote:
Calorie content is not what makes a food worthwhile or not.

Calories are the energy content of food, but because we intake calories from eating and expend calories by functioning, it is best to imagine a calorie balance - calories in vs calories out. I repeatedly suggest establishing a calorie balance via nutrition and activity, ensuring adequate protein and fat along with carbs, all from whole food.

Quote:
and protein content does not either, it makes it detrimental because it's extra work for the body and creates mucus and acid ash in the body.

Consumption of protein is essential. All cellular metabolic processes produce wastes referred to as 'ash'. Ash can be acidic, neutral or alkaline and the body goes through processes to dispose of such waste.

Quote:
That is the most important thing to understand I think. what happens in the body after or while you eat it.. is the result alkalizing and oxygenating? or does it create unnecessary acid and toxins for the body to deal with and try to get rid of? which it often can't because of such toxic repeated eating patterns which are commonplace and accepted by the mainstream to be proper.. but they make no sense.

If there's a lot of alkaline ash, urine becomes alkaline; if there is a lot of acidic waste, urine becomes acidic, if there is a general mix the urine is around neutral or normal, but it's all waste. That said, to get a proper nutritional profile, one should eat a wide range of whole food, fresh fruit and veg, which typically produces alkaline waste in the urine, which is what determines an 'alkaline diet'.

Quote:
Amino acids are COMPLETELY different from protein.

Proteins are chains of amino acids.

Quote:
Completely. That is like saying that a castle is the same as an individual brick.

Basically, a protein contains the 'building blocks' (amino acids) we need to build body tissues.

Quote:
They are completely different. If you wanted a brick, or a few bricks (or even 9 essential bricks lol) you wouldn't want to take a whole castle because you would have to break it down brick by brick just to get your brick, so why wouldn't you just go get a brick or a slew of bricks that are available by themselves it saves you a lot of time and energy and prevents the unnecessary ill side effects of having to break apart a castle, which may seem like a silly analogy but the body might see breaking down that protein similar to us taking down a castle.

If you don't eat protein you don't have any building blocks, so you can;t rebuild the body. However, a well rounded vegan diet including legumes/grains/nuts/seeds provides adequate protein. Protein is reduced to its constituent amino acids by the chemistry in the digestive tract. No problem. The amino acids are absorbed and utilised as 'building blocks' for anatomical structures.. Because some of these amino acids are essential (the body can't produce them), consuming dietary protein is vital.

Quote:
More than 9 out of 10 people cannot energetically take down a castle, and the same amount of people's bodies are already so taxed and inefficient in their function that it's a burden to break down protein, and starches and other complex structures that the body doesn't need or want to deal with, and they are not the best ways to get energy or regenerate tissue. they end up breaking down tissue with their acidic nature. that includes high proteins and complex carbohydrates and cooked foods.

Dietary protein is necessary, and you need quite a bit to be strong and healthy.

Quote:
They all produce acid ash.

Beans are high protein and contain a lot of starchy carbs, but produce alkaline ash (apparently), but but all 'ash' is metabolic waste regardless of its PH level, which is why the whole 'acidic body' thing is pseudo-scientific hoopla.

Quote:
Some less or more than others, but once you cook a food it starts becoming acid-forming instead of alkalizing to the body. What is one of the harshest chemical processes? Acidity of course, so why would you repeatedly do that to your body? As we know too much alkalinity is not welcome either, but it's very hard to consume too alkaline of a diet, I mean overall eating alkalizing foods balances the body, obviously especially when almost everyone's body is too acidic already, from previous consumption and treatment and also environmental exposure.

'Alkalising foods' are fresh fruit and veges, so I suggest eating a lot of 'alkaline foods', but because they are very nutritious rather than them producing alkaline waste products.

Quote:
The body doesn't work the way you think it does with all of these strict requirements of this and that. The body is supposed to be a factory of its own able to manufacture almost everything it needs, and when given fruit it has little problem doing that. and most fruit has an overwhelmingly alkaline ash, not acidic like many of the other foods you recommend people to eat which don't make sense.

We do need a lot of energy from food (calories) and there are essential nutrients which the body can not produce.

It's not true that I promote strict requirements. I explain how nutrition works, but there are many different and flexible ways of achieving good to optimum nutrition.

