Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-04-2015, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepsoul
Connecting with God...
Funny, this was all I saw....and stopped reading.
Nothing complicated there!

Know God.
Know who you are.
Know the love that is there for you...dirty or clean, rude or nice...
still there loving you.
So it's easy to love yourself when THAT kinda Love
is there.
But, intellectualize it and it's pretty much flat.
Key words are know and connect, as Deepsoul said.

My 2 cents.

Second best practice? Be someone that you love being.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-04-2015, 03:38 AM
Master
self love - best practices

[when the need arises:] imagine two selves; one is hurting and in need.
self love is in providing the care needed, and in accepting that aid.

i do not believe that too much love is possible. but i have heard
it said that the physical body cannot adequately house the full expression
of Source ~ it would vaporize our 3D forms.
Old 14-04-2015, 06:28 AM
Master
I guess what I was saying about too much Love was if its blinding you to the complexity of what we are,like if we were to go around thinking and acting as though our own needs are the most important in the universe, which I guess wouldnt be love at all, just trying to say spread the love around ................... Resting butterfly
Old 14-04-2015, 06:53 AM
Master
love flows.
we humans are conduits for that flowing expression.
when we are ill-functioning, the love that flows to us
can be dispersed into the void... aimlessly.
using that love to heal our forms, to mend our vessels
(as needed), allows us to fill with love, and then share
all excess with our fellows ~ "my cup runneth over".
Old 14-04-2015, 07:44 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
self love - best practices

[when the need arises:] imagine two selves; one is hurting and in need.
self love is in providing the care needed, and in accepting that aid.

Thank you for this, I've been doing this for the last week or so with some positive results.
Old 14-04-2015, 08:18 AM
Master
Attaining self love is most difficult because it ties in with what you are on all levels .

If one is not feeling the self love then why is that?

One can enquire as to why not and at the same time enquire into what you are that can love or not, that can feel love of self or not .

When one ascertains why they don't self love then one can work with that .. the usual practice of acceptance and forgiveness is key but it's not easy ... there can be the intention to forgive self and one can say out loud I FORGIVE MYSELF but what does that actually do for you?

Not a lot but it's a good start, it's similar to recognising one has poison and then begins the process of drawing it out and then cleansing, purifying with sincerity being at the heart of it all ..

x dazzle x
Old 14-04-2015, 10:19 AM
Eudaimonist

The first step to self-love is self-acceptance. You need to avoid disowning parts of yourself that you don't like.

Accepting those things doesn't mean approving of them. It simply means that you accept that they are a part of you right now.

Self-love then means nurturing who you are, in light of both your reality and your potentials. It means being open to growth in full knowledge of who you are.

eudaimonia,

Mark
Old 14-04-2015, 03:25 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eudaimonist
The first step to self-love is self-acceptance. You need to avoid disowning parts of yourself that you don't like.

Accepting those things doesn't mean approving of them. It simply means that you accept that they are a part of you right now.

Self-love then means nurturing who you are, in light of both your reality and your potentials. It means being open to growth in full knowledge of who you are.

eudaimonia,

Mark

I agree with this, well explained.
Old 14-04-2015, 03:42 PM
Ascender

I've done soul work for a while you guys... I know god and feel him in constant presence. I have already prayed and pleaded for help, numerous occasions, for years. I accept myself generally speaking.. except parts that don't accept other parts. All of it has taken me to neutral ground about myself. I like being me, I don't think I'd want to be anyone else. But none of this stuff has inspired love. I don't know, seems like in this type of stuff you go full circle, back to where you were before damages happened. My stuff started so young there is no such place or time I felt that way to go back to. Everyone has a particularly aggressive issue(s) and this one is mine. I am content with neutrality if that's the best I can do.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Old 14-04-2015, 03:46 PM
Neutrality is like an oasis in a storm!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru