Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 09-04-2015, 06:40 PM
Create Your Desires

Fastest growing religion?

Hey Hey!

I was reading some statistics the other day and it showed me that the fastest growing "religion" is not what you would probably think.

It is "Atheism." I suppose that isn't even a religion really. And that it isn't really a religion is what really says something!

Why do you think that is??

Here is what I think....

We now live in the "information age." And people are learning at higher and higher rates then ever. They now have info at their disposal on any subject. Haha, ANY subject ;-)

Before the internet, folks were really limited in their search for knowledge. Access to knowledge and info is... oh I don't know.... about 1000000 times more accessable and abundant.

And the youngest generations are the ones that get the most exposure to this Info Age, It's what they know best. So it leads them to ask questions and get answers, or at least find new info to add to their search and expand their questions.

And frankly, traditional "Religion" is not what they are finding they agree with.

I can relate to that. I was a raised "Christian" and went to church etc for over 20 years.

But then.... the internet. I found/still find tremendously valuable and alternative information that seems to make a lot of sense to me. Probably you too since you are getting this email ;-) (Thanks by the way for actually wanting to read these)

What I've discovered so far is that Religion is based in some valuable information. So why then are people straying?
I'd say it is because of the "twists" that religion puts into their construct.

For instance, I was a Christian, they told me I could commit any "sin" except Not believe in Jesus and commit suicide. ???

And if God gave us free will, why then would we be banished to Hell for making certain decisions??? If God Loves us unconditionally.... what's with the conditions???

And what of this "Devil" charactor that has little children shaking like nuts at night??
Why would this All Powerful God allow this dude to exist??
Why did this Jesus dude need to die for our sins???

So.... a few, lets say... inconsistencies.

But with the internet, ohhhh the internet (I'd give it a big fat kiss if I could Muah), has exposed many of us to alternative info... Namely

The Law of Attraction (LOA)!!! That beautiful little piece of info.

That has changed folks thinking dramatically on a growing basis.

At first look, LOA seems far fetched (even if you already believed the religous.... stories that are far fetched themselves).

But as one learns more about what the LOA is and digs deeper, they find more reason in the idea. More Logic. More sense.

You see LOA is like a magnetic force (which we know exists(check your refridgerator door)).
And it responds to us. Because even science shows us that we are actually just balls of organized energy, and that energy is at a very specific vibration. Unique for every person.

This vibration is what the LOA responds to. Then we realize everything in our life is 100% because of us. Our own personal decisions. How we feel, what we think, what we believe.

And there is no disputing magnetism. There won't be one time your magnet doesn't stick to your refridgerator, or one time it does stick to a piece of plastic.

So, remember this... You ARE Creator!

You are not even capable of anything else! (and yes, destruction is still creation because creation means to make new)

One more thing, as Creator you can Be/Do/Have anything you want.

Now, if you can stay on board..... what would you like to create?

What life do you want? What experience do you desire?

Spend much time on this daily, that's my advice. Deciding what you want, believing you can have it, and allowing the idea of "it" expand in your vision will bring you more and more joy.
Pay attention to how you feel.
Do you believe it is "On" the way or "In" the way? Do what feels best and always be ON your way to your dreams.

Oh, by the way, everything that happens has value. Look for the value.

Be well,

Dr. Matt Mullaney
Old 09-04-2015, 11:23 PM
Master
Yes indeed Matt it does seem that evangelical Atheism is on the rise which I find not perplexing in the least as it is simply a belief like any other and as such requires it to be believed en mass by others as yet unconvinced of it's profundity to supplant the desire within it's adherents for support.

And as you say the internet as a treasure trove of facts and figures makes the support framework all the more worthy of supplication simply because the work required is lessened to a degree that anyone with a good memory for facts and figures can be included.

But to me it's far less about the atheism and far more about the grouping mechanism under the banner of a shared belief. Why this might be so and why such numbers might require such a bulwark to stand before is what interests me though only so much that it's vaguely interesting and not at all as a composite structure against which to advance my own belief system.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:32 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Create Your Desires
Hey Hey!

I was reading some statistics the other day and it showed me that the fastest growing "religion" is not what you would probably think.

It is "Atheism." I suppose that isn't even a religion really. And that it isn't really a religion is what really says something!

Not so sure about that. From a philosophical view, it takes as much a stretch of belief that there is no-God and nothing created the universe (as we perceive it) and that oblivion follows death, as it does to subscribe to one of the packaged religions or Gnosticism (which is less of a package because its content depends on the individual).