Quote:
This thread is for discussing and discovering the truth about humans and fruit, or those foods closely connected to the fruitarian diet. I don't understand why you initially came in here just to parade your opinions and mainstream teachings about typical diets,

I came here to contribute reasonable nutritional information in the interests of benefiting others.

Quote:
even if they do include whole foods, these are whole foods that are still perpetuating disease in many people. Why didn't you ever think to post in my thread about fruitarianism to try and learn and understand more about the value of fruit and what can happen to a human when adopting a fruit fast?

The real benefit to human well-being in terms of diet is sustainable life long healthy eating. Severely restrictive diets are almost always detrimental to health because they make whole nutrition more difficult.

Quote:
That is what I made it for and you are not learning anything new meanwhile I've looked up multiple new things motivated by some of what you've said, like discovering that fiber creates short chain fatty acids (and thus calories) in the body..

SCFA is produced by the fermentation of fibre, and that's inarguably good nutritionally, but fibre shouldn't be considered a source of dietary fat.

Quote:
a fact which you are apparently ignoring

I didn't ignore it. I said the same thing then as I said again now.

Quote:
when continuing to spout off about calories this and calories that..

That's such a gross oversimplification of what I said, because apart from calories being the 'energy required', I stress the importance of getting those calories from whole food, ensuring adequate protein and a reasonable balance of carbs and fat. Not to mention the micronutrient profile and the meal frequency dispersion of nutrients across the day, and finally, nutrient supplementation if required.

Quote:
I just think that it is a shame that there is so much more to learn and that you have decided to use my thread to repeat the same story that you learned from the mainstream that fails to have actual validity.

Calling it 'mainstream' doesn't make it untrue. I explain nutrition in practical terms. It's not the typical 'foodgroups' of the mainstream, and there are many ways of going about great nutrition. Frugarianism, however, makes good nutrition impossibly difficult, and presents an unacceptable risk to benefit ratio.

Quote:
do you really think that is why I made this thread? do you really think I haven't once believed the same or similar things you do?

I applaud that you know some nice facts about the body and random things, and do think you are quite intelligent. but I think you are missing the point of our connection with nature and how the human body actually works with it. It is all about chemistry. and if we supply the body with the ideal chemical environment and ingredients, it is capable of accomplishing a lot more.

Exactly, metabolism is chemistry, way to complex for me to understand in detail, but people spend years getting postgraduate degrees in the field, and because they know the detail of the process, they are ones I listen to.

As a fitness professional, I deal with different personal and social circumstances affecting people's fitness and nutrition and try to optimise that. If a person has vegan values I completely support it as a valid ethical and health choice, but once they go too far into restrictive dietary practices it becomes exceedingly difficult, counterproductive, and usually detrimental.

Quote:
When the body goes acidic, things shut down and don't work as they should. You have to be open to seeing whether something you're recommending is going to create acid in the body or will it truly help regenerate and replenish it?

I'm pointing out that health is optmised through diet through by getting all the nutrients we need within our individual calorie requirements. That is possible in numerous ways including vegan lifestyles. It's not a grandiose 'true healing and evolution' fantasy, but it is practical, sensible way of successfully preventing and reversing a range of maladies and illnesses. Within that overall context, there are many ways to achieve optimum nutrition according to the circumstances, values and lifestyles of individuals.
Old 12-01-2019, 01:18 PM
Master
I don't get why you keep repeating things I have fairly discredited or showed to be illogical.. like that protein is necessary for the body when it is ONLY amino acids that are. Did the castle brick analogy really not make sense? The castle is the protein, the building blocks or bricks of it are the amino acids. If you need a few bricks you don't want to take the whole castle because then you have to take it entirely apart just to get the few bricks you need, and that is just a lot of unnecessary work that will hurt you for no good reason, which is what high protein foods do to an even greater extent than taking down a castle would if you make them a mainstay of your diet. It is that simple. The body Does Not want proteins. just like it does not want complex starches.. it wants simple sugars, and it wants amino acids, and amino acids are available in all sorts of other food so why would you eat a castle that the body has to break down into amino acids when you can just get the amino acids in an already available state in fresh raw foods that don't even need to be cooked? which again protein being cooked creates globules which are troublesome for the body.

