Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 22-01-2017, 08:17 PM
Suspended
Guide

Bob's employer employs more than 15,000 people ...
It's their greatest asset when negotiating insurance or any service they provide their employees ...

Thanks for the tips ...
I take Digestive Advantage, I have now become lactose intolerant ...

Funny story about my colonoscopy ...
While waiting to fall asleep for my procedure, the nurses were trying to communicate w/a non-English speaking patient who kept saying "no english" --- her daughter just dropped her off & left ...
The attending nurses kept telling the nurse at the desk to find a translator ...
When I woke up after the colonoscopy, the nurse asked how I was doing ...
Incredibly, the words that came out of my mouth were "no English - I need a translator" ...
Everyone including myself roared w/laughter ...
Old 22-01-2017, 09:43 PM
Master

It sounds like Bob's employer puts their employees first. Something that isn't done much anymore.

What a funny story. I had to laugh.

Well it sounds like you are doing well with the digestive Advantage so don't tip the boat. Go with what works!

Hopefully you are able to handle better foods today than broth and crackers. Poor thing.
Old 24-01-2017, 12:56 AM
Master

I have finally found a pretzel that is gluten and corn free. Quinn Pretzels. I haven't tested it yet but it says right on the package gluten, corn and dairy free.

Here is the list of ingredients: whole grain sorghum flour, brown rice flour, tapioca flour, potato flour, potato starch, organic palm oil, salt, cane sugar, xanthan gum, organic honey, apple cider vinegar, sodium bicarbonate, sea salt, sunflower lecithin.
Old 24-01-2017, 04:15 AM
Suspended
Guide

That's great ...
It's always better to be adding than subtracting from one's food list ...

Bummer, I can't eat those either ...
Too much sugar, I think that's what caused me to get sick from jams & jellies even though I never had problems w/them before crohn's ...
Old 24-01-2017, 03:35 PM
Master

Yes, I am always focused on living as normally as I can and that means finding some way to add foods I used to take for granted.

That makes sense regarding the jams and jellies.

Can you make your own jams and jellies? The reason I ask is Pomonas Pectin relies on calcium water (calcium powder packet included) to thicken the jam or jelly rather than sugar. Many diabetics use it to make their own.

You can find it on Amazon.
Old 24-01-2017, 07:16 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Yes, I am always focused on living as normally as I can and that means finding some way to add foods I used to take for granted.

Here, here!
Last night, I tried 1/4 of a ham sandwich w/out mustard ...
It went so well I was able to eat the entire sandwich ...
I wasn't raised eating alot of meat, so this is different for me ...
Hey, but what's not to like, right!?!
With 12 kids, a piece of round steak was cut into itty bitty pieces for chop suey ...
I always picked my out & gave it to whomever was the quickest or some cases, the strongest ...
A ham & turkey were only for holidays ...
We could strip each one down to the bone!
As I'm writing, my niece is getting ham for the chubacabras ...
Of course, I had to mention the high amount of salt ...
The niece & the girl's gave me a look of, "shut up Mama!" ...

I'll take a look at that pectin, I'm sure I can use Stevia as the sweetener ...
Thanks for the suggestion ...
Old 24-01-2017, 07:47 PM
Master

High five girl! A whole ham sandwich. Hey, as long as you can eat the ham sandwich forget the mustard!

When I was growing up we were a blended family of 7 and the father was on workman's comp for several years because of a severe back injury so I do have memories of creamed chipped beef over biscuits and reconstituted powdered milk. Yuck!

I think I read an Amazon review that the customer used stevia as a sugar substitute for their jam. It might take some experimenting but to have your jam and eat it too!
Old 24-01-2017, 08:05 PM
Master

Last week I had an appointment with an orthopedic doctor for my hip. FYI: I had bursitis on that hip and last March I had the bursa removed but there is still pain when I walk. And winter cold really aggravates it.

So back to the doctor. He suggested a IT Band Expansion (surgery) where he would go into the same hip and open it up and cut the muscle. Kind of like scoring it. It might alleviate the pain, but no guarantees.

So what does this have to do with my corn blog? Medications. As I've mentioned before all medications in the United States has corn in them. The orthopedic doctor suggested a morphine drip for a few days after surgery but he could only give it to me for that long so I wouldn't become addicted.

That scared the bejesus out of me. Weeks of after surgery with no pain medication? I asked some corn free friends and only one said she got a script from her doctor and took it to a compounding pharmacy.

A compounding pharmacy makes your medications eliminating the (in my case) corn and gluten. Of course it's expensive but it's either pay up or be in pain! But we don't have a compounding pharmacy in my town.

I finally found a pharmacy this morning that would compound pain medication in Colorado Springs. So I went down to the office of the orthopedic doctor only to be told he doesn't prescribe pain medication before the surgery. So I had to plead my case. They took the information to him and he wrote the prescription for pain meds. I've faxed a copy of the prescription to the compounding pharmacy and am waiting for her to call me back. I need to know how long it will take them to make the pills. Surgery is scheduled for Feb 1st so if they can't fill the prescription I need to push back the surgery date until I have pills in hand. If she can have the prescription filled in time I will take the hand written prescription to Colorado Springs tomorrow morning.

Thank you doctor for listening to me. I get that so seldom anymore from the medical field.
Old 24-01-2017, 08:09 PM
Master

Compounding pharmacy just called. She got my fax of the prescription. She will go ahead and fill the prescription and I am to bring the original prescription on Thursday, give it to her and pick up my meds. I'm all set!
Old 08-02-2017, 02:43 PM
Master

Well, surgery was cancelled when the anesthesiologist saw my blood pressure (it was sky high). Back to my primary care doctor. Since I found a compounding pharmacy he will research what can be compounded to address my high blood pressure. He and I had a conversation about said blood pressure last October and he chose not to deal with it. Now he has to.