Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

View Poll Results: How useful is this information to you?
Extremely useful to me 8 53.33%
Somewhat useful to me 5 33.33%
Not at all useful to me 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2016, 06:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Does Sri Vasudeva teach any specific techniques to aid in a personal, direct experience of inner Light?

Yes. The technique of accessing grace through meditation and prayer. It is grace that brings the experiences.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:43 PM
Master
Fish Centering

Day 9 of 40: April 9, 2016

Today Sri Vasudeva continued on the topic of deepening the view of the observer as a means to get to one's center of power, a center of all possibilities. Today he introduced the 7 major chakras as the most important instruments of power both to get there and to use once centered in the Source.

I use these chakras, consciously or mostly unconsciously, in every moment. They allow me to drive my brain and every organ in my body (the endocrine glands, the nervous system - all the biology). What is also really exciting and amazing is that the chakras allow me to heal myself and others, to create things, even to do magic!

This is where meditation practice gets really exciting for me - because I own all these incredible subtle tools of power and I haven't even begun to use them to full capacity! For instance, the power to feel real peace, joy, real happiness - the kind that never goes away, harmony, wisdom, all the good things in this world and beyond this world!

Sri Vasudeva's concept of "enlightenment/liberation" that he shared today (see below) is, to me, the most empowering one because it helps me live to my fullest potential and to gradually become a light in my world whilst fully engaged in the physical dimension:

Quote:
"Liberation is
being aware that you are not the body whilst existing in it,
and being in the fullness of consciousness of who you are as a subtle being.
That's what the liberation is.
That's what the enlightenment is.
It is understanding who you really are inside of the body, not outside of the body."
~ Sri Vasudeva
Old 04-04-2016, 12:56 PM
Master
Fish The Guru Principle

Day 10 of 40: April 4/16

Today Sri Vasudeva explained that at the heart of Maha Yoga is the principle of the Guru (guru tattwa "Guru Principle") and that when the guru principle is awakened with you, the real spiritual journey begins taking you towards enlightenment.

He spoke about his early disenchantment with all the research and spiritual practices he was doing that lead him to go on a quest to India at the age of 20 to find a true guru who could awaken him. A true guru is someone who lives in that consciousness that will accelerate everything, that will bring about your spiritual awakening (paraphrasing Swami Vivekananda). It reminded me of my own disenchantment and my deep longing during the years before I met him and I remembered how dramatically everything changed after the Guru Principle within him awakened the Guru Principle within me.

The Awakened Kundalini is the true Guru.

In 2008 Sri Vasudeva devoted his entire 40 Days Observance to the topic of the Guru Principle. I think he did this in part because it is an easily misunderstood concept. Guru means "teacher" and anybody who tells you how to do something is one. Teachers of all kinds can be a catalyst on your journey but if you feel at some point feel exploited or dis-empowered in some way, you'll either try to go it alone or move on to find a better one. A true Guru wants nothing from you but to remove your ignorance - and part of that is to awaken your own personalized custom made guru inside.

What is really important to understand is that the Guru Principle is not a physical person.

The Guru Principle is sushumna-awakened Kundalini, the teacher within (Guru means "teacher). The Guru Principle is also the guidance I get from every person, thing or process I meet in my universe. Even my spiritual guides have guides. The Guru Principle is the greatest guide I know of. The Guru Principle is my highest self in full manifestation. And it is everyone's highest self.

This inner teacher takes time, effort and grace to gradually unfold in fullness in a person - but it can also manifest powerfully in sudden bursts - bursts of insight and inspiration, divine revelation, the awakening of magical powers and miraculous healings - all kinds of amazing and profound things. That's why ancient people who held on to the knowledge and experience of it worshipped it around the world as the power and knowledge of the Divine.

When the Guru Principle awakened in my spinal column this sacred energy became an intelligent guide that knew all my deepest secrets and that prompted me to purify everything about me on every level of being, transforming me in every way…and continues to do so every day…sometimes slowly, sometimes quickly. It is only my own cluttered ego that keeps creating resistance to it and creates the dark periods I have endured in my journey.