This is science and sense, if you don't accept it then it is proof that you are just interested in repeating the same mainstream story you decided to believe from whatever sources you were exposed to however long ago. but it would do you some good to gain new insight and information, especially since you seem to have crowned yourself the nutrition guru when you are in fact the one going around giving people incomplete and sometimes inaccurate or incorrect information. I am here for the truth. just because you believed it one day and still want to, doesn't mean it is factual or beneficial to you or anyone that you keep believing it. it's just so pointless and such a waste because you could be a great influence if you were open to investing yourself into learning the actual truths of the human body and its union with food. I feel sad that I spent so much of my time thinking that you were approaching this with an open mind and everything, but you haven't been.
Seriously most of what you say, here and your advice to vegans or vegetarians elsewhere on the forum, is just repeated misinformation that most people would find by googling mainstream accepted belief systems about nutrition. it isn't the reality of the facts.

You have some more to learn about the acid/alkaline action of the body and foods, but I'm afraid to correct you or elaborate on the things I've tried to tell you because it hurts to be ignored and information (that you could verify if you cared to or wanted to) repeatedly being disregarded, and disagreed with despite the truth being available if you search for it or use your own mind to see the sense of it. but it seems you are invested in thinking the way you currently do. you should be more sensitive to intruding on others' posts and threads if they are trying to learn and grow more with new information though if you're not there for the same reason. it's unfair

Just because somebody goes to school for years doesn't mean they actually get the privilege of learning the truth. or that they'll be able to garner what the best use of the knowledge is if they do learn truth.. especially when it comes to health. although the way the body works is good to learn and many of the facts about it cannot be faked like some other "health" teachings are. but then again they don't have that much information available and mainstream medicine and science is only starting to place more emphasis on the lymphatic system, which is perhaps the most important system to understand in those fields.. There is a lot of intricate stuff to learn, yet it also comes down to simplistic terms, which you don't need to go to years of schooling to learn and understand. And that is the two sides of chemistry. acid and alkaline. acid tears down and that is what most disease results from. and beans or most legumes are generally acidic actually. and cooked food in general is acidic. and you can eat all the raw foods you want, but if you keep pouring acid into the system with other foods, well you won't be able to put the fire out with them.. acidic and dead foods stagnate the lymphatic system and fluid. so that and the organs break down and you can eat more raw foods, but if you continuously keep eating acidic foods they're not gonna work. and vegetables don't have the detoxifying lymph stimulating power that fruits do.

Quote:
The real benefit to human well-being in terms of diet is sustainable life long healthy eating. Severely restrictive diets are almost always detrimental to health because they make whole nutrition more difficult.

not if you know what you're doing and just try to restrict the foods that create too many unnecessary toxins and taxation on the body. Consuming foods that do what I just said does not make for a sustainable long healthy life, it is what contributes to disease and disorder. I'm sorry if this is impossible for you to understand given your investment in believing certain information because of your job or career. but you can help more people by learning the truth of what the foods you're recommending for them actually do to the body.

Perhaps to continue this discussion, since we are getting nowhere the way it's going, we could examine foods one by one to see what impact they really have on the body. I love to know and study about the benefit of foods too, believe me, I've done this and would like to do it more even if I am aware that there are other reasons to abstain from eating said food.. I mean I started cataloging foods with different colored pretty glitter pens in a notebook writing down their nutrition content so I could compare them and try to put together a single meal or even smoothie to try and get the daily requirement of nutrients with vegan ingredients. and the foods I wrote down included foods I've probably told you are not worth eating.. I mean I didn't know what I understand now about the starch content or cooking etc. of these foods, but still since eating raw isn't the most practical or easy to do and I am just curious by nature, I'd like to learn more about a variety of foods. but fi we do this, if you want to, you have to agree to be open about what other things we can find out about the foods or processing of them, whether beneficial or detrimental to the diet and human consuming them. If you're in agreeance, any other guidelines or details you want to suggest are welcome, and would you want to start with some letter A foods?
Old 12-01-2019, 02:10 PM
Pathfinder

If y'all need someone to prove you are right to, you already have a body.
Old 12-01-2019, 02:20 PM
Master
My thread is not about proving I am right, it is about teaching and sharing information that is beneficial and can even help save a life if followed properly.