Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

View Poll Results: How useful is this information to you?
Extremely useful to me 8 53.33%
Somewhat useful to me 5 33.33%
Not at all useful to me 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-03-2015, 11:59 AM
Master
Fish March 25th/15: Self-Mastery = World Mastery

The "40 Days" began last night with an introductory talk focusing on how we can create change in our outer world most powerfully by creating change in our inner world. It made me think that while the Buddha spoke of ending suffering through detachment; and Jesus spoke of treating with suffering by offering love in return; Sri Vasudeva offers a third perspective (in addition to detachment and love), that is: using the meditative mind to transform suffering.

What I took from this talk is that mental self-mastery is the secret to transforming everyone and everything in the physical and astral worlds around me. This isn't about power and control BTW, it's really about love and surrender.

What is this "holding" he is talking about? The entire universe is an experience in the pure consciousness. We are emanations of pure consciousness. "I am That" We hold the physical body in some version of that pure consciousness yet what we experience in ordinary consciousness is that "I am the physical body" "I am the mind" "I am Joe" or whatever… Getting centered in that pure space is to be in the control room, in the space of power, the space of invincibility and maximum strength, joy, happiness.

Sri Vasudeva spoke of an ancient scientific formula of using the meditative mind, the silent mind, to transform people and situations that challenge us.

He spoke about Arjuna, a disciple of Dronacharyia the teacher of archery in ancient vedic scripture who, when he looked up into a tree for a bird to shoot with his arrow, saw only the eye of the bird, therefore he was able to hit a bullseye.

So too, when we can train the mind to focus so sharply on a goal, we have the first tool to effect change, a mental tool. This is a brow chakra quality.

Then the emotion comes into it, a heart chakra quality. When we have the intense curiosity and desire to achieve something, that is like the wings of the arrow giving it power.

Actually all seven of our chakras empower the arrow. We also need vitality from the navel chakra to give the arrow power and the power of the other chakras too (but I am getting ahead of myself - there are 40 days yet to come when this gets more fully explained).

The big idea I took from this is that in a new world we need to carry the consciousness of divinity in every moment, to treat with ourselves as divine beings and likewise every being in the world as divine also. For one to evolve through meditation, to become invincible and attain perfect peace, it has to become a moment to moment experience, not just a daily practice.

Quote:
"The more you hold your world favourably and with good wishes in your consciousness, the more your world will change"
~ Sri Vasudeva

My homework: To treat with everyone as a divine being held in pure consciousness as I strive towards moment-to-moment meditation.

Every day the talks will be uploaded for 1 day for free and can be accessed here.
Better yet watch it on the video archive (scroll down and scroll right) here