One of the blocks is sometimes a feeling of unworthiness so I was grateful when during the meditation he said.
Quote:
"Move away from any idea that you are helpless, worthless, undeserving.
Clear it out of the space.
You are Divine, you are worthy and every power that is within you in the consciousness space is within you, is yours." ~ Sri Vasudeva

The awakened Kundalini was the start of a very magical journey for me. Only when it awakened my brow chakra did I begin to discover my power to co-create my journey with this Inner Guide and to share in its powers and consciousness. That's the stage of guru awakening and the most dangerous stage where it's really tempting to co-create in a selfish way - hurting oneself and others. There are many temptations at this stage - it's a Darth Vadar stage. This is when it's so important to cultivate reverence, surrender, humility (qualities sorely lacking in today's society) and to keep reminding myself that I am not the doer, but it is God who does everything.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:46 PM
Master
Fish Meditating on the Guru

Day 11 of 40: Apr.5/16 link

Today Sri Vasudeva shared some very advanced meditation practices to attain Guru Consciousness through the mystical practice of meditating on the outer guru through Kundalini movement, prana-in-the-breath, and the bindu point of the third eye. I won't even try to condense any of that here. The link is above for a limited time and I am sure this talk will generate some very interesting discussion during the "conversation" portion of the retreat starting at 3:00p.m. Trinidad time.

It's A Mystical Relationship

The true relationship between a student and teacher (as it is with any relationship) is an inner one, and as I listened to today's talk I reflected on my own evolving Guru Consciousness and how Sri Vasudeva today gave so many deeper insights into how to develop that further using meditation techniques I hadn't thought of trying before.

The way I know it, the process is universal - St. Teresa of Avila went through it as did St. Francis of Assisi in their mystical relationship with the Master Jesus.

A lot of today's talk pertains to advanced practitioners who already have their Kundalini awakened, but in the meditation he did ask us to observe in a reflective way on our relationship with the master - these can apply to beginners also:

Quote:
What happened in meeting the master?
Why did we become attracted to the master?
What happened in the interaction with the master?
Was there an awakening on the inside?
Was there an awakening to our own spiritual consciousness?
Did the evolutionary energy of Kundalini come alive?

So it's about noticing what's going on inside on a subtle level while relating with the outer guru (listening to his words for example). Sri Vasudeva said that the whole purpose of the master's presence is to wake us to up our true nature…and that we can use that relationship taking it to a mystical level during meditation practice to deepen our self-awareness. I'm just really grateful to have this caliber of help and ongoing support.
Old 06-04-2016, 01:52 PM
Master
Fish Light My Light With Your Light

Day 12 of 40: Apr.6/16 (link)

In today's talk Sri Vasudeva introduced the concept of shaktipat deeksha - the initiation into spiritual awareness or spiritual consciousness:
Quote:
"It happens with those masters who have the power; who have such a level of power that they can initiate you simply by a look into the eyes, simply by a touch, simply by a word or simply by their will and thought." ~ Sri Vasudeva
Once that ignition began in me, my meditation practice, and my life, were transformed completely.
How I can describe to you the power of my initiation, the power of spiritual awakening when my notions of reality and self completely exploded - totally changing my experience of my self and the world around me?

There is a Sanskrit chant that says Sadguru Jyotha Se Jyotha Jagawo. It means "Enlightened Master (literally "True Guru") light my light with your light." I use this chant as an invocation to invite the energetic presence of the ascended masters into my being to awaken that which is ignorant within me, that which is sleeping within me, asking for their help and support to break my ego's resistance and to restore my consciousness to harmonious co-existence with all of life - in fullness, in every moment…and clarity, above all clarity, and the rapture of that awareness.

Even with an awakened inner Guide or Guru (Kundalini), I rely on the ongoing support of the Masters to take me deeper within and to avoid the many pitfalls on my journey to freedom. When I access the presence of a Master, I am simultaneously accessing my inner Guru - the two are one. The true Master embodies what Kundalini represents - we both worship the same Guru.
Quote:
Please guide me oh Mother of the inner space,
You are the Guru within me
You are the One manifesting in all the Masters
Guide me, lift me away from the darkness
You are the Guru within me
Clear my mental field
Clear my heart
Let me become united with You
I seek to become more aware that I am You and You are me
To You, oh Divine Mother, I bow
Aum ॐ peace peace peace
~ Sri Vasudeva
Old 07-04-2016, 01:04 PM
Master
Fish Observing Where I'm Blocked

Day 13 of 40: Apr.7/16 (link)*

Ever since Kundalini awakened in me, it transformed my meditation practice. Now when I meditate I have a Teacher (Guru or Guide) within who shows me where I am blocked in my energy body. (The energy body is the software that drives the hardware of my physical body.)

It's not a straightforward journey from root to crown chakra. It's a journey of becoming aware of what is being purified and transformed in me, becoming aware of how that is being done and how and when and why I am co-operating or resisting the process. It's a journey of hard knocks. It's a tough journey - one that needs a lot of support and patience and surrender and discipline and sometimes…being kind to myself because it can take a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time to get anywhere...or to feel that I am getting anywhere. I can't complain tho' because with this Inner Guide it's a very exciting journey, a very magical journey and the more I grow the less I know, which is a good thing!

Everyone's Journey is Unique and Individual

The topic of today's talk was about kryias - it's a misunderstood Sanskrit word representing manifestations of Kundalini in the subtle body, and sometimes in the physical body, but also in the world outside. It's really about all the different and unique ways the Inner Guide purifies and transforms us. It is not necessary to have dramatic things happening during meditation. Also, everyone's journey is unique and individual. It's really important that I don't compare myself to others in this. And I really hate it when others judge me based on where they are at. It's an intimate experience, a personal experience and one where support goes hand-in-hand with trust and mutual respect.

In today's talk and meditation* Sri Vasudeva showed me what to look for and how to work with this awakened energy. I leave off this post with his words, wishing you every blessing on your journey:

Quote:
"...another day on this amazing journey of life seeking to awaken that Guru power within us. We are blessed to have the support of the Masters and the Supreme Kundalini energy within us. May the secrets of Mahayoga become open to you. Have a blessed day everyone. Namaskar."

-------------------------------
To join in the question-answer period 3pm Trinidad time, email [email protected] or join the livestream chat

Last edited by Uma : 07-04-2016 at 02:05 PM.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:06 PM
Master
Fish Oh Goddess Within

Day 14 of 40: Apr.8/16 (link)

Sri Vasudeva today spoke about Maha Yoga - that this path has nothing to do with the forcing of Kundalini, but rather is about the joy of learning how to work with this Divine "I am Guru" power. This is the power that the Hindus and other ancient cultures identify as the Goddess-Mother within all of life. She has many names because She manifests in so many ways.

Kundalini can be thought of as a divine parent caring for and carrying each and every soul. For me personally, it is a daily practice and way of life to learn to see Her/His presence, learn to work co-creatively with Her/Him, and to identify more powerfully with Her/Him as my own Divine Self.

Today's guided meditation gave a lot of concrete steps in practicing these three things, so I refer you to the link above if you want to try it.

Learning to see Kundalini's presence in me and in my world:
Awakened Kundalini moves in me and in my world as energy and information, power and guidance, movement and consciousness. When I am in a kind of meditation mode She/He moves. Whether I am paying for gas or sitting at home in half lotus, I am looking for the energy and information I need to keep me more centered and guided in divine consciousness. I could describe working with Kundalini as a super-enhanced version of mindfulness practice or present moment awareness. My goal is always to keep this attitude, to deepen it and to never ever lose it.

Learning to co-create with Kundalini:
There is a lot I could write about this one because it can be so problematic. In meditation once the Kundalini first awakened She/He showed me what chakra to focus on (what area of life to focus on). Later as this energy awakened my brow chakra more powerfully, I felt more able to grab hold of this energy and make it do what I want it to! On one hand I could use this power for good and do noble things like healing work or insight meditation to connect with my spiritual guides and intuit more powerfully. In meditation I could force open any chakra I wanted to (on a physical level). On the other hand, this could easily go to my head and become another temptation and pitfall on the path. We all know the saying "Be careful what you wish for, you might get it." I have seen and experienced karmic consequences to my actions and the wisdom of this saying. I've learned it is much less painful to live in alignment with Divine Intention, and not my own self-serving or deluded rescuer impulses.

There is a saying "God touches you with a feather and if you don't listen He will hit you with a brick." The feather is the Inner Guide and the brick is the karmic consequence of ignoring the Guide. It's marvellous how Kundalini manifests not only in my body but through people, situations, books, dreams, and the outer guru (my teacher) - so if I am not getting the message internally she will work through everything that appears external to me. She shows me all my flaws and my good points too, and hints at what to do with them. As Guruji has taught me so life has taught me - humility is staying in alignment - surrendering to the Divine.

