Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-04-2015, 04:27 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
Ivy, thanks.
i would like for you to lighten up.
less focusing on the Unhelpful Thinking styles and more on experiencing abundant joy is my wish for you.

Thank you. Although, from looking within myself, I am peace rather than joyful. Joyful would be a selfish wish for myself... each day I work with young people who have various difficulties that often cause emotions to stir and behaviour that comes from that.

Many of them have a lifetime of negative comments and negative expectations of them, they are the naughty kid, the weird kid, the nutter, the good for nothing. Sure they should just lighten up and be joyful whilst the world looks down at them. But Sometimes some understanding is needed, to spot when there is a problem and provide opportunity for those young people to deal with it.

I don't know why Octy feels so negative, but I don't think I'm so bad for taking that on. But at the same time, I've had some wonderful news in my life and have written lighter threads that relate to me. There you go, for a bit of balance, if you want to see the lighter me http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=84716
Old 21-04-2015, 05:52 AM
Octy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
Perfect. :) It's only when we stop seeking we find the answer.
Isn't that the truth!
Old 21-04-2015, 05:54 AM
Octy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
Yes, searching implies a desire for something else, something better. And desire always creates a vacillating mind, which is either in the past or future, never in the present.

And both Jesus and Buddha had emphasized the present as the source of spiritual empowerment.

As the enlightened sage Sri Sri Ravi Shankar says, "Desire means the present is not sufficient; it is not okay the way it is now. Desire means projection to the next moment. Desire means being unaware of the Infinity. Desire simply means you don't know yourself ".

Best wishes.
Thanks ajay :) I agree with the 'Desire' aspect by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Old 21-04-2015, 05:57 AM
Octy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
On the contrary you seem spiritually alive, perhaps not aware of your capacity or "path" yet - perhaps with good reason, you may still be looking about for what's appropriate for you, as part of everything you do and are.

But the fact you haven't fallen for a lot of the pseudo-spirituality out there says a great deal. You are not one to be taken in by bull.... and you are asking questions. AP takes a fair bit of time. I still hit trouble from time to time after many years of working with it.

You're driving your own life so it sounds, and at this stage perhaps that's enough. It makes you different from the ordinary, un-spiritually-aware person.

Bless you Lorelyen, that was really sweet to read
Old 21-04-2015, 05:59 AM
Octy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenvdb64
If you are coming up to the age of 42 - 49 you will find yourself in a 7 year cycle related to Spiritual awakening.

It is useful to find a way to connect to your Higher Self during this time. Meditation is a profound experience and useful tool for your spiritual development during this cycle. If you cry during meditation, then it is a good sign of chakra blocks being removed and you are opening up to the Universe. Keep going.
This is interesting to know, thank you lenvdb64. I did wonder if crying was a way to work through blockages.
Old 21-04-2015, 06:08 AM
Octy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
In many ways, sensible thoughts from both you and your husband.

We can rely on our experience and when sharpened, our intuition. You can't explain life any more than you can, say, understand a piece of cake. You can enjoy it - or otherwise - but...understand it?

But we do have soul - it's just a word used for something most of us recognise and experience, the driving force behind our ontic selves (our individual state of being). We're all different from each other, our relationships within our milieu are different from any other (even though our ego processing allows us to engage communally). Why?

Much of our being is of course the result of our upbringing and milieu - but very few of us didn't as kids rebel against authority/parents in some measure at least - and that's a symptom of a driving force deeper than upbringing. It's here our selfhood lies.

What it might be, what causes it, is anyone's guess. But it's there. Whether there's an ultimate answer is anyone's guess. We believe in things - some indoctrinated, some resulting from our own enquiry. Even the atheist has to believe there's no "god" and death brings oblivion. Fact is, no one knows for certain (unless they're a very strange or lucky person. But again, they alone have the evidence they need).

Searching shouldn't cause unhappiness if you're prepared to be honest - not always easy. Many (you see them on these forums) are looking for a way out of a problem and that's as good as any reason for seeking a spiritual answer. But (to me) you have to be motivated to enhance your spirituality.

It could just be that that driving force directs you to a spiritual life. It could be that you think you should be more spiritual because you recognise that the "you" you think you know probably isn't the real you! (In which case you have some work ahead).

Otherwise, it's as your husband says, just be.. Bide your time until something suggests itself.

Bests....
Thanks again Lorelyen :) There were many points that resonated with me. I am open, and perhaps, trying too hard? It is ironic. Once I posted about the conversation with my husband, I put everything out of my mind. And the next big sign came my way, which for me, was out of the blue. Still, for now, I will let it be and like you said, bide my time until something suggests itself. For once though, I am able to clear my mind and become more aware of signs, or rather 'unaware' to the point things stand out - not sure if this makes sense
Old 21-04-2015, 06:25 AM
Octy

Thanks lifensoul and celest and everyone who has contributed. Yes my husband (as darling as he is) does not believe in anything other than 'human' experiences, yet, he is happy for me to pursue anything that makes me happy. My happiness is his happiness. Perhaps I have overlooked how much of a teacher he really is. In that, he focuses on 'love', which, if I am to be honest, is what I'm drawn to when it comes to spirituality.

You know those people who are loving and positive and they, well, just shine? They are the ones I look up to. There is something about them. Not just happiness, something more. You only have to think of Mother Teresa to know what I'm talking about. There is this special quality about them. Ajay has it! (Sorry Ajay to highlight you - for me it is easy to see) As do many on here.

For me, spirituality is not about sitting in a lotus position and levitating (hope no one takes offence to that)... to me, it is 'LOVE'.

And to top it off, it is so nice to know that those who are more enlightened, knowledgeable and experienced are available to lend some comforting words of wisdom. In most of the threads, I felt out of my depth. In this thread, I have felt a lot of love! Thank you!
Old 21-04-2015, 07:20 AM
Master
I think its important to accept that moment when you feel real bla ,dead ,empty its all a part of the process..............no need to be stuck there though ,there is the Love of God and Jesus and their love for us available to one......................
Old 22-04-2015, 07:23 AM
Octy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepsoul
I think its important to accept that moment when you feel real bla ,dead ,empty its all a part of the process..............no need to be stuck there though ,there is the Love of God and Jesus and their love for us available to one......................

Thanks Deepsoul, acceptance of the moment (whatever that may bring) is the way to go.