Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 02-01-2013, 06:26 AM
travelgirlfl

Sleep paralysis & a "presence"?

I'm never sure if I'm posting things I don't know how to explain in the right spot, so feel free to redirect this question to a different topic area. I chose this one because I saw a few threads about sleep paralysis....

Two January's in a row (and only then) I've had sorta similar experiences of what I'll call (for lack of a better understanding/description) a "visiting presence", though it could be something else entirely.

Briefly, the first time (I think it was Jan/Feb 2011) I "woke up" (later realizing I hadn't actually woken up at all, not at first) feeling "someone" spooning me .... I could feel 'his?' hand on my thigh, where his 'body' pressed into my body in spots, etc.....it felt so real I REALLY thought someone had broken into my house & I was very scared, and 'thinking', "if I just lay here & pretend to be asleep, will I be safe?" I contemplated using all my force & turning & whalloping 'the guy'... but realized I couldn't move, or scream, or do anything....then with all this 'thinking', I began to sorta 'wake up' or come into awareness enough to realize I hadn't actually been awake, & then in this grogginess I think I fell back asleep & waking later remembered all this. IT FELT SOOOOOO REAL...

Last January I had a somewhat similar experience which made me realize the first one had been about a year prior. This time, I "woke up" and became very aware of a male figure lurking around the edges of my room, again, very very real feel, not at all like a dream feel, & he was peeking out the windows in a suspicious way, that sort of thing. He was dressed sorta like a character in Mad Men, maybe...old fashioned grey suit/hat/red tie down to the dress shoes he was walking on my mattress, too (it's on the floor)...I realized quicker this time I wasn't awake, couldn't move, etc. & snapped out of it quicker, but it was really weird.

Looking through my 2012 journal today I realized the 2nd experience was Jan 16, 2012.... so now I'm wondering if both these happening in Jan's past means I'm about due for another odd experience, or what....?? I've also lived in this house for 9 years,sleep in the same room, & nothing like this happened until 2011, it's a house built in the 50's but didn't hear any unusual stories about it from folks in the neighborhood or anything....

So what the heck were those experiences? Dreams? Visitations of some sort of entity/spirit? What say you, wise ones? :)

Thank you!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Master
I lived in an old house that I used to see my husband's deceased grandfather in on occasion. There were three times I woke up in the middle of the night, was conscious, but could not move my body. I did not feel anyone there, or see them, but I could not move my body no matter how hard I tried. It was pretty scary. This was over 10 years ago. My feelings now about things I see or feel are this: everything happens for a reason- I have nothing to be afraid of. If i can communicate with someone (alive or other) its an opportunity to make them feel better. My intentions are good. What is the worst that can happen? Death is only another beginning. There is learning in everything. It sounds to me like whoever is there with you is looking for comfort. They can "hear" you whether you are speaking out loud or not- I think you should be reassuring and tell them it's time for them to move on. :)
Old 06-01-2013, 04:26 AM
travelgirlfl

Thanks for your input, 12 meadows. Should it happen again, I'll try that, or maybe even asking it 'Why are you here?' & see what happens...
Old 09-01-2013, 01:28 PM
InFurs

Well Jan 16 is coming up let us know what happens!

Does this presence give you any vibe? Is it a familiar vibe, uncomfortable or do you feel indifferent? Trust your instinct on how you feel about this man. Does he strike you as evil, or maybe he wants something?
Old 09-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Master
travelgirlfl, InFurs is right-how they make you feel is very important. Try to be calm and objective though. I hope all is well. :)
Old 12-01-2013, 04:51 AM
travelgirlfl

Nothing to report on this ... yet. The 'presences' or whatever they were felt different from each other, and....not threatening, not.... not anything much really, which seems odd given what their activities I think....*I* was scared, but it was because I thought it was real, not because of any particular feeling from the presences if that makes sense....and neither time was it familiar at all. I'll post back if something should happen again!