Quote:
And there is no disputing magnetism. There won't be one time your magnet doesn't stick to your refridgerator, or one time it does stick to a piece of plastic.
Nice to be able to draw analogy from physics but dodgy trying to project conclusions based on the analogy. It takes no account of conduction. The magnet will stick to the fridge when in very, very close proximity to the fridge, unless it's a very strong magnet whereupon the fridge might be drawn to the magnet. So a medium or channel is involved. Free air(?) plus human, mechanical or electronic intent. How do these fit with your analogy? You may say "human intent". But the human lets the magnet go when stuck to the desired object.

And of course, what happens when you try to stick it to something you think is ferrous but isn't? This would seem pertinent trying to analogise the Law of Attraction if considering that the human is the magnet hoping to attract. And it will attract because of the lack of something in the attracted entity.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:56 AM
Master
This sounds very positive
At least, more likely then not, those we would call atheists, think and question. In comparison to those who attach themselves to a religion, or where attached to one.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:05 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
This sounds very positive
At least, more likely then not, those we would call atheists, think and question. In comparison to those who attach themselves to a religion, or where attached to one.

Most important - questioning before you subscribe.

Old 10-04-2015, 12:22 PM
Master

Fastest growing religion? Truth.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 10-04-2015, 12:50 PM
Suspended
The statistics would be more relevant if produced for a specific area.. The fastest growing religion in Europe is Buddhism, and the fastest growing religion in South America is a certain type of Protestantism as I recall.. In Korea, evangelicalism is the fastest growing form of religion.

Often, people use the term Humanism now instead of Atheism. As a philosophy of life this is taught on the school curriculum in the UK, along with other major world faiths.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Fastest growing religion? Truth.

That is (imo) the best description, knightofalbion.

Everything else, all paths and religions including Atheism are really subsets of it.

~ J
Old 10-04-2015, 02:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Create Your Desires
And frankly, traditional "Religion" is not what they are finding they agree with.
Hello Dr. Matt Mullaney. That's because religion has very little to offer the modern spiritual individual. The world's religions were created in a different age, and that age is now passing. Religion served a purpose at one time but no longer does, we're spiritually older and wiser now. We've moved on in our soul development and understanding.

Atheism is just another form of religion and it too will fade. Anyone who is spiritually awakened to any degree has connected with the reality of spirit, and understands spirit to be the foundation of all things. Of course recognizing spirit reality is different than claiming that "God" exists, and there I can support the foundational premise of atheism.
Old 10-04-2015, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsoul
The statistics would be more relevant if produced for a specific area.. The fastest growing religion in Europe is Buddhism, and the fastest growing religion in South America is a certain type of Protestantism as I recall.. In Korea, evangelicalism is the fastest growing form of religion.

Often, people use the term Humanism now instead of Atheism. As a philosophy of life this is taught on the school curriculum in the UK, along with other major world faiths.
Interesting, sunsoul, didn't know that...I suspected that about Korea, tho.
I have never met such ferocious believers than Koreans, whoa.

Atheism fastest growing? I would think that is so. The misinterpretations in
the Bible , mainly representing the Supreme Being as a murderous, jealous, angry brat embarrasses me! No wonder.
My ex-Catholic friends look at me
as if I'm nuts that I love 'this God'. 2015 they still think 'He' is to be terrified. Gee.

It is a wonderful thing when a person realizes happiness
draws more to be happy about!
Fear or sadness draws more of that ...sets up situations to fulfill those beliefs.

I happen to 100% believe that my Father adores me, apple of His eye...
and I adore 'Him' or, if one prefers, the Holy Spirit, acknowledge Him in all my ways, rely on Him like
a child holding His finger walking thru this life...
And, thus, I am handed gifts that many would think I make up.
I don't blame them...
Hahahaha, one small story, lol still ....the time I had a friend print out fake (enlarged slightly) $20 and $100 bills on one side...
to use a bookmarks and on my 'Vision Board, etc....
Next day, only because they were in my conscious or subconsciousness, (note, not down the block,
not at the park)...stuck in a bush on MY property of all places...was a $20 bill.
(I gave it immediately to a very dirty 'under the bridge' person walking from the store down the street...he cried.)

So what happens, my other belief system kicks in and on the way back with my dog....I find 2 MORE!....
Then a $100 bill...then more $20s;
right there at my house and blown across the street.

This is just ONE of my many stories!

Yes, what you truly believe happens or manifests...just as easily as needing a saftey pin on a hike and
knowing you will find one and there it IS.

The Universe, as is said, doesn't know the difference between a button and a castle ...
I tell ya...nothing is impossible.

And, hi Dr. Matt.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru