Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 10-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Master
Your doorkeeper walks your journey with you, goes through what you go through, experiences what you experience. Your doorkeeper tries to keep you on the path you have chosen for yourself and keep you aligned with your ancient spirit.

Sparrow, our different views don't matter really because they are merely variations in terms, but it occurs to me from this description that what you are calling "doorkeeper" I call your "master guide", and is part of your own higher self. This is just to clarify for others who may have also heard other names for it.

Xan

Last edited by Xan : 11-10-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:31 PM
Ascender
Hi Xan

Always love what u have to say

Quote:

Becoming aware in your Higher Self is like coming home.

That is how it feels when I listen to that Inner Voice ....exactly!

Thanks again

" And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to the span of life?"

Jesus Christ

Old 11-10-2010, 02:49 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Guide Sparrow
Your doorkeeper walks your journey with you, goes through what you go through, experiences what you experience. Your doorkeeper tries to keep you on the path you have chosen for yourself and keep you aligned with your ancient spirit.
You can of course call upon them to help you in a specific way, whether it be to find you a car parking space, or to comfort you during a loss of a loved one.
Despite the many forms of help they can provide, I always advise people to learn to develop and practice their own spiritual gifts, and gifts of wisdom first and foremost.
Your guides and doorkeeper can then facilitate the flow of these gifts to work for you.

-SPARROW-

Greetings Sparrow !

A doorkeeper sounds a bit like a Guardian Angel. How does one know who is who ?

so many different guides to call upon, how does one know who to ask for what ?

blessings to you,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 11-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveyduck
I am aware of Spirit Guides, Doorkeepers and Angel presences in my life.

I have taken notice of the different energies that come through at times of personal growth spiritually, the changes and ways of revealing themselves to me. I dont deny how they have shown me - through various mediums - what it is I need to know or how they might take me off for a lesson during sleeptime, or Ill "see" things, or suddenly just "know" things. They all work in amazing ways to get my attention.

However, I have this undeniable faith in myself - or higher self - and tend to trust that more than anything, in fact I often wander why my doorkeeper even has the time and patience with me to stick around as such, although I know I am guided - at times of connecting and reading for someone - because of them - Im sure. Im sure its because of them that I get to "see" bits and pieces of information the come forth when reading.

Higherself - the all knowing "old" me - my soul exposed to me and a guide I rely upon heavily to steer me right, Ive always referred to that as my inner radar or detective - I instinctively connect to that aspect of myself and to be honest - cant remember what it feels like not to do this or use this as my guiding light.

Is it just a matter of needing many helpers outside of HS - am I confusing you with what Im saying at all? LoL - I havent quite formulated the question I want to ask, but can you elaborate on the purpose of Higher Self please?

Thanks for the your time and efforts with this thread - much appreciated and well informative.

Namaste
Purpose is something human beings aspire to create for themselves consistently. It is a frame of mind, a state of consciousness that humans have which helps justify themselves in who they are, what they are doing and where they aspire to get to.
Remember, you are but one species, and your thought processes are much different to that of most other beings, both in the physical, and in the none-physical.

The sense of purpose grows from within your soul, as part of your soul journey. It is not necessarily an aspect you find within your ancient spirit. As a soul, that which you have created yourself as, which cocoons your core spirit, you mould your own sense of purpose upon this journey you are having. As you come to terms with what you are and the roles that you play within the great scheme of existence, you slowly and gradually evolve and develop your own identity of purpose from the desires that you have. This means to say, there is no set purpose or plan for you to follow, for you have been, and continue to, recreate yourself within your own awareness, within your own experience, and project your own sense of purpose outward in all that you do, both in the physical world and in the spirit world.

So then, if your own purpose to exist and have this journey is founded on the desires and aspirations brought forward by the soul; your individualised identity - then the higher Self would be that which aligns you to your highest potential to achieve this. This would be your ancient spirit. Your ancient spirit is that which came first. It is the essence of infinite potential. This intangible essence once observed a great many potentials from the sea of all life, and at one point in time separated from the great sea of infinity to draw its fascination to a specific pathway, to a specific reality or dimension. It joined a particular soul group through its affiliation from millions of years of observation and affection for that particular energy potential. It created a soul for itself through the pursuit of that energy pathway within whatever reality it existed within. From that moment on, this individualized spark of identity and affiliation for this energy pathway became its seed destiny and purpose. Soul groups then can be understood to have different sense of purpose and function within the great multi-verse of creation.

Higher Self, as understood by means of your ancient spirit, which is the seed to all potential and the roots which invisibly connects you to all things, including prime creator, is purely that. Think of your higher Self, your ancient spirit as roots which reach deep into many layers of reality, absorbing and feeding your soul identity and journey. As your identity grows and your branches of potential expand, and you produce the fruits of joy in your life, so too do your roots expand and grow, giving you access to greater abundance, sustenance and sustainability upon your divine pathway. Though your ancient spirit does not change, or become corrupt or tainted by the journey of the soul, it develops new roots connecting you to new potentials and new awareness’s. As each leaf falls and withers from the tree of life, more will develop in a new cycle, sustained and fed through the nutrition the roots provide.

