Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 15-01-2012, 06:18 AM
sesheta

I saw this thread earlier and I've been thinking about it ever since....

I have to agree that, no, I don't think you ever "prove" to someone that you love them. You can express and/or show your love you have for them...but it is up to the other person whether or not they interpret that as love or not! Love is such a completely emotional, individual thing, I don't think proof can even exist! Example:

Someone can buy you flowers every day, take you out on dates, tell you that they love you...do all those little things that are supposed to be on "the list" of "how to know someone loves you". But if you don't love them....all the flowers and dinner dates in the world aren't going to make you feel something that you don't feel! The country singer George Strait has a song that sums it up perfectly:
You Can't Make A Heart Love Somebody
Old 15-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Nada

You just love as much as you are capable based on your own individual limit.
When you love someone, it just shows and it can not be helped.
Hopefully, the other person can pick up the cues. However, everyone has their own insecurities, doubts, and distractions. Therefore, just TELL the other person how much you love him/her.
I have learned that an expression of love can be mis-understood.
So, it is best to just TELL them.
This means that you have to overcome your own fear of rejection and your own insecurity.
But you will be a stronger person afterward - no matter what the response will be.
You will be better prepared for your next love if the response is negative.
Good luck!
Old 15-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggi
Could you prove to someone you love them?

I don't think I could. If I've told someone I love them and they need proof, then it doesn't matter what else I say or do, they're never going to believe it for themselves.

Of course our actions can reinforce the idea of love - acting with kindness and tolerance, for example.