Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-04-2015, 01:05 PM
celest

TV is just a tool and when used properly it can be beneficial.
Old 20-04-2015, 02:07 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smile it's just me
My hearts aches as my tears flow...

Does anyone else get like that when watching TV?
I know it sound silly, but sometime (as now) I will be watching something and if the actor or news subject shows someone in pain...I hurt, I hurt so bad

I guess too much TV is bad for you...

If you're talking about movies and documentaries, you have to remember you're experiencing situations through someone else's eyes. You're also experiencing them at a distance and as a voyeur. Even so, there will be bits of others' imaginings that touch deep. No different from reading a book except that with film you have to suspend your imagination.

So it is with me. News stories - particularly with children being hurt, abused, murdered brings tear to my eyes. I shudder at the human condition sometimes. Incredulous. But it hurts and it double hurts because I can do nothing about a particular case.

(Then I hurt even more when I come on here and encounter tripe about how we should forgive everyone - as if we're gods appointed to mete out absolution. No, I can't do that.)

Movies - rarely watch them. If I'm socially expected to do so as someone's guest, frinstance, and I don't like it, I'll excuse myself and turn to my laptop or find something else to do around the place. Thankfully most of my associates are of the same ilk and we wouldn't expect each other to watch TV: someone else's choice of syndicated imagination with all its warts and aberrations!!

Old 20-04-2015, 05:42 PM
luntrusreality

I LOVE NETFLIX !
But it is a time sink...
Old 20-04-2015, 06:51 PM
Smile it's just me

Thank you all for your responses.
TV can be a source of useful information, but I am finding more so lately that it is a pain, emotional and mentally frustrating.

Lorelyn~ Thanks for sharing...at least I am not alone in my tears. And I too tend to excuse myself when someone is watching something that just doesn't sit well with me.

Luntrusreality~ My husband loves NETFLIX also!
Old 20-04-2015, 07:01 PM
Master
Yes, I saw the other day a war movie, it was awful, I was experiencing those feelings in my stomach, I felt so vulnerable.

Then I realized I've connected with the characters and the story of the movie in a deep level, It is like going to a 4D cinema but so much better.
Old 20-04-2015, 07:02 PM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by luntrusreality
I LOVE NETFLIX !
But it is a time sink...

me too I love netflix Luntrus, but then again if we enjoyed the time, then it is not time wasted
Old 20-04-2015, 07:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smile it's just me
My hearts aches as my tears flow...

Does anyone else get like that when watching TV?
I know it sound silly, but sometime (as now) I will be watching something and if the actor or news subject shows someone in pain...I hurt, I hurt so bad

I guess too much TV is bad for you...

Smile - I especially can't handle the infomercials about animals being abused. I fall apart. I change the channel immediately. I guess not facing the reality of it may make me appear to be indifferent. But the extreme opposite is the case.

There is a lot of violence and sadness on TV. You have the right to turn the channel or turn it off at any time. I try to avoid watching TV programs that have a lot of violence in them like Criminal Mind because humans acting evil just disturbs me too much. You're not alone.

I also tear up when I'm driving and an ambulance drives by with its siren on.
Old 20-04-2015, 07:30 PM
Master

The fact that I react with emotion reminds me that I am a person with an emotional side.
Old 20-04-2015, 07:35 PM
Smile it's just me

BLACKRAVEN~ THANK YOU!

I can't handle those informercials about those poor animals either and just have to turn it!

I use to live down the road from a hospital and would have to hear the ambulance constantly...it was just too much for me, I would have seizures because I was so upset all the time...now I live on Molokai, HI. and it is very peaceful....Haven't had a seizure in years...But when an ambulance does come up here I get that deep feeling and have to hold back the tears.
Old 20-04-2015, 07:38 PM
Smile it's just me

LUCYAN28 ~ I have to admit though...being able to tune-in to the actors emotions can be fun during a comedy! I sometime wonder what my neighbors must think when I just bust out laughing in the middle of the night.