She is the Divine Me
That "I am Divine" consciousness that comes sometimes in meditation accompanied by feelings of expansiveness and bliss is all about me connecting in the most intimate way with Kundalini - or rather I am not doing it, Kundalini is doing it, through the grace of the Guru Principle. This also manifests in my mystical relationship with my Guru.
Quote:
"Who is the outer guru? Nothing else but the manifestation of pure Kundalini on the outside."
I feel so blessed to have a teacher like that who can advise me on the inside as well as the outside. <3

Some words of inspiration from Sri Vasudeva's prayer to Kundalini:
Quote:
Help me to see Your presence within me.
Help me to know that it is You in my space bringing the Light helping me out of the darkness.
Let me see You oh Mother.
Let me hold Your hands and walk with You.
Guide me out of the darkness.
Forgive me for my missteps.
I may make many but keep holding my hand.

Give me the grace that I can see Your hand.
Strengthen my will, my resolve that I can keep my attention on You and I can keep holding your hand.
I need You on the path.
You are the Master within me and outside of me.
Let me see Your presence in the Guru Tattwa.
Old 09-04-2016, 01:24 PM
These reports are great, Uma!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-04-2016, 01:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
These reports are great, Uma!

Thanks - I am having quite a lot of fun doing them!
Old 09-04-2016, 02:00 PM
Master
Fish Spring Cleaning

Day 15 of 40 April 9, 2016 (link)

Preparing for the royal visit
Continuing on the subject of the awakened Kundalini, Sri Vasudeva had me imagining what it would be like if the queen were coming to visit my home. He said:
Quote:
"Now you are having this visitor within your being who is going to turn your life around, who is going to shake your world. If you know that such an important visitor is going to come around, how are you going to greet this visitor? How are you going to prepare for this visitor?"
I was reminded of the beautiful words by Tsleil-Waututh Nation Chief Dan George from his "Great Spirit" prayer:
Quote:
"Oh Great Spirit ...Make me always ready to come to you with clean hands and straight eyes so when life fades, as the fading sunset, my spirit may come to you without shame."
Sri Vasudeva also referred to the Yamas and Niyamas of Pantalis and the Noble Eightfold Path of Buddha as suggestions about what might need cleaning. All of this is of course about working with the Divine to purify the chakras so that Kundalini may be able to enter and open them up more.

There is always more to clean
Sadly, I am always learning "clean enough is never good enough" (((sigh)))
Why is that? It's because the higher up I go, the divine space is so pure, any vibration, even thought ruins it. The Judeo-Christian Bible says:
Quote:
"When the Lord saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, “Moses! Moses!” And Moses said, “Here I am.” “Do not come any closer,” God said. “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.” ~ Exodus 3:4-5
I totally get this - because when my mind goes silent I don't even want to breathe. Purity is like a cloud. If I am heavy with the baggage of mind, I can't stay up there.

Even though Kundalini has ascended to my head area, there is still so much dirt in the chakras below it takes constant work to maintain a clean space that will attract Kundalini to move higher and to attract the support of the ascended masters to send me the grace that will shift my "I" into a more pure and transcendental space. When I do the work of purification, when I follow Her prompts on where to focus more, my meditation is always better… mostly because my conscience is clear (but's it's also about energy/vibes).

The ego follows the hands
I am not at the ashram environment now but I can practice at home what they do there every day several times a day which is the practice of "selfless service" (seva). It's a purification tool. The work is usually very physical work like washing dishes, helping in the garden, cleaning toilets, or heavier work in the jungle picking coconuts and things - depending on one's interests and abilities. It is said that as we work on these cleaning types of seva, it cleans our inside as well. In fact whatever I'm working on has a corresponding effect on the inside. The chakra(s) in question becomes more purified. I have experienced this effect and it is remarkable how the outer work parallels the inner work! And vice versa!

Here's a photo of Sri Vasudeva getting down in the dirt at the ashram (in the center):
In today's talk Sri Vasudeva outlined the steps I need to take in my daily life to purify my ego and in the meditation he outlined how I can use control of prana(life force) in the breath to purify the chakras on a subtler level. But the two practices - outer and inner - really work synergistically. Meditation alone isn't going to take me to liberation. I've got to do my spring cleaning all the time no matter the season, and I've got to do it mindfully, with my observer awareness sort of supervising it all.

Here is part of Sri Vasudeva's affirmation for today to help me:
Quote:
I seek to open up to the light that all darkness from every room within me, every dimension within me, may be dispelled.
I open my being to the support of the master within me, the master outside of me and the grace of the infinite within me.
My heart is in gratitude.
I seek to stay on this path of self-transformation.
It is my goal. It is my destiny. May I continue to be worthy of it.
Aum ॐ peace peace peace