Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 16-06-2018, 05:09 PM
Administrator
Hello

I have used salt to remove negative energy and I have used it to replace energy. When I took my Reiki we used salt for cleansing and as an elixir that we took in using crystals. While mine did not taste good at all I know that it had a lot of value in it.

I use white sea salt to cleanse a crystal and I use Himalayan rock salt lamp or crystal salt to re energize a crystal. While the Himalayan Salt Lamp takes out negative ions in the air I have come to fine it powerful in putting something back into a crystal. The lamp and salt takes negative energy out but it puts back cleaner air around you. I have found that crystal really like to be surrounded by the lamp energy.

I have taken sea salt out of my diet and replaced it with Hymalayan Salt and even have started to use it in a foot soak and I have found more energizing effects from it. I grew up tossing salt spilled on the dinner table over my shoulder for good forturne, so I have always found it to be good for energizing affirmations.

Its all in what works for you peronally at times.

Lynn
Old 16-06-2018, 09:24 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Sun... crystals don't fade from a few hours of sun every now and then. It takes quite some time for that to happen.
I've had 3 amethyst in full sun (south) for half a year or longer, night and day. None of them faded.
Have another yellowish quartz that I wouldn't mind fading. It has been in the sun, same window on the south so full stinking hot sun. It has been there for nearly 6 years. No fading whatsoever.
So don't be so afraid to use sun.

Soil... depends on what you want to clear. Be mindful to tell the crystal to not start cleansing/charging the soil (garden, plant). And don't use potting soil --> it's too acidic. It'll damage your crystals. Been there before with a new carnelian.

Selenite is also for charging not just cleansing :) when I said soil I ment earth not potting soil I should have been more specific sorry. Crystals are actually good for plants especially those that are food bearing. I have been doing some research and the plants people have placed crystals/orgonite with are larger and much healthier in appearance.

Lynn I too have found myself switching to Hymalaian salt in my diet as well and I have been feeling better after eating when I use it. I have also considered getting a Hymalain salt bowl with the salt rocks in it for charging or even just letting them rest in there. I was also thinking of getting a crystal singing bowl and using the vibration to charge them. Just to see what works best. Have you tried sound with yours?

Namaste`
Old 17-06-2018, 06:11 AM
Experiencer
Hi Compendium ! I agree with your analysis that crystals would prefer soil. It's hard for me to put in such terms, but if you were to " ask the crystal " it stands to reason that they would enjoy the earth they were grown in. Sort of like going back to the womb I guess. To me this makes logical sense.

Now if you ask me what method I would prefer to clense crystals that's a whole other story. I really value my crystals as natural works of art and as such I keep them on display stands and dust them with fine brushes. I would not enjoy cleaning them after they have been in soil. It would make my job much harder.

Lynn thank you for your insight. It's always a pleasure reading your posts. I notice your posts are always kind, polite, and thoughtful, even when your view doesn't align with another. You are always the first to give caring unbiased advice. Thank you.

P.S I am not trying to imply others are not thoughtful or polite, just trying to give credit where credit is due.
Old 17-06-2018, 04:21 PM
Experiencer

Crystal I am in the process of moving to a new state and a larger house. We have out grown our home and Florida is simply too hot. My new home has a sacred space in it. I have wondered how I am going to charge the larger crystals I plan to buy because like you I dont want to make the job of dusting them more difficult. I want to explore:

Music
Singing bowls
Running water Ionizes so those that can be under water could be charged with it.

These are just some thoughts I am tossing around.
I am also wondering if you can program a crystal with certain tones that could enhance its healing properties.

Just some thoughts though.
Namaste`
Old 17-06-2018, 04:35 PM
Experiencer
Hi Compendium ! I lived in Florida for 18 months ( clearwater beach ) and I can relate to the heat. It wasn't so bad in the winter but in the summer months it was unbearable for me. I never knew you could sweat while you were taking a shower.

I would be careful with the water technique, as some crystals can be damaged in water, even ones that look very solid like fluorite. Music sounds nice. I am not familiar with that cleansing technique but I'm sure the crystals would probably like certain music. I know plants do. Speaking of plants we have found that mixing crystals with plants has a very nice effect. Our living room is full of plants with crystals beside or near them, and I think it looks stunning. It's sort of natural I think as both are from the earth.

You could I suppose put cleansing crystals near other crystals and then you wouldn't have to worry about charging them. I have heard that citrine will cleanse other crystals just being near them. Hmmm....maybe I am confusing cleansing with charging, is there a difference ?
Old 18-06-2018, 09:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compendium
Selenite is also for charging not just cleansing :) when I said soil I ment earth not potting soil I should have been more specific sorry. Crystals are actually good for plants especially those that are food bearing. I have been doing some research and the plants people have placed crystals/orgonite with are larger and much healthier in appearance.

Lynn I too have found myself switching to Hymalaian salt in my diet as well and I have been feeling better after eating when I use it. I have also considered getting a Hymalain salt bowl with the salt rocks in it for charging or even just letting them rest in there. I was also thinking of getting a crystal singing bowl and using the vibration to charge them. Just to see what works best. Have you tried sound with yours?

