Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 16-04-2017, 03:43 PM
Knower

Is There A Heaven?

I am not convinced there is a heaven. There are about 7.5 billion people on planet earth. Is there a large enough heaven to accommodate the number of people that die each year. Maybe there are many heavens.

The religious concept of heaven is a beautiful place, somewhere high in the sky and it is divided into realms. The realms accommodate the angels, archangels etc. There are separate realms that house people that have died into different classifications as to how they performed here on earth.

How does our spirit find heaven when we die? There would have to be many spirit people working in heaven to organize housing and new life plans for people to reincarnate.

How would the spirit people find there way back here when they are supposed to enter into a new life somewhere? Or do they stay in heaven forever!! Do these spirit people just fly around and talk to others in heaven?

The religious concept of heaven is not believable. I believe that when we die, it is dust to dust and ashes to ashes. This is the cycle of nature, similar to the animal kingdom.

With a population of 7.5 billion, could there be any other way?
Old 16-04-2017, 05:00 PM
Knower
I think instead of going into thee light or what not, we should stay where ewe are and recuperate gain back our memories a bit, cause when people die we tend to be distorted and out of sync, and if we just take the time to gather ourselves things will become clear and we will know where to go from there. so yes I think there are many heavens as there are soul groups.
Old 16-04-2017, 05:39 PM
Master

My belief is that everyone is on their very own spiritual journey, in this game called life. I think at some point, we all come to this question. Is there really a heaven, if so, what is it, where is it, etc etc.

I believe the answer may be different for everyone as well. In Seth Speaks by Jane Roberts, Jane channels Seth and Seth started writing books through her, and this was a big topic of his discussion, and he has a very intriguing answer.

Before I found this book, I found Sylvia Browne, whose book The Other Side and Back - at least I think that is the one, she has 2 books with very similar titles, explains what she has learned from her spirit guide Francine as to what the heck we do after we die? This book reasonated with me. I loved it. I was an ex-catholic looking to find my spiritual path, and this came at a time when I needed an answer.

So, now that you have asked the question, allow that you can get the answer. Notice what comes into your life, what thoughts pop into your head, what things appear that may lead to an answer.

When I read Sylvia's book, there was one sentence that changed my life forever. I can't quote it verbatum, but it was that there is no devil - man created the devil to get people to fear so that they would go to church and the church could make money. Now, that I believed. I am really not trashing any religion, but for me, that made sense. As someone who was traumatized in my childhood by this "devil is going to get you" belief that I was raised with, to instantly know that it wasn't true, it released all fear of death within me - which honestly, I didn't realize I had.

So if was a 2-fer.

Allow that your answer to this question will be your answer and will feel good to you in a way no one else can describe for you.

Although - I am in the middle of reading this book. I love books about Life after Death, and have read several, and this one really blew me away. Heaven is Beautiful by Peter Baldwin Panagore. I picked this up in a thrift store, and just started reading it yesterday because I have this head cold and I'm just trying to get through that LOL, and starting about page 70, which sets up the situation of his death, and on, OMG, it is the most beautiful thing I have ever read in my life. Having come a ways down my own spiritual path, this to me truly felt right. Not that the others were wrong, but they were all pointing to this one aspect that I just couldn't really grasp and his beautiful writings finally allowed me to feel, somewhat, what the others were all talking about.

So, anyway, it's a good question.

I just had to find an Abraham video about this, because I love passing Abraham on. Esther Hicks channels Abraham for hundreds of people all over the US, and other countries as well, and has been doing this work for about 30 years now. If you go to You Tube and type in Abraham Hicks and any subject, you will most likely find a lot of audio files people have posted from Abraham on that subject. So I found one on this subject for you. If you are not familiar with Abraham, or have never heard of them, you might want to skip to 3:33.

And in the listening to this (for you LOL) I got to 4:29, and again the explanation of source energy that Abraham is talking about, I finally - sort of as much as I can right now - understand what they are meaning, all because I read this passage in this book about Life after Death, and the beautiful explanation in there.

Oh, and there is no death. No one dies. Our bodies dies and decay, but our spirits are forever. So, if you have not embraced that concept, maybe people come to that realization after having lost a loved one. That's really when the questions for me started.

Just my 2 cents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMX-pohH08M

Abraham Hicks - Death and What Lies Beyond
Old 16-04-2017, 06:08 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florence
I am not convinced there is a heaven. ...

1. if you believe "there isn't" you won't find one, and if you believe "there is" you'll find one as per your expectations

2. you can't comprehend how large "infinite" is
Old 16-04-2017, 06:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
1. if you believe "there isn't" you won't find one, and if you believe "there is" you'll find one as per your expectation

2. you can't comprehend how large "infinite" is

Too true! And what Seth explains in his book as well. Our beliefs form our reality....
Old 17-04-2017, 10:03 AM
Master
There is a heaven and it is so vast that you can't comprehend it. Read the books by Michael Newton cause they explain how souls travel from earth back to the spirit world.
Old 17-04-2017, 01:57 PM
Suspended
Guide
Hello,
Heaven is whatever you and wherever you think it is,I have always believed that when you die you go inward not out there somewhere,everyone points to the sky,which is quite normal,God created the heavens and the earth.

When I have been out of my body I am microscopic,or just a spec of consciousness, I never see any other entities,heavenly or only once I saw my mate Eddie whose funeral was the day I visited him in purgatory.

But in all honesty,heaven is what you expect it to be.

Regards Billy
Old 18-04-2017, 08:57 PM
Seeker

Heaven is what you make it, as simple as that.
Old 19-04-2017, 05:22 AM
Knower

There is something after this life. Not a heaven as you may have pictured. Humans are not in a body anymore as far as I 'know'.
Old 19-04-2017, 07:02 PM
Newbie ;)

To add a little to this,

In the Bible, in Luke 17:21 Jesus spoke: "The kingdom of heaven is within you."

Considering the concept of heaven is largely thanks to the Christian religion, Jesus seemed to speak in a way that seems very aligned with Buddha.

I believe the utility of Christianity has taken the truth a bit off-course when it comes to heaven and the afterlife.

Rather than accepting what Christ actually said, many will defer to heaven as a reward for actions. I think this is largely due to the nature of humanity - which is an innocent thing, but it still complicates matters.

I believe Jesus was an enlightened man, like Buddha, who showed the world that they are wrong about God as they know it. He had to speak in parables because the audience would not accept the straight truth, and this is where the never ending circle of interpretations started.

In becoming aware of this process, I have been able to identify the utilities in religion, apart from the truths, and I do this by looking for the kingdom of heaven within me.