Hope this helps.
-SPARROW-

~~~Spirit Guide Sparrow~~~
From the wisdom of my council to the wisdom of yours

¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜� �”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸
Old 11-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
Greetings Sparrow !

A doorkeeper sounds a bit like a Guardian Angel. How does one know who is who ?

so many different guides to call upon, how does one know who to ask for what ?

blessings to you,
Dream Angel xx
Pleasant day dreams, Dream Angel.

Aren’t we all Angels in one sense or another?

With Guardian Angels, what does one suppose he, or she, needs to be guarded from?
If I may speak generally, not to use you as an example here, but speak out of observation from what I witness in many others.
This would essentially suggest one must constantly live in fear from something that is out to get them. This is a misleading mental pathway human beings have fancified for themselves in order to make themselves feel better, safer and within a type of ‘safe zone’. Beings often act like Guardian Angels towards you simply because you do not use your own innate abilities to stand up for yourself, empower yourself and ward off or transmute your own undesired energy influences in your environment. You are always your grandest guide, guardian and gift to yourself.

My advice, as ever, is that to be of enlightened state and aligned best to spirit, is to first and foremost seek to call upon your own source power, your own source guidance and your own source of protection in all matters. Then, and only then, can your other guides, doorkeepers, Angels all work for you, and through YOU, to facilitate this one single focus and potential. If you are trying to make lots of different connections to all sorts of far away unseen energies and entities, of whom you know nothing about, then you are going to miss the mark every time. If you focus purely on developing your own sense of higher Self and ability, sensitivity and source wisdom, then every other guide you have will communicate with you through this pathway. This is a much easier and more efficient way to connect with your spirit guides and helpers. The trick will be, in a sense, to distinguish between your own guidance and that of other guides and helpers. Though ultimately, it matters not where the information comes from, but how best you can use it to fulfil whatever purpose you deem worth-thee, or worthy.

-SPARROW-

Old 11-10-2010, 06:29 PM
Deactivated Account

Love & light greetings Sparrow !

I do believe in Angels , I just never quite thought about the idea that we are all Angels, in one way or another.

In my thinking of Guardian Angels I seem to relate to a picture I recall seeing, it is of a small child, or maybe two children ( I can't remember exactly ) crossing a bridge and there is an Angel with them, a Guardian Angel. Perhaps you have seen this picture somewhere ? It is not so much that a Guardian Angel is guarding one from fear, I think of it more as a gentle guidance, someone looking out for me, watching over me. Someone who is with me, when I am feeling lost and alone in the darkness.

Here is the picture I am talking about ~

I can understand how one can get tangled up, so to speak in a web of confusion, if seeking advice and guidance from too many different sources, when all we need is to look within. It is just kind of confusing at times, because there is so much talk , about one needing guidance from all these spirit helpers...

and now I am supposed to learn how to distinguish between my own guidance and that of the other guides and helpers ? one doesn't ask too much do they ? loll !

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction

Last edited by Adrienne : 11-10-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Master
Higher Self, as understood by means of your ancient spirit, which is the seed to all potential and the roots which invisibly connects you to all things, including prime creator, is purely that. Think of your higher Self, your ancient spirit as roots which reach deep into many layers of reality, absorbing and feeding your soul identity and journey....your ancient spirit does not change, or become corrupt or tainted by the journey of the soul...

I like this description of Higher Self, which many people also call True Self. In other words, you Are your higher self in essence.

Xan

Old 17-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Master
Hello, Dream Angel.

Thank you for sharing your imagery here. I find images are always open to multitudes of interpretation. Here the bridge could symbolize a great many things, from the bridge of flowers, to the bridge of fear, or perhaps the bridge of destiny. And as always the symbolism of the wings to denote an angelic significance.

You are quite right when speaking of confusion. The energies of some spirit guides and helpers can often be so potent and powerful to the human sensitivity, that even one of these beings can create a sense of unease, giddiness or light headedness. If multiple spirit beings attempt to interact with you simultaneously they would simply overwhelm you to the point of having a nervous breakdown. It is quite common then that one presence in spirit will act as the spokesperson for a whole assortment of energies that are within, or closely outside of your energy field.

I would not go as far as to say, you need lots of guidance from lots of different helpers, rather that lots of different energy beings volunteer their services because you become a source of interest and promise for them. There is a great excitement in the spirit world when there is evidence to see a great arising potential in someone or some situation.

Responding to your last paragraph, the answer is really quite simple. Rely and direct your efforts and focus in tuning in to your own refined guidance, and align yourself with your own ancient spirit, and all those other guides and helpers will use your ‘higher Self’ as the spokesperson for their own guidance. It then does not really matter where the wisdom comes from, as long as the message is received loud and clear.

Courtesies of clarity and contentment -SPARROW-

Old 17-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Ascender
Hello Spirit Guide Sparrow

Thank you for that explanation - it was very informative.

" And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to the span of life?"

Jesus Christ

Old 28-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveyduck
Hello Spirit Guide Sparrow

Thank you for that explanation - it was very informative.
You are always welcome. Please come by Sparrow's shop again any time