Namaste`
I guess you didn't understand me. If you want your crystals to discharge you got to tell them to not start healing/charging plants because then the crystals are STILL NOT discharging & resting but working.
I've worked with crystals for years, I know they can help plants. We were not talking about healing & helping plants though, we were talking about cleansing crystals. And if you want them to cleanse and put them in soil or with plants the chance is real high that it will not cleanse itself but start healing/charging the soil/garden/plants.
Hence having to tell the crystal to NOT do that.
Hope that is clear?

The potting soil bit I added as extra information for you, not because I didn't understand you.
Old 18-06-2018, 10:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

I have used salt to remove negative energy and I have used it to replace energy. When I took my Reiki we used salt for cleansing and as an elixir that we took in using crystals. While mine did not taste good at all I know that it had a lot of value in it.

I use white sea salt to cleanse a crystal and I use Himalayan rock salt lamp or crystal salt to re energize a crystal. While the Himalayan Salt Lamp takes out negative ions in the air I have come to fine it powerful in putting something back into a crystal. The lamp and salt takes negative energy out but it puts back cleaner air around you. I have found that crystal really like to be surrounded by the lamp energy.

I have taken sea salt out of my diet and replaced it with Hymalayan Salt and even have started to use it in a foot soak and I have found more energizing effects from it. I grew up tossing salt spilled on the dinner table over my shoulder for good forturne, so I have always found it to be good for energizing affirmations.

Its all in what works for you peronally at times.

Lynn
A salt lamp doesn't take negative ions out of the air, it takes positive ions out of the air, or rather cleanses them into negative ions.
Positive ions are not healthy for us and that is exactly what we need to cleanse. Negative ions are good for us.
Pine essential oil does the same thing, around mountains and the sea (salt water again) the air is also more filled with negative ions.

Of course crystals like being around something that exudes / produces more negative ions. Humans do as well. Everything that has similar energies and needs to humans and crystals and certain plants prefer to live in an environment like that.
It will help a crystal (and human & plants) to thrive. There's less negativity so our energies will remain cleaner and healthier.
I don't really see that as cleansing or charging though, more like (trying to) keep you current state of being as good as possible.

All the other things you mention is all to do with the quality of salt to absorb negativity. And yes, of course you will feel better when negativity is gone. In a way you could maybe call that charging, I do feel it is different though.

Simply put:
You can a) energize yourself by getting rid of negativity and b) you can energize yourself by filling yourself with positivity/positive energy. The latter is charging, the first is cleansing.
And yes, both will make you feel better/good, but they're not the same.
You get the best result if you first do the cleansing then also charge.

Not unlike cleansing a house. If you cleanse it from negativity, it will feel better. But it still isn't charged with positivity yet. If nothing else, you've created a void where the negativity used to be and there cannot be a void in energy, it will fill itself up again. Law of physics. And energy doesn't care what it fills itself up with, good or bad, it simply fills itself up.
THat's why it's vitally important that after a house cleansing you also fill it with positivity. That's why after smudging with sage, Frankincense & Myrrh were used as these attract positive energies.
Old 18-06-2018, 04:03 PM
Experiencer

Crystal I was talking about water for charging, but I get what you are saying about the damage water can do. The difference between charging and cleansing is, cleansing gets rid of the negativity the crystal has absorbed and charging is adding positivity to the crystals energy field and giving it an extra boost.
Yes here you can sweat even in the shower LOL. I am in the process of moving to Colorado, but I foolishly ordered some Libyan desert glass and now I am stuck waiting for it to come in in like 2 weeks. In my defense when hubby says "Yes order it" if I dont jump on it I will miss out :( and have to wait again LOL.

Fairy I am sorry I was totally confused about the plant thing, but I understand now thank you for clarifying that for me. I dont deal much with plants at the moment as Florida has some of the worst soil. When I move though I intend to have a veg. Garden and I was looking into using crystals or possibly orgonite in the soil with the plants.

A little chemistry about neg. Ions to explain how they work: neg. Ions have more electrons than protons in the atom. This is because it is stealing valence electrons from weaker atoms with less valence electrons in its quest to become stable. The atom will continue to take the valence electrons of other atoms until it has filled its outer shell and become balanced. Dry and boring,but it helps explain why crystals work. All of the Crystals I have researched so far all have a neg. Ionic charge. When something Ionizes it is said to have an electrical charge. Like a magnet negative attracts negative so the negative ions are drawing out the negative ions from your body, plants, animals etc. Negative ions are related to cancer causing agents and the things our body doesnt need. And it is theorized by science this is why crystals most likely work because they draw the negative ions out of things :)
Old 19-06-2018, 04:55 AM
Experiencer
[quote=FairyCrystal] And if you want them to cleanse and put them in soil or with plants the chance is real high that it will not cleanse itself but start healing/charging the soil/garden/plants.
QUOTE]

Seriously ? That sounds kinda awesome... Crystal infused plants ! I like it, I like it a lot.

Hi Compendium ! Thanks for the clarification on charging vs cleansing. Also I found your explanation on negative ions very informative. I knew a little bit about that, but your summary was great. You could be a science teacher. In fact I like the way you explain things.
Old 19-06-2018, 06:48 AM
Experiencer

Crystal I home school my children actually. All the stuff is supplied because I use an accredited program, but I learn a lot. I usually go over their lessons ahead of time so that I can break it down for them if they need me to. I love it though because I also get to show them how all that stuff connects to the real world. LOL