Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 29-05-2018, 10:32 AM
Master
Do you think God has any control?

Even if God wanted to interfere and perhaps save us; do you think that He could? I see very little evidence that anybody or anyone actually has the strength to do anything much to help. Does God have control over the situation? Is anyone in command? Sometimes I truly doubt it.

Reality/life seems like a huge mass of semi-organised chaos. With no one in particular having any say on the matter.

Sometimes I feel as though God has lost the plot. Perhaps God is dying. It worries me.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 29-05-2018, 10:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Even if God wanted to interfere and perhaps save us; do you think that He could? I see very little evidence that anybody or anyone actually has the strength to do anything much to help. Does God have control over the situation? Is anyone in command? Sometimes I truly doubt it.

Reality/life seems like a huge mass of semi-organised chaos. With no one in particular having any say on the matter.

Sometimes I feel as though God has lost the plot. Perhaps God is dying. It worries me.

God Helps Those Who Help Themselves
Old 29-05-2018, 11:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

You have proof of that? I do help myself. Yet the question remains open.

Perhaps you could try listening to what people are saying instead of reeling off answers from your "New Age Book Of I AM".

Old 29-05-2018, 11:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

It is a bit like saying 98% of all life does not help itself.

Old 29-05-2018, 11:44 AM
Master
Quote:
You have proof of that? I do help myself. Yet the question remains open.

Perhaps you could try listening to what people are saying instead of reeling off answers from your "New Age Book Of I AM".

Yes I do have proof, It comes from self realization Honza not from any books, and if you think about it New age is actually Old age, nothing's new. Everything goes around in a circle.
Old 29-05-2018, 11:48 AM
Master
Quote:
It is a bit like saying 98% of all life does not help itself.

That came from you not me, I can't change how you perceive things.
Old 29-05-2018, 12:05 PM
Ascender

Quote:

If you believe God created us and the Universe then you have to accept he is in control and can do anything he pleases.Some say God sent floods and plagues of locust because he didn't like what he saw so I would think he is ok with us now ,as its a beautiful day here where I am and not a locust in sight.
Some will say he will get angry soon and "the end is nigh"but that silly talk has been going on for a long time now so I pay no attention to that paranoia

Why do so we see suffering and chaos?....Freewill maybe ,because without freewill we would be a bit like slaves or robots and that aint gonna work either.

If you see chaos out in the world,stop looking at it if it depresses you.
If you see chaos in your life,take some action and try to fix it.
Instead of looking at the news,look at the sky.
Instead of listening to complaints,listen to the dawn chorus.
There are choices that a lot of us have but we don't choose them.

Some don't have a choice and that is rough,these people need help,, so if we can help those we should instead of feeling sorry for them.
Would a starving person rather sympathy or a bowl of soup?

Look at your immediate world first and get some joy from it.
There are children playing,there are lovers holding hands and making passionate love.There are funfairs and circus's.People sing and dance.
People are laughing.Families are sharing.Friends are talking....have another look at the world,,,its not that bad,it depends on where you look
Old 29-05-2018, 01:07 PM
Master
Maybe I am moaning for no valid reason...…

Old 29-05-2018, 01:25 PM
Experiencer

I also feel in a moaning mood today But barrynu is right, it's the small things that can lift us very high sometimes. No idea if God has any control. I think he/she could but doesn't want to because doesn't want to take our free will away.

I'm gonna have a cuppa now
Old 29-05-2018, 01:29 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Maybe I am moaning for no valid reason...…

There IS a reason why you are moaning.I don't know what it is.
Figure it out......I can give you some clues to explore.
Do you have a healthy lifestyle?
Do you have friends and family to talk to?
Are you listening to other peoples views too much?
Are you afraid of anything?

These aren't questions to answer here but personal questions for yourself.
You can post the answers here if you wish if you think it may help.