Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 02-07-2018, 03:55 AM
Experiencer

Can anyone answer or explain

I am buying this house in the blue square appears to be a giant cross the owner is very closed off regarding things. Is this cross serving a purpose or is it just an oddity?

I ask because I am superstitious regarding things like this however I dont want a giant cross on my property unless it is serving a purpose.

Thank you for your consideration.

Namaste`
Old 02-07-2018, 02:20 PM
Master
Have you asked the owner if it means anything or is supposed to mean anything?

There is the possibility it could be a grave marker. Think little crosses along roadsides, only this is bigger.

It also could simply be related to the owners, religious belief/ practice.

If it serves a purpose it serves the purpose or served the purpose for whomever erected it there.

It could also be something someone has been using as a protection symbol.

It could serve many purposes depending who is perceiving it.

Now would it serve a purpose for you? Depends on the circumstances.

If it is a grave marker no, but I would not tear it down.

If it is a religious thing- it would serve you if you are Christian, or particularly fond of crosses.

If it is being used as protection- it could serve you, the person who erected it may have had a reason for it, and I personally if I bought the place would leave it there.

I hope that helps answer your question on whether or not it serves a purpose some.

I gave 3 ideas- two of them would leave me feeling to leave the cross there and not be rid of it, and the religious reason would depend on who purchased the house- personally myself, I would leave it there anyway as I have no real issue with crosses, and actually love them, despite not being Christian.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:00 PM
Experiencer

The owner of the property is very...secretive some would say. Which really doesnt bother me because I understand the desire for privacy. My biggest concern was do I need to get the property cleansed before I get there or can I wait and do it myself. The area we are moving to used to belong to the Ute Native Americans and they where forced off the land during the Indian Removal Act. A friend of our is brokering the deal for us however and he has seen a lot of these crosses. When my friend did the walk through the owner was present which we didnt expect and he did explain the cross thankfully it was made as a political statement and everyone in the town had erected one. It was a stance against the removal of God from public spaces. I personally did not expect an explanation, but I am grateful he gave one. My only concern is negative energy.

With that being said I am leaving the cross. Though I may not have wanted a giant cross in my yard I like the feeling of unity it brought to the town and had it been me I would have done it too.

Namaste`
Old 03-07-2018, 06:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compendium
The owner of the property is very...secretive some would say. Which really doesn't bother me because I understand the desire for privacy. My biggest concern was do I need to get the property cleansed before I get there or can I wait and do it myself. The area we are moving to used to belong to the Ute Native Americans and they where forced off the land during the Indian Removal Act. A friend of our is brokering the deal for us however and he has seen a lot of these crosses. When my friend did the walk through the owner was present which we didn't expect and he did explain the cross thankfully it was made as a political statement and everyone in the town had erected one. It was a stance against the removal of God from public spaces. I personally did not expect an explanation, but I am grateful he gave one. My only concern is negative energy.

With that being said I am leaving the cross. Though I may not have wanted a giant cross in my yard I like the feeling of unity it brought to the town and had it been me I would have done it too.

Namaste`

As far as cleansing goes, it may not hurt. I periodically bless and space clear my bedroom space whether I experience any activity or not- and in this house there has not been too much awful activity. I experienced once my hair being pulled while I had it up in a ponytail, I knew it was not a matter of myself forcing my head back, felt like a hand literally grabbed my pontytail and pulled my head back. My mother said she felt being pushed by a spirit- this caused her to fall. Right then there when I was alone in my bedroom I demanded it do whatever it wants to me, but if it touches my mother or especially anyone else in the house- especially my niece? I stated this aloud. Let it know it does not have permission to touch people or things.

I've not had any physical problems since.

I do not consider this a spirit passed in my house, I've seen and felt those. They don't bother me.

Either way whether I personally experience anything within my homes or not, for a number of years now I have periodically blessed and cleared my own personal space.

Personally I do not feel you have anything to worry about. I wouldn't cleanse it unless you honestly want to. You may wish to have a small blessing ceremony to pay respect to those forced off the land. Simply show respect. I would not jump the gun and think the house needs blessing before it does.

You do not want to add extra worries on your plate.

Whether you bless or cleanse or not is entirely up to you.

IMO a blessing aimed at showing respect towards those forced off the land, may be more helpful than a blessing coming from worry of spirit attachments. Simply as it is preferred with space work to try not to come from a place of fear.

If you do bless perhaps try and do so only if you truly want to.

All my best to you in any case.

Blessings to you.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:12 PM
Master

If you have doubts don't buy it! Like in love and marriage and business.
Old 04-07-2018, 04:53 PM
Experiencer

Oh I am buying it lol. Im not worried as I respect the land and the ecosystem which resides there. I have always lived with spirits since I was little. I cant imagine having a home without a spirit in residence actually. I have children though and they are both sensitive so I wanted to make sure the cross was not prohibiting negativity. As it would dictate the need of secondary arrangements until it could be cleared.

Saturnine we are planning a land blessing when we arrive and if the need arises to have to cut down any trees I will work with the land to cut only the ones that volunteer. I need to build a barn for the horses though. I only clear space and smudge when needed as my family attracts a multitude of spirits the only ones I dont appreciate are the ones that are mean and scare the kids. In fact I smudged a smelly spirit out just yesterday. The closer we get to leaving the more active they are getting.
Old 07-07-2018, 07:04 PM
Knower
I've cleansed every home regardless. I even saged our car when we bought it and when my daughter became a truck driver, I saged the truck she was assigned. You want your energy in your home and anything not yours or negative out of it. The good spirits should stay.

As for the cross, I wouldn't worry about it. Some ppl are very spiritual and the cross may have brought that family peace and comfort. If it was placed there for other reasons, I'm sure you can easily cleanse it out yourself :)
Happy moving!
Old 08-07-2018, 12:36 AM
Experiencer

I am currently drying out fresh sage to smudge as we speak lol.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:28 AM
Knower
Compendium

When I saw your photo I got creeped out. The cross is definitely serving a purpose. If it is sacrilegious, something like that is on clear grounds (grass only) where you would see a statue of Mother Mary or something like it. The cross is in a wooded area for a reason. It might be a grave marker but usually if someone or something is being buried, I’m thinking it would be on a clearer ground. If the owner is being secretive, it is because they know something that might have occurred on that particular spot??? Have you investigated the property and studied the history of the location? Was anyone killed there??? I would look into it further. You really want to know why that’s there. When you visited the location did you get bad vibes?